Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Chino06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 374652
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2014 STI Hatch
CBS

Lightbulb COBB Stage 2+ Low boost w/Logs

I recently installed on my 2014 STI 12k miles:

COBB Downpipe
COBB Catback
COBB SF intake

and I'm running Stage2+SF 91 Octane Boost Select rev 3.34.

After finishing the installation I set up my AP and logged just to check and see if everything was running okay, I'm supposed to be getting it protuned this weekend but the car will not boost over 10 psi.

All logs were done at 5300' elevation and around 60F
Log 1: (3rd gear pull from 2500)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Log 2: (4th gear pull from 2500) (I did notice the feedback knock being logged which I think occured when the car was moving up through 3500 rpmsish)

Some of the things I noticed, I'm showing wastegate duty as 0 which from what I've read could be due to my boost control being disabled. DAM is showing 1 which I thought was weird because I assumed it started from a lower setting to "learn" up to one, so between the first and second logs I reset the ECU and my DAM was still 1. My A/F looks good according to the cobb manual as it's sitting between +/-8.

If there was a boost leak wouldn't the target boost be much higher? Even though I'm not reaching it.

Another thing that concerned me is my vacuum at idle: (this was taken in my garage after the second data log.)

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to look at/for since I didn't have any means to log the vehicle before I installed the parts/flashed it. I'm currently waiting for the car to cool off and then I'm going to take off the TMIC again and inspect to see if I can find any lines that may of been loosened are slipped off during intake/TMIC install.

Thanks in advance for any help.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Chino06; 10-31-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Chino06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
EDJR_WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388847
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX hatch
Ice silver metallic

Is it in I mode??
EDJR_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Chino06
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 STI Hatch
CBS

Yes, are those supposed to be normal #s for "i" mode with the OTS cobb stage 2 or something? Sorry new to the Subaru world and I've been trying to read/learn as much as I can on my own.

*edit*
I'm going go crawl back into my hole as I may of missed reading probably the most important thing,
https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...-13+Intake.pdf

going to log again and see how hopefully retarded I am.

Last edited by Chino06; 10-31-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: still learning to read
Old 10-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Chino06
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 STI Hatch
CBS

Looks much better now:

I'm assuming the peak of 16 psi and my -8 psi vacuum at idle may be due to me being at 5300' elevation. Either way this turned out to be user error, unless anyone see's anything wrong with the above log. (After first pull forgot to turn off the logging so it kind goes for a bit while cruising in 5th.)
Old 11-01-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
snoopy_sti
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 164942
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
2007 WRX STI Limited

-Your gonna be at vacuum unless the car is under boost, it does not boost at idle or when the car is not under load.
- DAM starts at 1.0 on a Reflash
- You are under boosting and might want to try the HWG map. You have to look at your TD boost error. A positive number indicates how far below you are from the boost target while a negative number indicates how far above the boost target you are.
- The map notes are based on sea level barometric pressure. There are several compensation tables that adjust your boost target for your altitude and temperature. ( IAT comp & Barometric WGDC tables) So with that said the boost target and WGDC table is compensated for your elevation and temps. So the TD boost error is based off of these compensations and your TD boost error should be +/-1 PSI from about 3400 RPM up under WOT so you might want to try the HWG map and see if your TD boost error gets closer to that parameter.
snoopy_sti is offline   Reply With Quote