Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #51
Samurai Jack
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21145
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Not in my own time
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

Default

Extremely cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluiten
- Final cost would be ~$650 for fiberglass or ~$950 for carbon fiber/kevlar.
I presume this is the cost for all four (4) flares?

For an '02 wagon, to do this w/Subaru sheet metal (not these flares), you would need:
Two (2) sedan front fenders
Two (2) sedan rear fenders
Two (2) sedan rear doors
One (1) sedan front bumper
One (1) sedan rear bumper

New bumper, paint, etc. = ~$1200 alone

Figure ~ $650 per fender - I don't know the cost of the doors

Save the cost of the rear fenders, doors, and bumper
Grafting, paint, etc. all the same

By comparison, very cost effective

If I had only seen this sooner
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Samurai Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #52
DB4777
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280978
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Do want!!!!!! Can't commit fully right now due to an impending mortgage but I will sub and commit as soon as I can.
DB4777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #53
erok81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300717
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

I think the original guy forgot about this thread. I'm going to pm the actual maker of these flares and see if he is even interested in doing this.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #54
erok81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300717
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

Well I talked to the guy who makes these and he said if we can still meet the stuff in the first post we'd be good. 8 people and a donor car.

So....let's start with the 04's everyone.

This is a pretty sweet deal. We just need enough people.

Last edited by erok81; 09-08-2013 at 09:34 PM.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #55
SMY
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 256505
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Satin White Pearl

Default

Make them for the 11-13 sedans they will sell like hotcakes

**** Ill sell them for you.

PLEASE
SMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #56
rubrduk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 126587
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sunlandia
Vehicle:
06 wagback...now
with more child seat!

Default

i'm in like Flynn...

put me down for an 06' wagon
rubrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #57
rubrduk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 126587
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sunlandia
Vehicle:
06 wagback...now
with more child seat!

Default

bump it
rubrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #58
Siphodyas
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 368131
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Indio, CA
Vehicle:
2004 STI
WRB

Default

Those pictures are making me want to get some for the sedan.
Siphodyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #59
k-dogg
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 115961
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Vehicle:
2005 STi Wagon
WR BLUE

Default

Bump. Any more interest? Lets get this going!
k-dogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #60
erok81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300717
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

I think i'm giving up. If you think about it this is borderline impossible. We are having trouble getting 4-6 people per category. Let alone a donor car for 2 weeks for each category.

I think I'm just going to go sedan fenders and then make the regular karton's fit. Even though I don't really like the look.

Either that or just learn how to make them and do my own.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #61
k-dogg
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 115961
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Vehicle:
2005 STi Wagon
WR BLUE

Default

Ya this is going to be really tough.

Perhaps we should all just get together and do the rears only if that is possible, that is the toughest one anyway. Like I said earlier, I can get my car there for as long as needed after October 6th. I am not the biggest fan of the look either, but at least you could sedan swap the front and get regular Karlton flares to work.
k-dogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #62
erok81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300717
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-dogg View Post
Ya this is going to be really tough.

Perhaps we should all just get together and do the rears only if that is possible, that is the toughest one anyway. Like I said earlier, I can get my car there for as long as needed after October 6th. I am not the biggest fan of the look either, but at least you could sedan swap the front and get regular Karlton flares to work.
Good point. How much difference is there between the rear throughout the years? I know the current flares only fit 05's but can be made to work with the other years. But that would even be fine with me. As long as they are close the current ones when using them on different years.

So now if we don't do the fronts, we now have two committed people (you and me) and a donor '05.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #63
k-dogg
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 115961
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Vehicle:
2005 STi Wagon
WR BLUE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post
Good point. How much difference is there between the rear throughout the years? I know the current flares only fit 05's but can be made to work with the other years. But that would even be fine with me. As long as they are close the current ones when using them on different years.

So now if we don't do the fronts, we now have two committed people (you and me) and a donor '05.
I don't think there is very much difference at all between the years, I would think they would all match up pretty well. We would possibly have to make the rear a little wider to match up with the front as it would be further out with the sedan fenders though.

Not sure what you mean with the current flares only fit 05's. Karlton currently makes sedan ones for 02/03, 04/05, and 06/07.
k-dogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #64
erok81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300717
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

Oh maybe I was reading a thread where someone had an 04 and tried to fit the 05's and they didn't work.

I'll get back with the guy that makes these and pitch this new option.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #65
k-dogg
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 115961
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Vehicle:
2005 STi Wagon
WR BLUE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post
Oh maybe I was reading a thread where someone had an 04 and tried to fit the 05's and they didn't work.

I'll get back with the guy that makes these and pitch this new option.
I think I know what you are talking about, there is a trim piece on the 05, so it is a little different than the 04 I believe.

Sweet. Let me know what he says.
k-dogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #66
MattyQ610
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 288729
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

Still Down for the 06, How we looking hawkeyes?
MattyQ610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #67
dbagmandk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 356483
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chico, Ca
Vehicle:
06 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default

Put me down for 06-07!
dbagmandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #68
erok81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300717
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

!!!UPDATED LIST HERE!!!

Okay, since the original guy doesn't seem to be posting here, I'm going to start a new list. Each section will need a donor car and 6 people at least. So far it looks like 05 is the only we have a donor for. Since k-dogg is willing to donate the 05, I'm willing to throw in 50 bucks for his time. Not much, but that's all I'm doing.

After looking at my car again, I really don't want sedan fenders. Let's see what we can do with the full wagon set for now. How much different are the other years? People make other car flares work on Subaru's so maybe the 05 flares might be able to be made to fit on the other years without many mods. That might up being out only option at the end. We'll see how it goes though.

And on that note; the original post says 1-1.5" flares to fit 265's. I think we should try for the same width the normal Karton's are. Skinny is lame.

Onto the list:

02-03:
1. Donor Car:
2. kirshnerd
3.
4.
5.
6.

04-05
1. Donor Car:k-dogg
2. erok81
3. Twistyaction
4. ddavisgt
5. Hold_Fast
6. LoganG1K

06-07
1. Donor Car:
2. MattyQ610
3. dbagmandk
4. rubrduk
5.
6.

I'm only adding people that have expressed interest this month. If you want to get added, let me know. Same rules and prices apply that are in the first post.

I really wish I knew someone that had a set of sedan flares that I could test fit to see how far off they really are. At first glance the front one looks like the angles would be all jacked up on a wagon fender.

Last edited by erok81; 10-09-2013 at 11:15 AM.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #69
davidmullis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328461
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: St. Louis
Vehicle:
2002 Sti Swapped WRX
PSM

Default

there are a handfull of cars that have modded sedan rears to fit the wagon body it's definitely do-able
davidmullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #70
k-dogg
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 115961
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Vehicle:
2005 STi Wagon
WR BLUE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post
Since k-dogg is willing to donate the 05, I'm willing to throw in 50 bucks for his time. Not much, but that's all I'm doing.

After looking at my car again, I really don't want sedan fenders. Let's see what we can do with the full wagon set for now. How much different are the other years? People make other car flares work on Subaru's so maybe the 05 flares might be able to be made to fit on the other years without many mods. That might up being out only option at the end. We'll see how it goes though.

And on that note; the original post says 1-1.5" flares to fit 265's. I think we should try for the same width the normal Karton's are. Skinny is lame.

I really wish I knew someone that had a set of sedan flares that I could test fit to see how far off they really are. At first glance the front one looks like the angles would be all jacked up on a wagon fender.
Appreciate that offer! Thanks.

I did PM the OP on this to see if he wanted to update it, seemed like there were quite a few 06/07 people.

I agree too that I really don't want to do the sedan fender swap, and would rather just be able to do these with existing body lines. I would also love to go as wide as the current sedan ones. I would like to fit at least 285's on mine.

It would be nice to see how the current ones mock up. There was a guy that said he got them for his 04 and said: "They are quite a bit off. They fit good all the way up to the bumper but then it's off. The sedan bumper is a completely different shape and longer than the wagon." I still would like to see a pic though.
k-dogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #71
rubrduk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 126587
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sunlandia
Vehicle:
06 wagback...now
with more child seat!

Default

add me to the 06-07 list


Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post
!!!UPDATED LIST HERE!!!

Okay, since the original guy doesn't seem to be posting here, I'm going to start a new list. Each section will need a donor car and 6 people at least. So far it looks like 05 is the only we have a donor for. Since k-dogg is willing to donate the 05, I'm willing to throw in 50 bucks for his time. Not much, but that's all I'm doing.

After looking at my car again, I really don't want sedan fenders. Let's see what we can do with the full wagon set for now. How much different are the other years? People make other car flares work on Subaru's so maybe the 05 flares might be able to be made to fit on the other years without many mods. That might up being out only option at the end. We'll see how it goes though.

And on that note; the original post says 1-1.5" flares to fit 265's. I think we should try for the same width the normal Karton's are. Skinny is lame.

Onto the list:

02-03:
1. Donor Car:
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

04-05
1. Donor Car:k-dogg
2. erok81
3.
4.
5.
6.

06-07
1. Donor Car:
2. MattyQ610
3. dbagmandk
4.
5.
6.

I'm only adding people that have expressed interest this month. If you want to get added, let me know. Same rules and prices apply that are in the first post.

I really wish I knew someone that had a set of sedan flares that I could test fit to see how far off they really are. At first glance the front one looks like the angles would be all jacked up on a wagon fender.
rubrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #72
erok81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300717
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
JBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-dogg View Post
Appreciate that offer! Thanks.

I did PM the OP on this to see if he wanted to update it, seemed like there were quite a few 06/07 people.

I agree too that I really don't want to do the sedan fender swap, and would rather just be able to do these with existing body lines. I would also love to go as wide as the current sedan ones. I would like to fit at least 285's on mine.

It would be nice to see how the current ones mock up. There was a guy that said he got them for his 04 and said: "They are quite a bit off. They fit good all the way up to the bumper but then it's off. The sedan bumper is a completely different shape and longer than the wagon." I still would like to see a pic though.
Same here. I am almost tempted to see if the shop that carries these will let me buy and return them (if they are no were near fitting) so I can see how far they are off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubrduk View Post
add me to the 06-07 list
Added.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #73
rubrduk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 126587
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sunlandia
Vehicle:
06 wagback...now
with more child seat!

Default

i'm in this to see flares exactly like the 2 cars pictured...i would like to rock 17x10's with a wide 265 (Z1 Star Spec, Nitto NT05, etc)

it's not about the hella flush look, it's about the hella functional race look...normal 1.5-2" performance drop with meats!!
rubrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #74
jhayesvw
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326502
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson AZ
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

oh man. That would be pretty awesome.
Too bad I dont have the money to use on these right now. I will keep my eyes on this thread though.
jhayesvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #75
pignoseSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100834
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fremont, CA
Vehicle:
2006 Subaru STI
Steel Grey Metallic

Default

Just fyi the flares would be basically the same as the sedan ones, but wagon specific. That would mean stock wagon fenders etc. Sedan flares right now are a bit over 2.5" wider per side, so expect that extra width on the wagons. It would be very similar to the blue wagon pictured earlier (those were 06 sti flares on the wagon)
pignoseSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you buy these hoses? Whoa!ShutItDown Newbies & FAQs 22 03-04-2010 08:24 PM
Spotted heaps of WRC products in Greek equivalent Home Depot. Would you buy these? Subaruman5 North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 16 08-31-2009 04:09 PM
Wagon Owners: Would You Buy A 27mm FSB? scoobydrew06 Brakes, Steering & Suspension 64 05-15-2008 10:41 AM
Mudflaps, would you buy these? phong Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 5 10-01-2004 07:42 PM
If these were made would you buy? stentorian Interior & Exterior Modification 6 05-08-2002 03:23 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.