Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #126
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurass View Post
There definitely a limitation, but it's acceptable.

A bonus is that the bluetooth works much better, it picks up the call right away.
With the stock headunit, it would pick up the call, radio would come back on, then go back to the call. So it would take 3 seconds for you to start talking.
i never noticed that problem with my CP624U1, but i really haven't used BT lately as my amp makes the incoming call volume way too loud and i can't adjust that setting.

is that adjustable on this model?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #127
Guzzi 1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338666
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northeast Ohio
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
CP635U1 is the one with the SAT button and plug on the back

edit: i see above where someone got the CM631UD with the plug, but I didn't think that was supposed to be there on that model.
You are correct. It would appear that early releases of this model still had the connector on the back and later ones do not. Strange thing is that there is not a different revision number on the HU. I knew that it did not have SAT regardless of the connector being there or not. The ability to use a USB and stream from the phone makes the SAT much less important to me than in the past. I have plenty of music to listen to as it is.

I installed it tonight too.

John
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #128
runningchicken
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 193555
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Anybody want to trade their SAT capable unit for my non SAT capable? I will pay the shipping on your end if you live out of state.
runningchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #129
burnurass
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176557
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi 1 View Post
You are correct. It would appear that early releases of this model still had the connector on the back and later ones do not. Strange thing is that there is not a different revision number on the HU. I knew that it did not have SAT regardless of the connector being there or not. The ability to use a USB and stream from the phone makes the SAT much less important to me than in the past. I have plenty of music to listen to as it is.

I installed it tonight too.

John
If it has the plug, but no SAT button, it's still compatible with SAT (That's how mine is now). You just have to flip through the source menus with the mode button on the steering wheel controller. It's annoying, but doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningchicken View Post
Anybody want to trade their SAT capable unit for my non SAT capable? I will pay the shipping on your end if you live out of state.
I would like to trade with someone that HAS the sat button
burnurass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #130
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Wow, this radio since so much better than the other more basic version. Glad I finally found one!

Not sure how to disable the eq though, I can't seem to find that hidden me edit: figured out, there are 3 hidden menu groups

Last edited by flyboy1100; 02-16-2013 at 06:09 PM.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #131
tsuru_ser
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342404
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento
Default

Do you need to have SAT radio for this to work on the WRX. I have a 2013 with the underseat sub.
tsuru_ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #132
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Anyone know what resolution is actually required to get the screen saver to work w/o the unit cropping it? I can't seem to find what the actual display resolution is anywhere
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #133
Guzzi 1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338666
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northeast Ohio
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurass View Post
If it has the plug, but no SAT button, it's still compatible with SAT (That's how mine is now). You just have to flip through the source menus with the mode button on the steering wheel controller. It's annoying, but doable.



I would like to trade with someone that HAS the sat button
Mine has neither the sat button or the plug in the back. Build date is August 2012 on the HU.

John
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #134
08BlackWRXCT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225296
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

I just got a CP635U1 online for $80 shipped! Super psyched at that price! Hopefully it is what it said it was....
08BlackWRXCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #135
Guzzi 1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338666
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northeast Ohio
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
Anyone know what resolution is actually required to get the screen saver to work w/o the unit cropping it? I can't seem to find what the actual display resolution is anywhere
Bump.

I was wondering the same thing. Only thing I could think of would be trial and error. Resize a copy of an image until it fits properly.

John
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #136
burnurass
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 176557
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BlackWRXCT View Post
I just got a CP635U1 online for $80 shipped! Super psyched at that price! Hopefully it is what it said it was....
Do you have a link?
burnurass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #137
08BlackWRXCT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225296
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurass View Post

Do you have a link?
I just searched on car-parts.com
08BlackWRXCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #138
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BlackWRXCT View Post
I just got a CP635U1 online for $80 shipped! Super psyched at that price! Hopefully it is what it said it was....
That's a steal! Mine was 375
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #139
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi 1 View Post

Bump.

I was wondering the same thing. Only thing I could think of would be trial and error. Resize a copy of an image until it fits properly.

John
I made 10 different sizes to try, all the standard 16:9, and a few non standard, but it is a blizzard and I'm not going outside now, maybe later
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #140
08BlackWRXCT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225296
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post

That's a steal! Mine was 375
Yeah I know...I couldn't believe it...let's see if its the right one...he confirmed it was that part number on the front so we will see...
08BlackWRXCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #141
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

There're a few for sale on that site. Mostly the ones without the Sat function. I offered $85 for one so hopefully I get it. I don't care for sat radio.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #142
08BlackWRXCT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225296
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
There're a few for sale on that site. Mostly the ones without the Sat function. I offered $85 for one so hopefully I get it. I don't care for sat radio.
Yeah I wanted the SAT option...I love having it all built in
08BlackWRXCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #143
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BlackWRXCT View Post

Yeah I wanted the SAT option...I love having it all built in
Same here. Way too much time and frustration getting that installed to skip it. It isn't even an option on impreza's anymore unless you get nav
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #144
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

I tried 10 different resolutions today, none of them fully filled the screen. Well try more non standard resolutions tomorrow
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #145
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Anyone know if it is possible to turn down the default hands free volume when placing a call? I would like to set it to 3, rather than 6
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #146
Tylahh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347517
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SLO, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Pearl White

Default

Woah, thanks for this idea. Been looking for a head unit, but didn't want to lose functionality of the steering wheel controls. This would be a great upgrade.
Tylahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #147
Guzzi 1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338666
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northeast Ohio
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
Anyone know if it is possible to turn down the default hands free volume when placing a call? I would like to set it to 3, rather than 6
Don't you simply turn down the volume while on the call? I thought if you turned it down it would use that setting after that. Also, using the button next to it to adjust the mic gain.

I have changed my volume but I guess I haven't paid much attention to weather it restored to its original position. (I really thought it was staying where I set it.)

John
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #148
Guzzi 1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338666
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northeast Ohio
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BlackWRXCT View Post
Yeah I wanted the SAT option...I love having it all built in
Truth be told, me too. I have been an XM subscriber almost since they began. However, with the ability to load up USB drives, it is less important to me. Accessing those songs is much easier with the new HU than it was with the old one, being able to pull up album titles and scroll through to select them from the screen. (I had to keep flipping through on the HU that came in the car until I got to what I was searching for.) With thousands of songs at my finger tips, SAT radio is not nearly as big a deal to me as I originally thought. I still have it going in my work truck and also the Garmin GPS I use on the bike, (BT into helmet speakers). I really can't stand commercial radio, commercials and talk with an occasional song, sheesh.

IIRC, by gaining SAT, you lose speed volume, and was it the reverse lead that is the other pin on the connector or something else? (I'd have to check the wiring charts that 96SVXdc has.) The SAT HU uses those two pins for a can-bus lead, which my car does not utilize. Oh well, gotta get going to work early, I'll look later.

John

John
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #149
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi 1 View Post

Don't you simply turn down the volume while on the call? I thought if you turned it down it would use that setting after that. Also, using the button next to it to adjust the mic gain.

I have changed my volume but I guess I haven't paid much attention to weather it restored to its original position. (I really thought it was staying where I set it.)

John
But I have an amp and the default level is too high/loud. I can lower the volume and I try before it distorts my speakers, but it doesn't seem possible as it will be that high the instant the ringing starts if I am placing the call.

The incoming call ring is completely different and I don't have issues with that.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #150
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi 1 View Post
Truth be told, me too. I have been an XM subscriber almost since they began. However, with the ability to load up USB drives, it is less important to me. Accessing those songs is much easier with the new HU than it was with the old one, being able to pull up album titles and scroll through to select them from the screen. (I had to keep flipping through on the HU that came in the car until I got to what I was searching for.) With thousands of songs at my finger tips, SAT radio is not nearly as big a deal to me as I originally thought. I still have it going in my work truck and also the Garmin GPS I use on the bike, (BT into helmet speakers). I really can't stand commercial radio, commercials and talk with an occasional song, sheesh.

IIRC, by gaining SAT, you lose speed volume, and was it the reverse lead that is the other pin on the connector or something else? (I'd have to check the wiring charts that 96SVXdc has.) The SAT HU uses those two pins for a can-bus lead, which my car does not utilize. Oh well, gotta get going to work early, I'll look later.

John

John
^ that. Though little LCD screen and HD radio are nice features to have I don't think they worth more than $100. For $300+ you realize you can get MUCH better HU out there with much better functionality. You can even find the OEM NAV unit for around $300-$350 around here sometime.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS : 04-07 STi Turboback with hardware/new OEM Subaru gasket SubeDooS SCIC Private Classifieds 1 04-14-2011 03:05 PM
FS : OEM Radios, LW Crank Pulley, Forester Armrest and Rims johnpaulm1208 Tri-State Area Private Classifieds 1 04-06-2011 10:32 PM
Default Brand new never been installed Cobb/Stoptech 332mm BBK for sale mug23 Suspension/Brakes/Handling 3 06-26-2008 12:35 PM
Problems installing 07 radio with aux input and sat radio tuner into an 04 WRX? ScoobyNubieToo! Car Audio, Video & Security 3 02-11-2008 08:26 AM
FS:NY EGT Guage, Rims/Tires 4x100, Rims 5x100, OEM Radio, Forester Tires singincanary Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 5 08-30-2005 08:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.