Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #751
WhiteBgeye02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224785
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: neenah
Vehicle:
2005 wrx-jdm207
i went black...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak00 View Post
I second this, and echo the age-old saying "you get what you pay for."
yes but for some that 50hp increase over the vf37 is a larger jump than they might have ever made and will keep them happy for a long time. the 1700 dollars Blouch wants for the dom1.5xtr is a bit steep and out of most peoples range.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WhiteBgeye02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #752
blakjak00
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225046
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Snohomish, WA
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

Default

Double post

Last edited by blakjak00; 06-27-2012 at 11:45 PM.
blakjak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #753
blakjak00
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225046
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Snohomish, WA
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

Default

PNP your stock VF37 and add meth.
blakjak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #754
mikeesingh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 30183
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Scoobyclinic U.K.
Vehicle:
1996 GC8 WRX
8.83@160mph, Blouch GT35

Default

i have a used 1.5XTR / SC42 Billet Twin Scroll Turbo for sale at $1350 shipped
and also have a used 16g XTR twinscroll with new cast housing also available

only selling as new car is is a 2.5 engine and will be upgrading to a dom2.5
mikeesingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #755
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 50586
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego N Oahu North Shore
Vehicle:
04 WRX
Flappy bird edition

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeesingh View Post
i have a used 1.5XTR / SC42 Billet Twin Scroll Turbo for sale at $1350 shipped
and also have a used 16g XTR twinscroll with new cast housing also available

only selling as new car is is a 2.5 engine and will be upgrading to a dom2.5
Dam where the hell were you two months ago
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #756
ppayer38
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 234407
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Smithfield, VA
Vehicle:
04 Self-tooned
STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeesingh
i have a used 1.5XTR / SC42 Billet Twin Scroll Turbo for sale at $1350 shipped
and also have a used 16g XTR twinscroll with new cast housing also available

only selling as new car is is a 2.5 engine and will be upgrading to a dom2.5
I want the 16g XTR haha
Now could you take some measurment on the hotside for me?

Need the bolt spacing for the uppipe to see if the setup I'm looking at will work...
ppayer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #757
Vlad
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 46135
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Sti V9 Spec C

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeesingh View Post
i have a used 1.5XTR / SC42 Billet Twin Scroll Turbo for sale at $1350 shipped
and also have a used 16g XTR twinscroll with new cast housing also available

only selling as new car is is a 2.5 engine and will be upgrading to a dom2.5
So the old car was a 2.0 and you ran the 16g twinscroll XTR on it?

Would you mind sharing some info, as far as how soon did it spool and what kind of numbers it made?

Edit:
You posted that you did 317 WHP/403 CHP, in third gear, with 93RON+ Meth, which has to be a bit better than 93 US pump (AKI), since you were running 25PSI.
You did this in February, with intake temperature being 45F (7C) and had it fully spooled by 3700, according to your graph. You probably made something like 350 WFtlb of torque, judging by your crank dyno output sheet, on a dynamics dyno.

At 60F, which I consider the reference intake temp (my choice, nobody is obligated to accept it), I think you would have spooled 100 RPM later.

So, in a twinscroll, this 16g XTR TS with standard conditions (gear, intake temp, US pump fuel) is probably spooled at 3800 RPM, it does 340-350 Wftlb and probably 315-320 WHP.
Not bad, and very similar with my journal bearing 16g twinscroll.
I'm going to try to overlay the graphs with mine, to look at the boost threshold/progress, which is where the ballbearing really shows its advantage.

Last edited by Vlad; 06-29-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #758
tintnsound
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301593
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Perkasie, Pa
Vehicle:
2002 WRX EJ207 V8

Default

Here's the updated numbers from my Version 8 EJ207 with PNP Blouch twin scroll 1.5XT-R 10 cm, 2.4" intake - track tune. 365 WHP 328 WTQ 93 octane

KS Tech 73 mm CAI
TMIC
Stock headers
Perrin intake hoses
DW850




Powerdyne

Blue is without AVCS at 17lbs of boost
RED is with AVCS and 20lbs of boost

Last edited by tintnsound; 06-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
tintnsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #759
mikeesingh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 30183
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Scoobyclinic U.K.
Vehicle:
1996 GC8 WRX
8.83@160mph, Blouch GT35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad

So the old car was a 2.0 and you ran the 16g twinscroll XTR on it?

Would you mind sharing some info, as far as how soon did it spool and what kind of numbers it made?

Edit:
You posted that you did 317 WHP/403 CHP, in third gear, with 93RON+ Meth, which has to be a bit better than 93 US pump (AKI), since you were running 25PSI.
You did this in February, with intake temperature being 45F (7C) and had it fully spooled by 3700, according to your graph. You probably made something like 350 WFtlb of torque, judging by your crank dyno output sheet, on a dynamics dyno.

At 60F, which I consider the reference intake temp (my choice, nobody is obligated to accept it), I think you would have spooled 100 RPM later.

So, in a twinscroll, this 16g XTR TS with standard conditions (gear, intake temp, US pump fuel) is probably spooled at 3800 RPM, it does 340-350 Wftlb and probably 315-320 WHP.
Not bad, and very similar with my journal bearing 16g twinscroll.
I'm going to try to overlay the graphs with mine, to look at the boost threshold/progress, which is where the ballbearing really shows its advantage.
Yes 2.0, my 16gxtr was with bigger turbine but still hit 1 bar at 2600rpm and full boost by 3000rpm. Preferred it to the bigger 1.5xtr
mikeesingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #760
mikeesingh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 30183
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Scoobyclinic U.K.
Vehicle:
1996 GC8 WRX
8.83@160mph, Blouch GT35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppayer38

I want the 16g XTR haha
Now could you take some measurment on the hotside for me?

Need the bolt spacing for the uppipe to see if the setup I'm looking at will work...
Will measure tomorrow and pm you
mikeesingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #761
JDwhiteWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 190502
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Sydney, Australia
Vehicle:
2005 VF36 WRX

Default

We had a club dyno day today so I thought I'd share my graph, the blue line is a power run I did when the car was completely stock, red line is with my VF36 and supporting mods, fuel is Aussie pump 98.

The 2.0L motor is a fair bit different to what you guys get, it has AVCS, big port heads, very similar pistons to spec c, im running 20psi. Its a pretty low reading dyno too but you can see the difference over the old TD04. I ran a 12.7 @ 107mph in this car.

JDwhiteWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #762
SUBARIFFIC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 183647
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte NC
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintnsound
Here's the updated numbers from my Version 8 EJ207 with PNP Blouch twin scroll 1.5XT-R 10 cm, 2.4" intake - track tune. 365 WHP 328 WTQ 93 octane

KS Tech 73 mm CAI
TMIC
Stock headers
Perrin intake hoses
DW850

Powerdyne

Blue is without AVCS at 17lbs of boost
RED is with AVCS and 20lbs of boost
That's pretty good for a 2.0 liter I wonder what this thing would do on a 2.5
SUBARIFFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #763
nativo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 157
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Coamo, Puerto Rico
Vehicle:
1998 JDM STIv8 6sp
Rally Blue Pearl

Default

Well tintsound, unless anyone else comes with a better looking dynograph I think that Bouch PNP Twinscroll 1.5XT-R 10cm will be part of our Santa's list.

Anyone have a Blouch 2.0 on an STI v8?


Thanks,
nativo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #764
gordonbisby
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325858
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Man, too expensive.
gordonbisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #765
SUBARIFFIC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 183647
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte NC
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonbisby
Man, too expensive.
Hey you can always get a Kinugawa for $800 bucks that is a option just won't be able to have ball bearings and a billet wheel.
SUBARIFFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #766
Vlad
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 46135
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Sti V9 Spec C

Default

Kinugawa/kamak has started to have a billet option.
They also offer with it a turbine with reduced number of blades, like the VF42. Not made from TiAl though.
This model is a bit more expensive though.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #767
WhiteBgeye02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224785
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: neenah
Vehicle:
2005 wrx-jdm207
i went black...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Kinugawa/kamak has started to have a billet option.
They also offer with it a turbine with reduced number of blades, like the VF42. Not made from TiAl though.
This model is a bit more expensive though.
link? this sounds interesting. the blouch 1.5xtr is so tempting though.

as far as the guy that ran 12.7 @ 107mph in the 1/4. what kinda trans/drivetrain setup was that on? i ran that with my td04 on e85 and ej205 engine. 150k miles. 5mt ppg trans w/ launch control. I was looking to go like low 12's with the vf37 ej207 setup w/ same trans... think its possible? i am pretty decent drive and with speed density NLTS plus agressive LC and torsen front diff going into the ppg trans this weekend it should help hook up front better and decrease my 60' by .15 sec atleast
WhiteBgeye02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #768
JDwhiteWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 190502
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Sydney, Australia
Vehicle:
2005 VF36 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBgeye02 View Post
as far as the guy that ran 12.7 @ 107mph in the 1/4. what kinda trans/drivetrain setup was that on? i ran that with my td04 on e85 and ej205 engine. 150k miles. 5mt ppg trans w/ launch control. I was looking to go like low 12's with the vf37 ej207 setup w/ same trans... think its possible? i am pretty decent drive and with speed density NLTS plus agressive LC and torsen front diff going into the ppg trans this weekend it should help hook up front better and decrease my 60' by .15 sec atleast
Stock trans/drivetrain which is open front diff in a standard 5MT with VLSD rear diff and no launch control. My 60' was 1.79 for that run and it was my 2nd time at the drags, the car is mainly set up for time attack I just went along to see what kind of mph it run since I don't really trust dyno figures.

I think you could do it for sure with that setup.
JDwhiteWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #769
Vlad
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 46135
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Sti V9 Spec C

Default

Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #770
SUBARIFFIC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 183647
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte NC
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WR Blue

Default

That KAMAK would me nice for a 2.0 but 300-400 crank is a little soft for a 2.5... Especially mine being built and all. What we need is a 50lb or 52lb twin scroll stock location
SUBARIFFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #771
Moore Performance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 231489
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Default

Here's an update on the stock location products were ready to release. Here's a pic of the final production design for our V2 header and stock location TS uppipe (one of 6 uppipe options). It fits perfect with the JDM TS bracket and the downpipe is a pre-production model. The first was our prototype, but this one will be more representative of what we'll have to offer, except it will be cnc mandrel bent in one piece. We also have custom gaskets that allow for a truly divided dp flange like you see here. We will also offer both a catted and a plumb back option for the 2" wastegate dump tube. This setup sounds amazing though and it's even more intriguing b/c it was just installed on a forester.





Moore Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #772
Hyper
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15822
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MOCKBA
Vehicle:
1999 WRB GM6
2.12cc V9 Type RA

Default

I just finished putting my new motor together, was running 2.12 with SC46 and now I am on a closed deck 257 w/207 heads and SC46
still breaking in the motor and have to fix slipping clutch but all I can say is WOW.... the car is ALWAYS in power, no matter what gear or RPM you are in

as soon as I fix the clutch I will put it on the dyno, I expect a heck of a torque curve

some teasers



Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #773
bugeye sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186691
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: ct
Vehicle:
2011 sti
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore Performance
Here's an update on the stock location products were ready to release. Here's a pic of the final production design for our V2 header and stock location TS uppipe (one of 6 uppipe options). It fits perfect with the JDM TS bracket and the downpipe is a pre-production model. The first was our prototype, but this one will be more representative of what we'll have to offer, except it will be cnc mandrel bent in one piece. We also have custom gaskets that allow for a truly divided dp flange like you see here. We will also offer both a catted and a plumb back option for the 2" wastegate dump tube. This setup sounds amazing though and it's even more intriguing b/c it was just installed on a forester.
I know this is the 2.0L section but how well would this work on on the 2.5L?
bugeye sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #774
Moore Performance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 231489
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye sti View Post
I know this is the 2.0L section but how well would this work on on the 2.5L?
Well, the Forester is a single avcs 2.5 liter running an sti top mount so we'll have that answer for you shortly. I'll post results after we get the car on the dyno.
Moore Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #775
SUBARIFFIC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 183647
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte NC
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore Performance
Here's an update on the stock location products were ready to release. Here's a pic of the final production design for our V2 header and stock location TS uppipe (one of 6 uppipe options). It fits perfect with the JDM TS bracket and the downpipe is a pre-production model. The first was our prototype, but this one will be more representative of what we'll have to offer, except it will be cnc mandrel bent in one piece. We also have custom gaskets that allow for a truly divided dp flange like you see here. We will also offer both a catted and a plumb back option for the 2" wastegate dump tube. This setup sounds amazing though and it's even more intriguing b/c it was just installed on a forester.
What are the 6 different Uppie options so we as customers can get an idea what turbos we can mount up to this bad boy
SUBARIFFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VF37 Twin Scroll Turbo and New Tomei Twin Scroll headers/Up pipe arco SCIC Private Classifieds 11 10-22-2010 02:09 AM
VF37 Twin Scroll Turbo and New Tomei Twin Scroll headers/Up pipe arco Engine/Power/Exhaust 9 10-02-2009 02:04 PM
twin scroll turbo with dual ball bearing options pjhe Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo) 25 12-14-2006 10:40 PM
DP options for twin scroll turbo? John2.5RS Subaru Conversions 7 08-24-2006 01:14 AM
Anyone running a stock evo twin scroll turbo on a wrx? mcu81 Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 15 02-10-2006 12:29 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.