Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
renosubby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STI 10.8@ 129
www.Mayhemtuning.com

Default Road tune 2006 STI PTE 6776

Event: Road Tune
Location: Closed Road
Ambient Temp: 65*
Elevation: 4500ft
Weather: Warm
Track and Conditions:flat road
Tires: 255/35 18 Nitto 555

Car: 2006 STI
Tuner: Me
Dyno Info: Airboy
Transmission: Stock 6 speed
Gear: 4th
Peak HP at RPM: 441WHP
Peak Torque at RPM: 384WTQ
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: my sti: 216WHP/222 WTQ
Target Boost: 26 PSI
Target AFR: 11.3
Fuel: 91
I'm going to need a better fuel setup, My IDC are at 105%
Engine:
2.6 Liter Darton Sleeved Block
CP 102 mm Pistons
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
JDM 12mm Oil Pump
ARP Head Studs, Main Block Bolts and Rod bolts
ACL Main and Rod Bearings
Covert Oil Pick up Line
Port and Polished head with bowl blends
BC 280 cams (already had them)
BC Springs and TI Retainers
Ported intake manifold
TGV Deletes
Battery Relocation to Trunk
Torque Solutions Pitch mount and billet motor mounts

Performance Mods:
PTE DBB 6776 Vband with .63 AR
Custom Intercooler and piping with 3.5" blow thru
GT Spec header with 3 bolt up pipe With 38mm tial EWG
Full TBE with Blitz Nur Spec CBE
Five O 1200 CC injectors
DW 300+ Fuel Pump


Pic of the car
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
renosubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
STi Mikey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114631
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TheShopCT / EFI LOGICS
Vehicle:
2009 GTR, 735whp
13' Benz, 15' WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by renosubby View Post
Event: Road Tune
Location: Closed Road
Ambient Temp: 65*
Elevation: 4500ft
Weather: Warm
Track and Conditions:flat road
Tires: 255/35 18 Nitto 555

Car: 2006 STI
Tuner: Me
Dyno Info: Airboy
Transmission: Stock 6 speed
Gear: 4th
Peak HP at RPM: 441WHP
Peak Torque at RPM: 384WTQ
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: my sti: 216WHP/222 WTQ
Target Boost: 26 PSI
Target AFR: 11.3
Fuel: 91
I'm going to need a better fuel setup, My IDC are at 105%
Engine:
2.6 Liter Darton Sleeved Block
CP 102 mm Pistons
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
JDM 12mm Oil Pump
ARP Head Studs, Main Block Bolts and Rod bolts
ACL Main and Rod Bearings
Covert Oil Pick up Line
Port and Polished head with bowl blends
BC 280 cams (already had them)
BC Springs and TI Retainers
Ported intake manifold
TGV Deletes
Battery Relocation to Trunk
Torque Solutions Pitch mount and billet motor mounts

Performance Mods:
PTE DBB 6776 Vband with .63 AR
Custom Intercooler and piping with 3.5" blow thru
GT Spec header with 3 bolt up pipe With 38mm tial EWG
Full TBE with Blitz Nur Spec CBE
Five O 1200 CC injectors
DW 300+ Fuel Pump


Pic of the car



Congrats man, thats a fast car. My car made 460 on race gas on the airboy and it was realllly fun. This should go 127mph in the 1/4 granted weight and driver.
STi Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Jamaal
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 135979
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STi
obp

Default

Sounds like a mean setup. Are you running on straight pump gas? Also sent you a pm about the blowthrough setup. Just a few q's about tuning it as I'm working on dialing in my setup.

Nice work!
Jamaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
renosubby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STI 10.8@ 129
www.Mayhemtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Mikey View Post
Congrats man, thats a fast car. My car made 460 on race gas on the airboy and it was realllly fun. This should go 127mph in the 1/4 granted weight and driver.
Thanks man! It's fun!
renosubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
WhatTurboLag?
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 243992
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Morton Grove, Illinois
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
WRB

Default

this thing will be even better once that fuel is fixed!!! a lot of my friends run this on their supras. they make over 700 on race gas!
WhatTurboLag? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
azn2nr
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35276
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i clone
438/420 whp

Default

no meth?
azn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #7
renosubby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STI 10.8@ 129
www.Mayhemtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn2nr View Post
no meth?
No meth. Straight 91 oct
renosubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #8
azn2nr
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35276
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i clone
438/420 whp

Default

wow. thats alot of power up top for a .63 housing and no meth.
azn2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:40 AM   #9
renosubby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STI 10.8@ 129
www.Mayhemtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn2nr View Post
wow. thats alot of power up top for a .63 housing and no meth.
Thanks man.
renosubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #10
Beetspeed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 166264
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Vehicle:
1974 VW 2.2 BW8475
396 WHP @ 25psi

Default

That PTE really has a T3 .63 turbine housing??
Beetspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #11
Irv Weissmanhowerton
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 278519
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Area P, Alliance Fab
Vehicle:
30r E85 STI K'biz
Phatbotti Tuning

Default

bump!

Last edited by Irv Weissmanhowerton; 01-06-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Irv Weissmanhowerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
az_sti_04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 239732
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson
Vehicle:
2004 Sti
PSM

Default

how do you like the five O injectors? i was thinking of picking up the 1200s
az_sti_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #13
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: I sell platinum cat jewelry.co
Default

Looks nice, I wish more people had long term or any success at all with the stroked 2.5 though; displacement sure is nice.
CatfaceType-R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Beetspeed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 166264
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Vehicle:
1974 VW 2.2 BW8475
396 WHP @ 25psi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bblackongold View Post
Looks nice, I wish more people had long term or any success at all with the stroked 2.5 though; displacement sure is nice.
It doen't say stroked though. If I understand correctly, the extra displacement comes from the larger 102mm bore alone.
Beetspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
renosubby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STI 10.8@ 129
www.Mayhemtuning.com

Default

Love the 1200. Easy to tune. I did find a gasket had blown out so. I will be doing another pull after I fix it.
renosubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #16
Ohhey1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 260297
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2006 STI White
HTA Green Methanol

Default

I want your hood what is it?!
Ohhey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #17
renosubby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STI 10.8@ 129
www.Mayhemtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhey1 View Post
I want your hood what is it?!
Seibon, it was all CF but I had it painted
renosubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
rexblake
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 178426
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: FoCo
Vehicle:
2010 Audi S4
Black

Default

That's quick and should be a hell of a csr when you get your fuel system sorted. That's some serious power on straight 91 octane at altitude. That is one big ass turbo though, I am looking forward to you cranking the boost! Nice setup.
rexblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #19
OVeRBOOSTn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 192514
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TURBOTRIX Racing
Vehicle:
04 STi PTE6765
10.1@138mph / JR Tuned

Default

350whp at 5k =/ turbo is too big for a street car imo esp on a .63 back housing
OVeRBOOSTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
OVeRBOOSTn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 192514
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TURBOTRIX Racing
Vehicle:
04 STi PTE6765
10.1@138mph / JR Tuned

Default

either way bad azz car man!

-Stu
OVeRBOOSTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
renosubby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152576
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2006 STI 10.8@ 129
www.Mayhemtuning.com

Default

Agree, Im going down to a Billet 6265 with a .82 AR
renosubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #22
OVeRBOOSTn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 192514
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TURBOTRIX Racing
Vehicle:
04 STi PTE6765
10.1@138mph / JR Tuned

Default

great turbo i loved my 6262!
OVeRBOOSTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #23
mtcs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180640
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Montreal, Canada
Vehicle:
2000 Drag RSTi
8.96 @ 163

Default

Very interesting build.

Im no expert, but I do have a few questions about your monster build.

Not sure why you're really wasting your time with 91 octane though. Put some ID2000s or FIC 2150s in there. Then throw some ethonol at that setup and you'll see those power numbers increase dramatically upwards of 900hp+ on a dynojet w/o meth. Only limitation that you're going to have on your current setup is the puny .63 on that turbo though. Not really sure why you chose that size. .82ar or 1.02ar would suite you a ton better. But it really all depends on what you plan to do with the car.

Reving uptop is going to be a problem with what mods you have on the car though. The JDM12mm pump will be your biggest issue getting those RPMs up high. Seen a lot of people blow their motors trying to rev with that pump. I might be wrong, but is it just the stock JDM 12mm? or do you have it pnp, spring changed and shimmed?

Another item you might want to replace sometime in the future is your BC 280 cams. BC makes garbage. The lobes on the BC280 cams are smaller than the Kelford/GSC 272 cams. Id go with a kelford 272 or GSC II. But once again, those cams wil shine if you have good valves in there. Are you running std valves? or oversized?
mtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #24
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcs View Post
Very interesting build.

Im no expert, but I do have a few questions about your monster build.

Not sure why you're really wasting your time with 91 octane though. Put some ID2000s or FIC 2150s in there. Then throw some ethonol at that setup and you'll see those power numbers increase dramatically upwards of 900hp+ on a dynojet w/o meth. Only limitation that you're going to have on your current setup is the puny .63 on that turbo though. Not really sure why you chose that size. .82ar or 1.02ar would suite you a ton better. But it really all depends on what you plan to do with the car.

Reving uptop is going to be a problem with what mods you have on the car though. The JDM12mm pump will be your biggest issue getting those RPMs up high. Seen a lot of people blow their motors trying to rev with that pump. I might be wrong, but is it just the stock JDM 12mm? or do you have it pnp, spring changed and shimmed?

Another item you might want to replace sometime in the future is your BC 280 cams. BC makes garbage. The lobes on the BC280 cams are smaller than the Kelford/GSC 272 cams. Id go with a kelford 272 or GSC II. But once again, those cams wil shine if you have good valves in there. Are you running std valves? or oversized?


When you run faster than this car: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2172377
Or have a faster car than Element Tuning record setting Time Attack race car: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2121068

You can spill all the nonsense you want
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #25
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: I sell platinum cat jewelry.co
Default

bc racing just got that horrible name from their "stroker" kits, but some worked...who know's, when machining is involved and multiple parties, it's hard to attest to, who came with the "crap"

the bc cams are proven to be good, while the $$$ cosworth's break in half ??? who knows?
CatfaceType-R is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The SHOP + JR TUNE 2006 STI + HTA86 9.7@144 !!! Junior2JZ Proven Power Bragging 188 07-26-2012 10:56 PM
FS/FT : NJ Precision Built and Tuned. 2006 STi 20g JohnST2k6k Tri-State Area Private Classifieds 4 10-26-2010 02:20 PM
Road Tune:Mayhem Tuning 2006 STI ATP 3076 renosubby Proven Power Bragging 12 05-20-2010 11:54 AM
Epic Motorsports tuned 2006 STi, Blouch Dom4 XTR, AR Fabrication Short Block Epic Motorsports Proven Power Bragging 16 05-16-2010 08:29 PM
The SHOP + JR TUNE 2006 STI + HTA86 goes 10.43 @ 135.86 Junior2JZ Proven Power Bragging 210 10-31-2009 05:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.