Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #51
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 91212
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu- View Post
I guess it'd be in coaxial 'mode,' it's convertible. Driver's side works like normal, but I haven't swapped them yet. Yes to OEM tweeters. Maybe a fuse popped, it started to rain so didn't get to check it out with a test light.
Are they running off of the HU or an amp? Did you try them with the door panel off? Did you try swapping the OEM stuff back in? Did you use the Metra wiring harness? Do the speakers have an external crossover?

We really need more info to be of any assistance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #52
Zulu-
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232213
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Asheville, NC
Default

Running off the HU (Pioneer AVIC-D3), tried them with the panel off, did not swap OEM stuff back in (but I did put the OEM tweeters back in the sail panel to check and they are not working), yes I used the METRA wiring harness for the HU and speakers and, no, the speakers have an internal crossover.
Zulu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #53
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 91212
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu- View Post
Running off the HU (Pioneer AVIC-D3), tried them with the panel off, did not swap OEM stuff back in (but I did put the OEM tweeters back in the sail panel to check and they are not working), yes I used the METRA wiring harness for the HU and speakers and, no, the speakers have an internal crossover.
Was the Pioneer installed and working prior to installing the speakers, or was this an all-at-one-time install?

Typically, the speakers would sound like crap if they were bad or mis-installed. Unless something happened to the amplifier section of the HU with you having the +/- shorted out...

Your best bet might be to try to go back and reconnect the OEM coax/midrange and see if it works.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #54
Zulu-
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232213
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Asheville, NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenryiv1 View Post
Was the Pioneer installed and working prior to installing the speakers, or was this an all-at-one-time install?

Typically, the speakers would sound like crap if they were bad or mis-installed. Unless something happened to the amplifier section of the HU with you having the +/- shorted out...

Your best bet might be to try to go back and reconnect the OEM coax/midrange and see if it works.
No, the Pioneer has been in for awhile. I thought about all that, gonna make some time Thursday to work on it. I'm going to go out now though and check for a blown fuse, curious that the sail panel tweeter would go as well. I'd hope the HU's amp is fine, though I'd think that would affect the other speakers as well. Unsure.
Zulu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #55
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 91212
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Post #11 edited to include some pics of the install in the rear of my '11.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #56
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 91212
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Periodic bump for visibility...
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #57
hoofhearted
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293554
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Just wanted to add something to watch out for when removing the door lock/window button trim piece. When you go to lift it if your no careful it will gouge(sp?) A mark into the door that can not be fixed. Learn from my mistake. Maybe put some blue painters tape in that area so it takes the friction and not the door its self.

Last edited by hoofhearted; 10-14-2011 at 03:00 PM.
hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #58
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 91212
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofhearted View Post
Just wanted to add something to watch out for when removing the door lock/window button trim piece. When you go to lift it if your no careful it will gouge(sp?) A mark into the door that can not be fixed. Learn from my mistake. Maybe put some blue painters tape in that area so it takes the friction and not the door its self.
Good point. I have the same marks on one of my doors and did not realize how I got them until I read your post.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #59
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

I installed a Headunit, all 4 speakers and a sub in mine this past weekened. The only part that went wrong is even though I was SUPER careful, I broke both the sail panels. The stupid clip would not come out the door. Even after I broke them I struggled with a pair of pliers trying to get that thing out. I figured, if I struggled with a pair of pliers then it wasnt the way I handled the sail panel, that bitch was not coming out no matter what!
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #60
phenryiv1
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 91212
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedRX View Post
I installed a Headunit, all 4 speakers and a sub in mine this past weekened. The only part that went wrong is even though I was SUPER careful, I broke both the sail panels. The stupid clip would not come out the door. Even after I broke them I struggled with a pair of pliers trying to get that thing out. I figured, if I struggled with a pair of pliers then it wasnt the way I handled the sail panel, that bitch was not coming out no matter what!
Was that on the rear? I had the same issue. I broke one of them and just decided to remove the lower pins on the other side and use a dowel rod to prop the panel away fromthe inner door skin with enough room to work on the passenger side.

Front was not an issue.
phenryiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #61
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenryiv1 View Post
Was that on the rear? I had the same issue. I broke one of them and just decided to remove the lower pins on the other side and use a dowel rod to prop the panel away fromthe inner door skin with enough room to work on the passenger side.

Front was not an issue.
yup, both rear sail panels. it pissed me off more because of how careful and how much time I was taking being patient to pull them off. Then SNAP! followed by a lot of cursing and stomping! lol, I crazy glued them back together knowing I will have to break them again if I take them off.
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #62
infinite012
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 74392
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 Forester
SWP

Default

New sail panels cost about $15 shipped each. Ask me how I know.
infinite012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #63
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012 View Post
New sail panels cost about $15 shipped each. Ask me how I know.
I dont feel so bad now.........
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #64
hoofhearted
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293554
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

I broke mine also.
hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #65
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

Sounds like they are a one time use then.........
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #66
Syrius78
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 267996
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Near Montréal, Québec
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Rallye blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012
New sail panels cost about $15 shipped each. Ask me how I know.
Mine broken too, where can I find it? Dealer does not answer my request.

I live in Canada

Thanks
Syrius78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #67
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrius78 View Post
Mine broken too, where can I find it? Dealer does not answer my request.

I live in Canada

Thanks
Damn, I wish I would of taken a picture of the part numbers when I had them off. If you still have yours just look for the part number on them, its molded on there. Just call a delaer and tell them you want to order 1 of each part number and you should be set.
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #68
Syrius78
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 267996
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Near Montréal, Québec
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Rallye blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedRX

Damn, I wish I would of taken a picture of the part numbers when I had them off. If you still have yours just look for the part number on them, its molded on there. Just call a delaer and tell them you want to order 1 of each part number and you should be set.
Yeah
That what I did and I'm still waiting. It's been two month Already. That why I searching for a online source
Syrius78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #69
gargleblaster
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 11107
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Rky Mtn High
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STi
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Subscribed. Thanks for the great info in this thread.
gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #70
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrius78 View Post
Yeah
That what I did and I'm still waiting. It's been two month Already. That why I searching for a online source
Put the part numbers in this thread detailing which one is the drivers and the passengers side. I will do some searching for you. It will help others also.
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #71
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

Found em:

https://www.subarupartsdepot.com/oem-subaru-parts.html

Pick 2011 Subaru WRX

and following the drop down menu on the picture I attached.

WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #72
Confucius37
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291094
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

Front Door -> Interior Trim -> Corner Cover $10.10

https://www.partswebsite.com/subarug...129&type=parts
Confucius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #73
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucius37 View Post
Front Door -> Interior Trim -> Corner Cover $10.10

https://www.partswebsite.com/subarug...129&type=parts
or this for the front.
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #74
skris35
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300089
Join Date: Nov 2011
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default Good info

I am looking into information into new speakers/head unit in my imperza 2.5i and this is very helpful. Thanks for sharing all your tips/tricks.
skris35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #75
WickedRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 298302
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Peoria
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
ISM

Default

If anyone is looking for front speakers that are VERY easy, I can confirm the Alpine SPS-610C and the tweeters are direct replacements. Just remove the tweeter out of the twist on housing Alpine provides and they fit like OEM in the sail panels, no cutting needed. I have the Alpine SPS-610 in the rear and they give absolutely zero clearance issues with 3/4 inch spacers.

Last edited by WickedRX; 11-05-2011 at 03:51 PM.
WickedRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
replacing factory speakers in my 04 wrx wagon brassmonkey Car Audio, Video & Security 4 09-13-2006 01:21 PM
Question for people who replaced door speakers? glock37 Car Audio, Video & Security 7 08-11-2004 08:16 AM
replacing the speakers in my legacy JonofScio Car Audio, Video & Security 2 02-20-2004 07:47 AM
Rear door speaker upgrade (03 wrx sedan) DEE-REX Car Audio, Video & Security 9 06-14-2003 10:06 PM
door speakers in 00 sedan soob2k Car Audio, Video & Security 2 02-17-2000 03:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.