Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
weathergrl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 96254
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
06 STI
WRB

Default SCCA Rallycross/Solo & Rally America Driver Christy Carlson enters Pikes Peak

I just wanted to share it with you all, I'm going up in what used to be James Wilson's old WRX (with a few new internals...) I hope that everyone will come out to cheer me on, its my first time up the mountain.

http://www.usacracing.com/ppihc/news_ppihc/4498.html

Colorado Springs, May 15--------A famed and familiar face to racing fans is returning to the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on June 26 and another crack at the mountain. Also coming as a rookie is a woman who learned to drive fast chasing storms in rural Nebraska.

Stephan Verdier, the French RallyCross star and two-time Pikes Peak rally class winner, has entered the Time Attack 4WD field with his 2011 Subaru Impreza WRK STI 123 for the 89th running of the Race To The Clouds.
Verdier won the Rally Class on the Peak in 2005, the last time he came to Colorado Springs, driving a Subaru WRX to the title in a time of 12:17.6.
The 42-year-old Long Beach resident has been involved with racing since he was 17 in France. He’s a top Formula Drift star and has competed in the X-Games in the SuperRally event. He’s also been a precision stunt driver for commercials and movies during his sparkling career, as well as a professional skier.
Verdier will be up against Time Attack 4WD vet David Kern of Centennial, Colorado, who was third last year and second in 2008.
The division also will include two rookies who will get attention. Spain’s Carlos Martinez De Campos brings a 2005 Subaru STi to the Time Attack 4WD division. In October, he was 17th overall in the famed Carrera Panamericana in Mexico.

Christy Carlson, a 30-year-old driver from Papillion, Nebraska, will pilot her 2002 Subaru WRX in the field in her first try on the Peak. She’s a meteorologist and storm chaser, whose passion for severe weather and climate studies led to a Bachelor’s in Meteorology/Climatology from the University of Nebraska, then on to getting a Masters in Professional Meteorology from the University of Oklahoma.
The SCCA solo and Rally cross driver learned how to drive fast chasing tornadoes and is currently working full-time for the Air Force Weather Agency and pursuing a Ph.D. in Meteorology/Climatology through the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, which began in 1916, is America’s second oldest motor sports race behind the Indy 500. The race is staged on a 12.42 mile course with 156 turns. It begins at 9,390 feet and ends at the famous mountain’s 14,110 foot summit above Colorado Springs.
A featured event along with the race, is the popular “Fan Fest,” which takes place on Friday evening, June 24, in downtown Colorado Springs, with more than 30,000 fans on hand to meet the competitors, see the autos and motorcycles, and enjoy music, food and entertainment.
Ticket prices begin at $40.00, with a Family Four-Pack available at $125.00 and VIP admission priced at $80.00. Tickets, limited camping permits and all other race information is available at www.ppihc.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by weathergrl; 05-15-2011 at 02:41 PM.
weathergrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
JamesWilson2
ForumWars Winner!

Member#: 196948
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2003 Forester
Silver

Like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JamesWilson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
TKimmell
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 274270
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i
Regal Blue Pearl

ill be there to cheer you on, Pikes Peak is my back yard!
TKimmell is offline   Reply With Quote