Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 2, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #276
xabre1200
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259591
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Vehicle:
2011 WRX sedan
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek2011wrx View Post
Not bad. I'm probably gonna go with the 38mm in the next cpl months or so
Yeah it sounds so sick. Keep us updated on what you do
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xabre1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #277
hyprsti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292750
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 2011 Sti Stage 2 question

New to the game, I have the Cobb SF intake and Stage1 tune on 2011 Sti. Is there a problem or is it worth it to just add a catted DP and move to Stage2 tune? I don't want to do the CBE because I want it quiet.

Opinions/real world experiences are appreciated
hyprsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #278
fl4tpower
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282664
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Yorktown, Virginia
Vehicle:
2011 STi ltd Stage 2
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprsti
New to the game, I have the Cobb SF intake and Stage1 tune on 2011 Sti. Is there a problem or is it worth it to just add a catted DP and move to Stage2 tune? I don't want to do the CBE because I want it quiet.

Opinions/real world experiences are appreciated
Plenty of "quiet" exhausts out there. I went from stage one to stage two with a divorced catted DP and full TBE. I love it. Completely different feel on my '11 STi. Stage one is very nice and will keep you somewhat closer to factory specs. It's all what you want to do about warranty and what you're looking for power wise. Remember to build for a purpose!! I have Perrin headers, uppipe, and full TBE and you can't hear me idle at lights, but when I get on it pulls crazy hard and isn't obnoxiously loud exhaust wise. Shopping around and finding different options to YOUR liking will work for you!!
fl4tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #279
hyprsti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292750
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl4tpower View Post
Plenty of "quiet" exhausts out there. I went from stage one to stage two with a divorced catted DP and full TBE. I love it. Completely different feel on my '11 STi. Stage one is very nice and will keep you somewhat closer to factory specs. It's all what you want to do about warranty and what you're looking for power wise. Remember to build for a purpose!! I have Perrin headers, uppipe, and full TBE and you can't hear me idle at lights, but when I get on it pulls crazy hard and isn't obnoxiously loud exhaust wise. Shopping around and finding different options to YOUR liking will work for you!!
Thanks for the reply, I figured I would get the CBE after winter here, but I had heard that there could be an issue just using the DP and stage2 tune without it.
hyprsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #280
fl4tpower
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282664
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Yorktown, Virginia
Vehicle:
2011 STi ltd Stage 2
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprsti

Thanks for the reply, I figured I would get the CBE after winter here, but I had heard that there could be an issue just using the DP and stage2 tune without it.
I wouldn't recommend upping to stg 2 with just a DP. Almost all DPs whether catted or not flow at a much more efficient rate to allow your tune to get that hot exhaust out while maintaining safe operation of the turbine and waste gate. Having the DP upgraded to just flow into our little stock midpipe and mufflers would be no bueno on our turbo especially at higher boost levels. No sense really in upgrading the middle of the exhaust system just to step to stg 2 w/o other necessary mods.
fl4tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #281
xabre1200
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259591
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Vehicle:
2011 WRX sedan
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl4tpower View Post
I wouldn't recommend upping to stg 2 with just a DP. Almost all DPs whether catted or not flow at a much more efficient rate to allow your tune to get that hot exhaust out while maintaining safe operation of the turbine and waste gate. Having the DP upgraded to just flow into our little stock midpipe and mufflers would be no bueno on our turbo especially at higher boost levels. No sense really in upgrading the middle of the exhaust system just to step to stg 2 w/o other necessary mods.
What mods would you recommend getting if going stage2?
xabre1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #282
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl4tpower View Post
I wouldn't recommend upping to stg 2 with just a DP. Almost all DPs whether catted or not flow at a much more efficient rate to allow your tune to get that hot exhaust out while maintaining safe operation of the turbine and waste gate. Having the DP upgraded to just flow into our little stock midpipe and mufflers would be no bueno on our turbo especially at higher boost levels. No sense really in upgrading the middle of the exhaust system just to step to stg 2 w/o other necessary mods.
This is exactly what I'm running... while running Alaska Premium Octane of 90... I'll letcha know if anything happens.

Also, don't forget that the exhaust system is larger for the 2011 sedans than previous generations.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #283
fl4tpower
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282664
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Yorktown, Virginia
Vehicle:
2011 STi ltd Stage 2
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabre1200

What mods would you recommend getting if going stage2?
At minimum I'd get a TBE. Also since you are boosting more on stg 2, a inlet would be a nice add. If you want to take it all the way then add headers and an uppipe. Maybe others might be running stg 2 with no CBE, but I doubt it. Jmo : )
fl4tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #284
fl4tpower
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282664
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Yorktown, Virginia
Vehicle:
2011 STi ltd Stage 2
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik

This is exactly what I'm running... while running Alaska Premium Octane of 90... I'll letcha know if anything happens.

Also, don't forget that the exhaust system is larger for the 2011 sedans than previous generations.
Sweet action. I don't know about you but I love my set up right now. Just what I wanted. And you are correct good sir with our 11's have a step up stock exhaust then previous scoobs!
fl4tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #285
cricketlang
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 283151
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

Alright, I'm not gonna lie, I don't feel like flipping through all the pages here.

How do you guys feel about the 2011 WRX off the lot? I'm coming from an 04 STi and am just wondering what the general opinion is. I just went and test drove one and feel pretty good about it. I'll be riding the stock premium package with the SPT catback exhaust for a little bit before doing any upgrades.

Share your wisdom ol' great ones. Any big downsides I should know about? Things you don't like? Things you do?
cricketlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #286
derek2011wrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 282931
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Right now I'm running a Cobb sf intake, an invidia catless dp, perrin mid and y pipe, and a nameless axleback. It is outrageously loud and I love it, but its all about preference. If you want your car quiet you definitely need a cat and mufflers. I've got the car on the stage 2 tune and it has been running great. Gas mileage sucks but I can live with that. I also went with a forge recirulating valve because I don't trust the stock plastic one and I didn't want my car sounding too ricey. As for stock off the lot it was awesome but that wears off after a little while and youre gonna want to do upgrades. Warranty is also a big issue. If you want it to be honored then leave your upgrades to the basic. I don't really worry about my warranty so next up is headers, up-pipe, ewg, and bigger top mount. After that is turbo and fuel system then an engine build but again that is all personal preference. That's the beauty of these cars, they are fast stock and have incredible potential to become even faster with just basic upgrades. This is my third scoob and I will never buy another brand
derek2011wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #287
cricketlang
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 283151
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

I plan on eventually doing minor mods and capping off around a Cobb Stage 2. Unfortunately I won't have much money after buying to do the mods as I am getting ready to buy a house. I just want to know people's feelings on stock for a while. It felt pretty good.
cricketlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #288
k757
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 274785
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
Alright, I'm not gonna lie, I don't feel like flipping through all the pages here.

How do you guys feel about the 2011 WRX off the lot? I'm coming from an 04 STi and am just wondering what the general opinion is. I just went and test drove one and feel pretty good about it. I'll be riding the stock premium package with the SPT catback exhaust for a little bit before doing any upgrades.

Share your wisdom ol' great ones. Any big downsides I should know about? Things you don't like? Things you do?
The '11 WRX is a better riding car for daily driving than the '11 STI. If you want a track beast or plan to tune it, the STI is superior. I think I read someplace that the '11 WRX has a lot of the parts from the '10 STI in the handling area

I would recommend the STI rear sway bar upgrade which is a 3 mm thicker bar from the WRX bar. it makes a noticeable difference and the fit is 100% perfect. I also added GTSpec rear sway supports.

I get 25 mpg on average which consists of some interstate (above the speed limit of 65) and countryside cruising and small town driving. All interstate driving at regular speeds (3 over the limit of 65), I get 28-33 mpg with stock engine.

As for the SPT exhaust, I have an '11 WRX sedan and I would highly recommend the Nameless Performance exhaust for $300. Sure it's basically a pipe replacement for the muffler, but it sounds sweet. Here is my small Nameless video, it will give you an idea
k757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #289
derek2011wrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 282931
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Default

Yea I second that. The nameless axleback sounds great and its relatively cheap. That was actually the first thing i did to mine
derek2011wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #290
cricketlang
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 283151
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

Seems like the Nameless is a pretty popular upgrade. $300 isn't bad at all. I'd eventually like to do a full 3" catless but that's not bad sounding for 300 bones.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I'm hearing better general gas mileage as well which is pretty sweet seeing as my STi was a gas whore.

I think I may just have to get me one of these bad boys. I'm pretty excited now. ^_^
cricketlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #291
DrDustin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291410
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketlang
Seems like the Nameless is a pretty popular upgrade. $300 isn't bad at all. I'd eventually like to do a full 3" catless but that's not bad sounding for 300 bones.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I'm hearing better general gas mileage as well which is pretty sweet seeing as my STi was a gas whore.

I think I may just have to get me one of these bad boys. I'm pretty excited now. ^_^
I have been getting abt 22 mpg city and traffic driving but I also mash on the gas pedal a lot. I was leasing an 08 base model impreza for the last 3 yrs and finally upgraded to the WRX last month. I absolutely love it, it's about 4 billion times better than the base model and looks sweet too.
DrDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #292
4thwrx2011wagon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292360
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2011 wrx 5 door
DGM

Default

I picked up my '11 a couple weeks ago and am looking for advice. Has anyone done anything with the stock wheels to help them fill the wheel well a little better? Coilovers and new wheels are a ways out for me.
4thwrx2011wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #293
DrDustin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291410
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thwrx2011wagon
I picked up my '11 a couple weeks ago and am looking for advice. Has anyone done anything with the stock wheels to help them fill the wheel well a little better? Coilovers and new wheels are a ways out for me.
Come to Detroit in about 3 months and you can fill the wheel wells up with dirty slush and salt for free!

j/k. I have no idea how to make them look better.
DrDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #294
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thwrx2011wagon View Post
I picked up my '11 a couple weeks ago and am looking for advice. Has anyone done anything with the stock wheels to help them fill the wheel well a little better? Coilovers and new wheels are a ways out for me.
Guys on here have done spacers and Epic springs. They're not terribly expensive.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #295
shaggydog
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247390
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
'11 STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
This is exactly what I'm running... while running Alaska Premium Octane of 90... I'll letcha know if anything happens.

Also, don't forget that the exhaust system is larger for the 2011 sedans than previous generations.
WTF?! AK only has 90 octane? If i do end up moving there ill need a new tune before i leave this place. Sigh................
shaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #296
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Yup. Apparently years ago we had 92, but I wasn't driving then.

I'd recommend a de-tune for sure. Sorry.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #297
subiedave32
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274303
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Jose, CA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Black

Default

Anyone have a buzzing sound from the dash or under the hood when the key is in the acc/on position?
subiedave32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #298
DurtyB
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292699
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Barboursville VA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan DGM
Stg1+ SF

Default

Question for the lowered folks...how's the ride after the drop on stock struts? Much difference in Ride quality after? Thnx!
DurtyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #299
shaggydog
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247390
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
'11 STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiedave32 View Post
Anyone have a buzzing sound from the dash or under the hood when the key is in the acc/on position?
Its normal.
shaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #300
suhail
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293361
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Silver

Default

hey guys i picked up a 2011 hatch yesterday. Unfortunately it has the ugly bumper cover on the back, and i'm wondering if anyone knows if it is just held on with adhesive, or if it is screwed in somehow?

i want to be able to remove it, but i'm not sure how it is mounted on.
suhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Differences of 2011 wrx motor and 2011 sti motor stpkenton Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo) 3 03-06-2012 12:03 PM
Differences of 2011 wrx motor and 2011 sti motor stpkenton Newbies & FAQs 3 05-12-2011 10:27 PM
2011 Subaru shifter fitment! All TWM Shifters still fit! TWM Performance Vendor Announcements 14 02-28-2011 04:27 PM
iPod 3g DLO Jam Jacket (clear) and Radtech 3g Indigo Podsleev 10gb/15gb agentmaxwell Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 1 05-24-2006 08:41 PM
Attn: Clayton, Ben and all others involved in the 6MT discussion. sherifx Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 1 07-31-2002 04:00 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.