Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC > MWSOC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
Dodge Aries K
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (7)

Member#: 211842
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Lots of different
vehicles

Default IL: 1995 Legacy AWD wagon. 5 speed. $2100 obo

Up for sale is my buddy's 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon. It just hit 200,000 miles which is nothing for one of these cars. It's an extremely clean car for it's age and miles. He bought it a few years ago and it's been pretty much trouble free the whole time he's had it. He's taken really good care of it and it definitely shows. We added leather seats to it for extra comfort as well as Outback suspension to lift it, Outback Limited bumpers, and Outback Limited wheels to make it look nicer. We also added an Outback hood with the hoodscoop and a leather shifter knob. About a year ago we swapped out the hatch since it had rust spots with a rust free hatch. I recently put new spark plugs, wires, pcv valve, air filter, front and rear brake pads and rotors, and a low mileage used mass airflow sensor in it. It also had a Spec 2 racing clutch (firmer feel and longer life) installed with a new flywheel and throwout bearing, 4 new cv shafts, and a low mileage used rear o2 sensor installed. Previous owner told us he had the head gaskets replaced along with the timing belt, water pump, cam and crank seals, and the radiator. Overall it's been a very reliable car. A/C is ice cold, heat is super hot. All 4 power windows, power locks, and power mirrors work perfectly. Factory speakers with tweeters all work and sound good. Tape deck works properly. Windows on tailgate and rear cargo area were professionally tinted.

Overall, it's a very nice car. Apparently someone else thought so too and broke into the car to steal the CD player it used to have. They broke the center trim, one of the rear door windows, and bent up the front passenger door. I replaced the window they broke and all the trim they messed up with parts from my old parts car. I do have a purple front door with no damage if someone is inclined to get it painted to match and install it on the car that could be included. There's a picture of the damage below. Also, the exhaust rattles a bit on deceleration. We've taken it into the exhaust shop and were told it's just the heat shielding on the piping themselves. ABS light is on because the shop broke the driver side rear ABS sensor when changing the axleshafts in the back. With proper care, these early 2nd gen Legacy wagons will last 400K+ miles without major issues so it'll be a good car for a long time. We trust it to get us anywhere and have taken it on several long trips with no issues. He just needs to sell it due to the fact that he's in charge of moving his band's equipment again and the car just won't hold a few amps, drumkit, guitars, and so forth so he bought a Grand Voyager.

If you want to see it or for any questions, please don't hesitate to call or text me at 815-980-eight nine six zero and I'd be happy to answer any questions. My buddy works 6 days a week on the 2nd shift so he asked me to take care of selling it for him since he doesn't have time to show it. Thanks for looking!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dodge Aries K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Dodge Aries K
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (7)

Member#: 211842
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Lots of different
vehicles

sold!
Dodge Aries K is offline   Reply With Quote