Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #1551
BenT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 195836
Join Date: Nov 2008
Default

year: 04
model: WRX Sedan
wheel model: Rota DPT
wheel size/offset: 17x9 ET35 or ET42 ???
tire brand/model: Bridgestone RE760 Sport
tire size: 245/40/R17
suspension: 05 OEM STi w/ RCE Yellow springs (05+ STi hubs)
alignment: no camber
fender mods: rear fender inner ledges are cut down to about 1/4 inch
spacers: No

I basically don't know which offset to choose between 35 and 42 but want the widest stance possible without rubbing... please help!
thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #1552
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenT
year: 04
model: WRX Sedan
wheel model: Rota DPT
wheel size/offset: 17x9 ET35 or ET42 ???
tire brand/model: Bridgestone RE760 Sport
tire size: 245/40/R17
suspension: 05 OEM STi w/ RCE Yellow springs (05+ STi hubs)
alignment: no camber
fender mods: rear fender inner ledges are cut down to about 1/4 inch
spacers: No

I basically don't know which offset to choose between 35 and 42 but want the widest stance possible without rubbing... please help!
thanks!
+42 is better, but you still probably need to roll all around.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #1553
BenT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 195836
Join Date: Nov 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
+42 is better, but you still probably need to roll all around.
How much camber or tire stretch (if I go with a 235 or god forbid 225) are we talking about if I go with the 35 offset?
BenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #1554
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenT

How much camber or tire stretch (if I go with a 235 or god forbid 225) are we talking about if I go with the 35 offset?
Depends on what brand. Honestly, where the face of the wheel sits visually, it won't look a whole lot different.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #1555
Bobert540
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82281
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hershey,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
DGM

Default

Im possibly picking up a 13 wrx hatch. I have a set of RS 6 spokes with winter tires on them. Will they fit? I know bolt pattern is the same. They fit on my 06 wrx but just wanted to make sure offset. Was ok
Bobert540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #1556
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert540
Im possibly picking up a 13 wrx hatch. I have a set of RS 6 spokes with winter tires on them. Will they fit? I know bolt pattern is the same. They fit on my 06 wrx but just wanted to make sure offset. Was ok
They fit the GC. They fit the GD. Nothing major has changed in that regard. They will fit.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #1557
jaysh
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 133200
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited
SWP

Default

Model: 2006 STi
Wheel: Rota G-Force
Wheel size/offset: 18x8.5 +48
Tires: Hankook Ventus V12
tire size: 235/35/18
Suspension: Stock Struts with Eibach Pro Springs
Alignment: No Camber
Fenders: Would like to try and avoid Rolling.
spacers: No

Thanks.
jaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #1558
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysh View Post
Model: 2006 STi
Wheel: Rota G-Force
Wheel size/offset: 18x8.5 +48
Tires: Hankook Ventus V12
tire size: 235/35/18
Suspension: Stock Struts with Eibach Pro Springs
Alignment: No Camber
Fenders: Would like to try and avoid Rolling.
spacers: No

Thanks.
You should be ok. You'll want a 235/40 though.

And it's dangerous to run "no camber" or "0" camber. You NEED negative camber for ANY wheel setup. Not to mention just about all cars come with some negative camber from the factory.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #1559
Bobert540
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82281
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hershey,PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
They fit the GC. They fit the GD. Nothing major has changed in that regard. They will fit.
Perfect! thanks for the quick reply.
Bobert540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #1560
NRTmotorsports
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16517
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Weymouth, MA
Vehicle:
'13 BRZ

Default

I'm ready to buy a wheel/tire combo just need some quick advice. I have an '09 WRX and want a nice flush look with the fenders. Was looking to get 17x8 with either a +40 or +44, still unsure of tire size, was thinking 235/45 or possibly wider? As of right now I'm running stock ride height and will at most see an 1.5 inch drop on springs. Could someone help with with a size that wont require fender pull or any rubbing issues with a slight drop? Thanks everyone
NRTmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #1561
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

there is no such thing as flush without some form of fender modification.

that said, neither of those will be really "flush" in the way 99% of us use the term, but the +40 will probably be "flush enough" for you.

235/45 is a bit tall, try a 235/40.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #1562
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRTmotorsports View Post
I'm ready to buy a wheel/tire combo just need some quick advice. I have an '09 WRX and want a nice flush look with the fenders. Was looking to get 17x8 with either a +40 or +44, still unsure of tire size, was thinking 235/45 or possibly wider? As of right now I'm running stock ride height and will at most see an 1.5 inch drop on springs. Could someone help with with a size that wont require fender pull or any rubbing issues with a slight drop? Thanks everyone
The +40 offset is probably the best choice for a mild drop. I have enkei pf01's with 17x8+35offset with 245/45/17 but i wish i would have gone with 245/40/17 instead. I have koni's w/ Rce yellows (~1" drop) and it sits fairly flush and I have not rolled or pulled. Only time I have rubbed is with a full car and hard cornering occurred. Also what scooby4lyfe said lol. Hope this helps somewhat.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #1563
jorge0886
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269257
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 STI Limited
SWP

Default

2011 STI

I have the stock 245/45/18

and I'm going to a 225/50/17

How much is this going to affect my speedometer?
jorge0886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #1564
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge0886 View Post
2011 STI

I have the stock 245/45/18

and I'm going to a 225/50/17

How much is this going to affect my speedometer?
Google search tire size calculator. Goto the miata website. Enter in your current tire specs and it will tell you exactly. Your welcome
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #1565
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge0886 View Post
2011 STI

I have the stock 245/45/18

and I'm going to a 225/50/17

How much is this going to affect my speedometer?
your stock size is actually a 245/40/18.

Running the calculations, a 225/50/17 will be about 1/8th of an inch taller, which would be fine for me.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #1566
bicho_ojo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268847
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, Tx
Vehicle:
2005 35r'd STI
Aspen White

Default

I will be ordering a set of Work Emotion CR Kai's in 18x8.5 et 38 will these clear my brembos?
bicho_ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #1567
johnmkv
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300848
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
LR

Default

So outside of work emotions xd9 is there any other wheels with a similar amount of sopokes and a sweet lip like that? Problem with xd9 is that they are 10 inches wide i would like something in the 9.5 or 9 inch range with a lip similar to xd9 an ideas? Rota makes p1 but only in 8 in wide
johnmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #1568
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

The Rota DPT is a 10 spoke, but I don't know the sizes.

Last edited by flat4LGT; 12-07-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added name
flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #1569
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4LGT
The Rota DPT is a 10 spoke, but I don't know the sizes.
18x9.5 with offsets ranging from low 20's to 44. And a 18x8.5 too.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #1570
tee-tea
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328853
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver,BC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

Default

has anyone done 255/35/18 on a gc8? If so I wanna know what et, spacers, etc
tee-tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #1571
johnmkv
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300848
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
LR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post

18x9.5 with offsets ranging from low 20's to 44. And a 18x8.5 too.
No lip though im looking for something deep dish i guess would be the term but in 9.5
johnmkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #1572
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

So do you want the design or the lip?

The DPT is the closest in design, but you aren't going to find many "knockoffs" that have that kind of lip. Regardless of size or offset.
flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #1573
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmkv

No lip though im looking for something deep dish i guess would be the term but in 9.5
Check out Varrstoen, Miro, and XXR for budget wheels with a deep lip design.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #1574
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmkv
So outside of work emotions xd9 is there any other wheels with a similar amount of sopokes and a sweet lip like that? Problem with xd9 is that they are 10 inches wide i would like something in the 9.5 or 9 inch range with a lip similar to xd9 an ideas? Rota makes p1 but only in 8 in wide
The 9" xd9's have pretty similar lip (2.5" vs 3.5").
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #1575
xeiros
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 205411
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Moline, Illinois
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
Obsidian Black

Default

year: 2006
model: STI
wheel model: Motegi MR119
wheel size/offset: 18x8 +45
tire brand/model: BFG KDW2
tire size: 245/40/18
suspension: Stock
alignment:
fender mods: Wanting to avoid.
spacers: none


Basically wondering if this wheel and tire setup will work on my car without having to roll the fenders, or if the tires are going to be too wide. If I have to run the stock 225/40 on these rims then so be it, but I'd like to squeeze out what I can without having to worry about rolling the fenders.
xeiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the motorsport fitment thread: because race car! nhat Tire & Wheel 45 11-20-2011 03:21 PM
the official wheel/tire fitment thread: all fitment questions go here! nhat Tire & Wheel 1086 06-15-2011 01:02 AM
where did the wheel fitment chart go? PoopRSkupe Brakes, Steering & Suspension 0 01-26-2004 01:36 PM
A thread in the STi forum to keep it alive (because STi forum is closing) Eric SS Off-Topic 6 09-10-2003 03:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.