Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #1826
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post

???????
Searching. It helps. That's one of the most common 9" wheel/tire combos.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00by4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #1827
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon_war View Post

I am trying to do a 17x9 et38. On a 02 wagon what fender mods am I looking at with a 215/40
With that width/offset, that little tire will look gay as ****. Especially if you aren't fender on rim low.
sc00by4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #1828
wagon_war
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320092
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: PCB,Florida
Vehicle:
02 WRX WAGON
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post

With that width/offset, that little tire will look gay as ****. Especially if you aren't fender on rim low.
So 225/40 atleast for that width rim ? And expect rolling and/or a slight pull on my fenders? I'm going for a flush/stretched look???? But not trying to run a lot of negative camber

Last edited by wagon_war; 02-07-2013 at 07:13 PM.
wagon_war is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #1829
littlewhitewagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103068
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: PM me if I don't answer posts
Vehicle:
11 STI sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon_war View Post
So 225/40 atleast for that width rim ? And expect rolling and/or a slight pull on my fenders? I'm going for a flush/stretched look???? But not trying to run a lot of negative camber


I will first start by telling you that unless you know exactly what you are doing, you are going to go down a road you can't afford. Most tire shops won't even be able to mount a 215 on a 9" wheel.
littlewhitewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #1830
rymaggi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253442
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: El Dorado Hills / Folsom / Sac
Vehicle:
2006 V7 Sti 6speed
Built motor 20g // 446whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4LGT View Post

Yes, the 17x9 +42 will fit. Depending on how low you are, the 245/40s will not fit in the rear without a roll and pull. Depending on the amount of camber you run in the rear, you may have some inboard clearance issues especially with that wide and tall of a tire.
Thank you for the reply. Guy just sold his wheels. So now I'm looking at 18x8.75 +35 with 225/40/18.

Would like to be somewhat flush but not ass on ground flush. Fit with a roll. Or will I need that dreaded pull?
rymaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #1831
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

+35 you'll need a pretty substantial pull. For reference, my offset is +48 on an 8.5 and I only needed a roll. So you're almost a half inch further out on the offset with a slightly wider wheel. Pull will be necessary at least in the rear.

For reference here's how mine sits.
flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 AM   #1832
ProjectMonkey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340145
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DeKalb County
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

Default Side View

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4LGT View Post
+35 you'll need a pretty substantial pull. For reference, my offset is +48 on an 8.5 and I only needed a roll. So you're almost a half inch further out on the offset with a slightly wider wheel. Pull will be necessary at least in the rear.

For reference here's how mine sits.
By any chance you post a side view of you car!!! This can kinda help with the fitment you are explaining!! Thanks.
ProjectMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #1833
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

I'm not sure what you mean by "side" since that is the side view.

Here's a few rear views to give an idea of how the wheel fills out the arch.



flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #1834
wagon_war
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320092
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: PCB,Florida
Vehicle:
02 WRX WAGON
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewhitewagon View Post

I will first start by telling you that unless you know exactly what you are doing, you are going to go down a road you can't afford. Most tire shops won't even be able to mount a 215 on a 9" wheel.
I am researching and basing the setup I Think I want off fellow members cars. By asking on Diffrent setups I will know what to expect on pricing and fitment
wagon_war is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #1835
wagon_war
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320092
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: PCB,Florida
Vehicle:
02 WRX WAGON
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4LGT View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "side" since that is the side view.

Here's a few rear views to give an idea of how the wheel fills out the arch.
If I wanted more tire/wheel stretched out of the fender I would need to drop in offset????
wagon_war is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #1836
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

Yeah. You would need to go with a lower offset. Something into the +35-40 range would give a bit more poke. I'm also running -2* of camber in the rear otherwise it would be a little more flush.
flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #1837
wagon_war
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320092
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: PCB,Florida
Vehicle:
02 WRX WAGON
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4LGT View Post
Yeah. You would need to go with a lower offset. Something into the +35-40 range would give a bit more poke. I'm also running -2* of camber in the rear otherwise it would be a little more flush.
I expect to roll My fenders and a slight pull But Nothing far enough to distort My fenders I was thinking 17x9 et38 depending on allignment and ride height......how well do your 4pot brakes work over your stockers????? Just curious
wagon_war is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #1838
ode
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312864
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Hello!

Do you think this will work.

2004
WRX Wagon

Wheel Brand: BBS
Wheel Size: 19x8.5 +30
Tire Brand: ?
Tire Size: 235/35/19
Suspension: Bilstein Coilovers, Front+Rear Camber bolts
Fender Mods: Sedan front fenders
ode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #1839
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

Not even close
flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #1840
barrywrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146992
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: near canada,upstate ny
Vehicle:
2011 wrx
swp

Default

year: 2011
model:wrx
wheel model: Varrstoen es2
wheel size/offset: 18x8.5 + 38
tire brand/model: not sure yet
tire size: not sure
suspension: stock
alignment: None
fender mods: none
spacers: no

Will they fit?
barrywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #1841
rymaggi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253442
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: El Dorado Hills / Folsom / Sac
Vehicle:
2006 V7 Sti 6speed
Built motor 20g // 446whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ode View Post
Hello!

Do you think this will work.

2004
WRX Wagon

Wheel Brand: BBS
Wheel Size: 19x8.5 +30
Tire Brand: ?
Tire Size: 235/35/19
Suspension: Bilstein Coilovers, Front+Rear Camber bolts
Fender Mods: Sedan front fenders
Google rumble wagon. She did it. Looks great. I see wagons all the time with that wide of wheels. They look to fit nice. I'm sure a roll and pull in rear. With some good camber.

Only thing I don't get is, getting which tire size, with different variables ( different wheel widths with different offsets )

Last edited by rymaggi; 02-08-2013 at 08:02 PM.
rymaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #1842
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post
Google rumble wagon. She did it. Looks great. I see wagons all the time with that wide of wheels. They look to fit nice. I'm sure a roll and pull in rear. With some good camber.

Only thing I don't get is, getting which tire size, with different variables ( different wheel widths with different offsets )
rumble's fitment isn't what was posted.

19's might be a problem depending on height, but otherwise a roll all around should suffice.
sc00by4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #1843
ode
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312864
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
rumble's fitment isn't what was posted.

19's might be a problem depending on height, but otherwise a roll all around should suffice.
Its pretty close to rumble setup. The reson to go with this setup is because I have those wheels at home. And its good lightweight and also expensive set of wheels.
ode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #1844
chocolate
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296165
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

please follow this format:
year: 2002 - 2003 or 2006 - 2007
model: wrx
wheel model: bbs rc
wheel size/offset: et38
tire size: 225/40/18
suspension: stock
fender mods: no
spacers: no

I plan on buying a wrx in the near future and was wondering if these wheels would fit. They are from a Jetta Gli. I don't know if I will need cone lugs, whether the hub will match the rim or whether I will have clearance issues in the rear or front while turning. Anyone know what I will need? And/or which wrx year it would fit best 2002 or 2006? I also don't mind changing tire size if needed as long as it doesn't mess up mileage or suspension
chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #1845
Romp_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343207
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Default

year: 2013
model: wrx 5-door
wheel model: Rota G-Force
wheel size/offset: 18x9 / 5x100 / E35 / 73
tire size: 255/35/18 Hankook V12
suspension: stock
fender mods: no
spacers: no
Romp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #1846
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
please follow this format:
year: 2002 - 2003 or 2006 - 2007
model: wrx
wheel model: bbs rc
wheel size/offset: et38
tire size: 225/40/18
suspension: stock
fender mods: no
spacers: no

I plan on buying a wrx in the near future and was wondering if these wheels would fit. They are from a Jetta Gli. I don't know if I will need cone lugs, whether the hub will match the rim or whether I will have clearance issues in the rear or front while turning. Anyone know what I will need? And/or which wrx year it would fit best 2002 or 2006? I also don't mind changing tire size if needed as long as it doesn't mess up mileage or suspension
Jetta's use a different seat for the lugs (well they use studs actually). and you didn't post the actual sizes of the wheels.

just knowing they are coming off a VW, I'm going to venture to say they wont fit.
sc00by4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #1847
chocolate
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296165
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post

Jetta's use a different seat for the lugs (well they use studs actually). and you didn't post the actual sizes of the wheels.

just knowing they are coming off a VW, I'm going to venture to say they wont fit.
Thanks for the reply the wheels bolts are 5x100 and the size is 18x7.5. Looks like the hub core is 1mm bigger. Does anyone know where I can get a hub centric ring from 56.1 to 57.1? I cannot seem to find it online.

Last edited by chocolate; 02-09-2013 at 02:56 PM.
chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #1848
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate View Post

Thanks for the reply the wheels bolts are 5x100 and the size is 18x7.5. Looks like the hub core is 1mm bigger. Does anyone know where I can get a hub centric ring from 56.1 to 57.1? I cannot seem to find it online.
Yes....spacing is the same....but the lug seat is completely wrong.....

You still haven't told us sizes to know if they'll clear your brakes.

Slow down, before you buy the wrong parts.

And 1mm hub rings do not exist. Do you know how small that is?
sc00by4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #1849
fedex23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133204
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Eugene, OR
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR CGM
356hp/403tq... FTW tuned

Default

Deleted

Last edited by fedex23; 02-10-2013 at 06:29 AM.
fedex23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #1850
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

year: 2006
model:WRX Wagon
wheel model: Rota MXR
wheel size/offset: 18x9.5 + 38
tire brand/model: Kumho Ecsta XS
tire size: 245/35/18
suspension: BC BR Coils with only front camber plates
alignment: currently -1.75* front and -2* (natural) rear
fender mods: aggressive roll in the rear, no pull yet (but I know I'll have to)
spacers: no

My biggest question is the "how" of modifying the front fenders. How do I roll the fronts and what do I do about the fender liners. I've done a bit of searching around and all I can find is "I trimmed the fender liners" or "I removed them" but no one has set forth a "how to" so I was hoping someone here could put an end to that search for me.
flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the motorsport fitment thread: because race car! nhat Tire & Wheel 45 11-20-2011 03:21 PM
the official wheel/tire fitment thread: all fitment questions go here! nhat Tire & Wheel 1086 06-15-2011 01:02 AM
where did the wheel fitment chart go? PoopRSkupe Brakes, Steering & Suspension 0 01-26-2004 01:36 PM
A thread in the STi forum to keep it alive (because STi forum is closing) Eric SS Off-Topic 6 09-10-2003 03:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.