Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 4, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
kyleloz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274526
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Naples, FL
Vehicle:
2004 wrx sti

Default Launching

I would like some input to help lower my 0-60 mph time. I have a gt30r turbo, rated at 396 whp and 360 tq.

Here is the link:
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kyleloz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: charleston, sc
Vehicle:
2005 sti, 02 s2000
88 944 beater

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleloz21 View Post
I would like some input to help lower my 0-60 mph time. I have a gt30r turbo, rated at 396 whp and 360 tq.

Here is the link: ‪Wrx Sti 400 hp launch. Orgasm in passengers seat!‬‏ - YouTube
So you want us to help you learn to launch at stop lights?

First off this isn't the best forum for this. you may be better served in proven power bragging.

Second take it to the track.

Third and finally if you have a gt30r get the revs higher at launch
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
FellowTraveller
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 161570
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: St. John's Newfoundland Canada
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

PM a user on here named skywaffles, he will provide support and assistance on how to blast it.
FellowTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
kyleloz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274526
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Naples, FL
Vehicle:
2004 wrx sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
So you want us to help you learn to launch at stop lights?

First off this isn't the best forum for this. you may be better served in proven power bragging.

Second take it to the track.

Third and finally if you have a gt30r get the revs higher at launch

I live in the middle of nowhere of N.D. This street goes to an abandon farm about 5 miles down the road. I wouldnt jeopordize racing on city streets and get my car taken away. But ya Im going to be heading down to Fl where im regulary from, and going to 1/4 and 1/8 mile race track. Just needed some advice on how to better my time.
kyleloz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
kyleloz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274526
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Naples, FL
Vehicle:
2004 wrx sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowTraveller View Post
PM a user on here named skywaffles, he will provide support and assistance on how to blast it.

Thanks, I'll pm him and have him take a look.
kyleloz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: charleston, sc
Vehicle:
2005 sti, 02 s2000
88 944 beater

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleloz21 View Post
I live in the middle of nowhere of N.D. This street goes to an abandon farm about 5 miles down the road. I wouldnt jeopordize racing on city streets and get my car taken away. But ya Im going to be heading down to Fl where im regulary from, and going to 1/4 and 1/8 mile race track. Just needed some advice on how to better my time.
Cool , well I would definitely say that you need to keep the rpms a little higher at the launch. It seemed you were around 4k and once you launch it drops down below the range were the turbo will spool quickly

Like I said though the guys that frequent the PPB forum would probably be able to give you better advice as that's where the drag racers tend to hang out. In here we are mostly interested in the twisty parts.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
kyleloz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274526
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Naples, FL
Vehicle:
2004 wrx sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
Cool , well I would definitely say that you need to keep the rpms a little higher at the launch. It seemed you were around 4k and once you launch it drops down below the range were the turbo will spool quickly

Like I said though the guys that frequent the PPB forum would probably be able to give you better advice as that's where the drag racers tend to hang out. In here we are mostly interested in the twisty parts.
Lol. I wish I had the 2step, that way I can launch at the rev limiter. Would u say about 6k then with the size turbo I have?
kyleloz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: charleston, sc
Vehicle:
2005 sti, 02 s2000
88 944 beater

Default

No I'd say 5k is better. Easier on the drivetrain and when the rpms dip it will still be above 4k and in the boost.

Your launch in that video wasn't bad though IMO. Just out of curiousity have you measured your 0-60 time? I have about the same whp and have always wondered and don't want to take it to the strip.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
kyleloz21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274526
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Naples, FL
Vehicle:
2004 wrx sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
No I'd say 5k is better. Easier on the drivetrain and when the rpms dip it will still be above 4k and in the boost.

Your launch in that video wasn't bad though IMO. Just out of curiousity have you measured your 0-60 time? I have about the same whp and have always wondered and don't want to take it to the strip.
Ya I actually timed it by watching the video and using a stop watch. Out of 20 times it was between 3.8-4.3. so for an average its like 4.1 sec 0-60. That was with a lower rpm launch so if I could perfect it, I may be in the high 3 second range.
kyleloz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WRC STI launch vs stock STI launch sunnyniazi South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 6 01-27-2008 03:02 PM
SRT-4 launch > WRX launch srturbo Off-Topic 42 01-02-2007 11:22 PM
('93-'01) Subaru launches www.rally.Subaru.com Mike Smith Impreza Forum 5 05-11-2001 01:06 PM
('93-'01) houston we have a launch ! jclamon Impreza Forum 1 05-02-2001 08:09 PM
('93-'01) Launching with stock suspension, shocks, and rims = bad?? RSarte Impreza Forum 14 04-08-2001 10:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.