Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
jmustico4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 286625
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 wrx wagon
wrb

Default Data Log help

I'm having a weird misfire/hesitation going on with my car for about 3 weeks now. It started about 2 days after I did a timing belt change on my wrx. I've been told it could be as simple as a vacuum leak. But I dont really have any idea what to look for. Could someone tell me what parameters to select while I conduct some "data logs?" I have never used this feature of the AP, so I need all the advice I can get. How long should the logs be? Just floor it? I really have no clue? I appreciate any help you can provide.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jmustico4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Under what conditions are you feeling the hesitiation (throttle, RPM, etc.)? Is your check engine light on and if so, what codes are found?

The AccessPORT v2 has a default set of logging parameters selected that I would go ahead and start with. If you can do so safely, do a 3rd gear wide open throttle run from around 2000-2500 RPM to near redline (or as high as you can do safely).

I would also check your long-term fuel trims. Make sure that you have the latest firmware version for the AccessPORT (using the AccessPORT Manager software). If you've done a good bit of driving since you last reflashed a map, reset the ECU or disconnected the battery, check A/F Learning #1 A, B, C, D via the live monitor funciton on the AccessPORT and report back those values.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
jmustico4
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 wrx wagon
wrb

I updated the AP with the all the updates earlier today. The car has never had a check engine light illuminate, and every time I check for codes, there are none present. The car drives/accelerates as strong as ever, just a weird split second loss of power under partial acceleration and cruising. I'd say it occurs between 2500 and 3500 rpm with no significant pattern. Sometimes it will happen every 20/30 seconds, other times it will not do it for a few minutes. I disconnected the battery for 30 mins today while I was updating the AP and went driving after reflashing the ECU. It still feels like its doing it, but cant say for sure until I get on the highway tomorrow A.M. I will go do a couple 3rd gear pulls and get you the values for the A/F Learning #1 A, B, C, D. I will report back shortly.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

I would also get a log when the hesitation happens.

Bill
Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
jmustico4
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 wrx wagon
wrb

Did some quick pulls, man she feels unhealthy, hope you can tell me whatswrong. Also jotted those AF learning #'s down: 1A= 1.8%, 1B=0.0, 1C=0.4, 1D=0.0, and 1=0.0. Heres the pulls
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...FDb3c&hl=en_US
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap1lbjpH-yMNdGRzMjl2Yy14bWhZRHFJaFBWeU5Cdmc&hl=en_UShttps://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap1lbjpH-yMNdFJHbkdpY1FNVG9UM1F6SEI4UzR2emc&hl=en_US

I will take another log while on the highway tomorrow
Old 07-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Your log is a WOT run, but only up to 4300 RPM. If you can't get a WOT run to near redline in 3rd gear (because it is unsafe), try a 2nd gear run instead.

Highway driving isn't going to tell us much unless your hesitation occurs then. Besides the WOT log described above, you want to log only around when the hestitation occurs (instead of huge log where we would have to guess where the hesitation was). I would add "A/F Correction 1" to the logging set as well for the hesitation log.

Bill
Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
jmustico4
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 wrx wagon
wrb

Old 08-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #8