Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
View Poll Results: Which one
#26 Yellow Wax Paste 4 50.00%
Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
ayk1987
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 170182
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Stage 2
Blue

Default Meguiar #26 Yellow Wax Paste vs Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax

Anybody know the difference between the 2 other than one is liquid and the other is a paste? I've got a blue WRX and I want that deep rich wet look. I plan on claying, then apply Deep Crystal Cleaner since its a milder cleaner than Ultimate Compund. Then Deep Crystal Polish followed by one of the 2 waxes.

And yes I like to keep it all Meguair's
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ayk1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
SubieDugie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 119219
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
WR Blue

#26 Hi-Tech Paste Wax is a blend of silicones, advanced polymers, and specialty waxes blended with the finest grade yellow carnauba. It will last longer than a straight carnauba wax due to it being a blend of synthetic compounds and carnauba wax. It has no cleaners in it so using a paint cleaner to prep before applying it would help it bond to the paint better. If you are going to clay the paint and polish it as well before applying a wax then a paint cleansing product is not necessary and what just be working backwards in a sense.
The Deep Crystal Wax is just a liquid carnauba which I don't believe has any cleaners in it either. It will not last as long nor will it probably hold as deep a shine/gloss as the #26. I would test the two side-by-side to see if you can tell a difference and to see if one holds up longer than the other. I would bet that if you prep the paint the same way for both products, that the #26 will always out last the deep crystal wax as it has no synthetics added to keep it from breaking done in the elements. You can always use the DC wax as a topper over the #26 to give it a little loner life or to see if it adds any effect to the #26 that you like.
A lot of times liquid carnaubas do not create as deep a finish on darker paints as paste waxes do. And sometimes topping products can take away from the first wax/sealant applied. Always test a spot before doing the whole car.
It really gets done to what gives you a warm and fuzzy when you look at your paint. Have fun with it. But, please do realize that Meguiar's is not the end all in car care, especially when it comes to waxes/sealants. If you want a true show car line of waxes/sealants then you need to try out the Pinnacle and Wolfgang lines. On my WR Blue STi I used Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant and topped it with Pinnacle Signature Series (pure ivory carnauba) wax. The combo gave a deep wet finish and last for months. The carnauba that Meg's uses is yellow carnauba which is a step below ivory (basically). Meg's added silicones and polymers to their #26 to try and make it add up to synthetic wax, but adding silicones seems like a cheap attempt to me. If you want a true synthetic blend, show car wax, then look into Wolfgang Fuzion. It will truly give you the best of both worlds without having to try and layer products to achieve a depth and shine you want.
Hope this was helpful and didn't seem like I was bashing Meg's. They do what they do and it works for them and many others. I use some of there products but I don't think they have anything that I can't find elsewhere. Hope you figure out something that works for you and gives you the look you are going for.
SubieDugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
DeadlyRaceReplica
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 279801
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WR blue

If you want to stay with the Megs theme then the NXT tech wax paste would be a good option. It will outlast natural carnuba by a mile. Like SubiDugie said the natural nuba will break down faster in the elements and has to be done at least every month, depending on how much washing is done. I own a 2011 WRB WRX as well and SubieDugie has helped out alot when it comes to questions and tips on detailing. Now back to waxing, I prefer the look of the pure nuba myself and have no problem doing a full waxing every few weeks. In fact I just got done with my car again this weekend and I used Mothers pure nuba and the car looks HOT!

Washed with Mothers Carnuba Wash n Wax, Mother prewax cleaner, Mothers Nuba Paste. Prewax was applied with white LC pad and wax was applied with red LC pad all by hand.
DeadlyRaceReplica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
SubieDugie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 119219
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
WR Blue

Another thing that helps lock in the carnauba and really brings out the wet gloss is to mist it with plain water or a QD and buff it off. It also remove any micro particles that could be left from the wax and clarifies the surface. That 2011 looks sweet DRR!
SubieDugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
dakrat
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 272840
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2011 STI
DGM

#7 plus #26 ftw.
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
DeadlyRaceReplica
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 279801
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WR blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieDugie View Post
Another thing that helps lock in the carnauba and really brings out the wet gloss is to mist it with plain water or a QD and buff it off. It also remove any micro particles that could be left from the wax and clarifies the surface. That 2011 looks sweet DRR!
so what your saying is to mist the wax after it is applied then wipe off? If so I will have to give that a shot. Thanks again Shaun!
DeadlyRaceReplica is offline   Reply With Quote