Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday March 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Member#: 255776
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default hesitation when tapping gas, no boost reading on ap after inlet install

installed turbo inlet yesterday, did an ecu reset and took it for a test drive, car seemed to be running rich and hesitated if i'd tap the gas at a stop sign. got home and realized my brother didn't tighten down the bpv tightened it and reset the ecu again, took it out today and it did the same thing, didn't seem to be running rich though, but i'm getting no boost reading from my ap and the bpv faintly whistles if i build very little boost and let off the gas. the hesitation seems like it's gotten worse, i thought at first that it might be normal for it to do so after an ecu reset, but after 150+ miles, it's still doing it. i checked all the lines at the inlet and everything seems fine, no codes, inlet is tightened down on both ends, intercooler is tight, bpv is too now, i took off the intake and tapped some stuff out of it, it was tightened back down (aem intake). bpv tubes were reattached as well. i've got a data log, but i'm not sure how to post it here. the boost feature on the ap doesn't work, but the boost target and td boost error work fine.

mods:
aem cai
cnt catted dp
litespec ti exhaust
cobb ap
perrin turbo inlet

i'm protuned for everything except the inlet at the moment.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by drewvdw; 08-05-2011 at 06:47 PM.
drewvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
mikeis300
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 149526
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2002 aps dr65 hybrid
9.1x1 built block/heads

Pics of installed parts would be really helpful. If the maf housing has changed position, or location closer or farther from the turbo, or closer or farther from the filter then you need to scale your maf. Or adjust you throttle tippin inrichments. As for the boost not reading. Check the boost return tube from the bov back to the inlet. I use silicon on those to make a strong seal.

But really take some pics. It's hard to tell exactly what you have done with out a visual reference.
mikeis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

oh, i forgot to mention my mod list, and i'm tuned for it all, editing first post now

i'll get pics up in a little bit

Last edited by drewvdw; 08-05-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

ok, fixed it, i feel stupid, i checked the lines when i noticed the bpv was loose, but not since then, it turned out that 2 lines had come loose...thanks for trying to help!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
ok, fixed it, i feel stupid, i checked the lines when i noticed the bpv was loose, but not since then, it turned out that 2 lines had come loose...thanks for trying to help!
that was gonna be my next suggestion....check all the hoses/clamps for leaks/security
Uncle Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

unfortunately my bpv still whistles...is that an indication that it's on its way out?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Quote:
unfortunately my bpv still whistles...is that an indication that it's on its way out?
the gasket may have gone bad....
Uncle Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
Cartmans 03_Wagon
*** Banned ***

Member#: 222833
Vehicle:
. Guess who's
back. Back again.

Quote:
time to get a vta bov bro.
Cartmans 03_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmans 03_Wagon View Post
time to get a vta bov bro.
**** that ****. i'm not some newb that wants those kinds of bull**** mods. you've read some threads i've posted in about that ****, i'm not some ****ing kidiot. take that **** elsewhere.

and scotty, i made sure to inspect the gasket before i put it back on (of course i drove a few miles with the bpv loose) and it looked fine. i'll take a look to make sure i didn't damage it then. it had been doing it a little bit before the inlet install, but it seemed to get louder afterwards.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

checked the gasket, looks fine, i put a little oil on it now, so maybe that will help, if not, what else could it be?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
XanRules
Scooby Guru

Member#: 157348
Vehicle:
1996 JNCO Jorts
Stonewashed Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw
checked the gasket, looks fine, i put a little oil on it now, so maybe that will help, if not, what else could it be?
I'm not sure how good a visual check is.
If I were concerned about it I would get some permatex and reinforce the gasket area with it.
XanRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

xan, now that i think about it, the 08 wrx's have a different flange than the sti and wrx's and sti's of older years, it uses a rubber gasket instead of the traditional type...here's a link to the new style gasket: http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Suba...ubaru_WRX.html i'd think a visual inspection on a rubber gasket would be sufficient, no rips or tears or nicks or anything, looks brand new

edit:completely off topic, but i just saw the intro to jersey shore...snooki was commenting on how europe was the country with great britain, england, and italy in it...that was the biggest facepalm i've ever done...they represent the US on tv...oh dear lord...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
drewvdw
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

moved to 2.5...good call, should've done so in the first place, thanks whoever moved it!