Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default Bad Detailing company! UGH! :/ how to remove small ding?

Okay i got my car back from a auto exterior detail! I was very very disappointed!
It was indeed clean don't get me wrong but there were allot of over spray, and still had swirls and haze and surprisingly they gave me a new present on my mint OBP 2007 wrx sti, And that was a new small ding on the left drivers side door! Can some one help me on possible ways to remove this ding? its a little hail ding and since its OBP you can notice that within walking to the car and it bothers me ALLOT! Ughh never go to ZIEBARTS detailing! They SUCK!

Here is a pic:

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by LiveAloha; 08-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
smrtazn
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 71218
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Blue

Default

you can try to find a Paintless Dent Repair around you, but pictures are worth a thousand words. Make them responsible for the damage.
smrtazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtazn View Post
you can try to find a Paintless Dent Repair around you, but pictures are worth a thousand words. Make them responsible for the damage.
I'm working right now and can't get pictures, but as described its a hail like door ding. Use your imagination.
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

any ideas anyone?
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Euclid
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 41846
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake
Vehicle:
both 05 LGT, 08 STI
black and white

Default

Paintless dent repair, as was previously stated.
Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
2011WRXMT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 270426
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Belgrade Montana
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium
Satin Pearl White

Default

Make the place that did the detail pay to have the dent fixed. Did you let them know that they put a dent in it when you picked it up or did you get home then notice the dent?
2011WRXMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011WRXMT View Post
Make the place that did the detail pay to have the dent fixed. Did you let them know that they put a dent in it when you picked it up or did you get home then notice the dent?
Got home closed the door and was like "WTF" :/ i didn't let them know but sent a email right away.
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid View Post
Paintless dent repair, as was previously stated.
How? is it a service at a auto shop?
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
wood.matt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 279526
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
DGM

Default

I took my last car to a local detail place a few years ago. When I came to pick it up I noticed a dent right away that was never there before. They said nothing about it as they walked me around showing how "pretty" they made it, and I figured I was screwed because how could I prove that it wasn't there before I dropped it off. So when we went inside to pay I asked him if they were going to come clean about the dent figuring he would deny it. Instead, he got bright red and said it was an accident and his boss said not to say anything about it if I didn't call them out on it. They had a paintless dent removal guy try but it was too deep and creased. They agreed no questions asked for me to take it to the dealer body shop and have it filled and the door repainted. So my detail ended up costing them a couple hundred bucks. Apparently, they had the pressure washer trigger on and when they turned the water supply on to it no one was holding it, it flipped out and hit my door.

Just thought I would share a similar story, hopefully you can get them to own up to their mistake.
wood.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood.matt View Post
I took my last car to a local detail place a few years ago. When I came to pick it up I noticed a dent right away that was never there before. They said nothing about it as they walked me around showing how "pretty" they made it, and I figured I was screwed because how could I prove that it wasn't there before I dropped it off. So when we went inside to pay I asked him if they were going to come clean about the dent figuring he would deny it. Instead, he got bright red and said it was an accident and his boss said not to say anything about it if I didn't call them out on it. They had a paintless dent removal guy try but it was too deep and creased. They agreed no questions asked for me to take it to the dealer body shop and have it filled and the door repainted. So my detail ended up costing them a couple hundred bucks. Apparently, they had the pressure washer trigger on and when they turned the water supply on to it no one was holding it, it flipped out and hit my door.

Just thought I would share a similar story, hopefully you can get them to own up to their mistake.
Thanks but i didn't notice till i got home because my car was in the shade when i picked it up then drove off. After i got home i shut my door and the sun beaming down and noticed finally . I emailed them because they closed soon after...
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #11
jaegmeister
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236092
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 wrx full exhaus
vf48 aps big tmic nstuff

Default

Might be possible that the ding was less noticeable and already there before the detail. Maybe it happened right before you brought it in? On my car its hard to see some of the tiny dings when its dirty, and then after I do the occasional wash and wax, every little imperfection screams out at me.
jaegmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #12
SubieDugie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 119219
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VB, Va.
Vehicle:
2005 STi
WR Blue

Default

If they don't own up to it and get it fixed for you then google PDR-your city, and it should give you a list of PDR businesses. It shouldn't cost more than $50 a panel(not per dent).
BTW, what did you pay for at this detail shop, and how much did you pay? And what did they overspray on the car? Protectant?
SubieDugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #13
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieDugie View Post
If they don't own up to it and get it fixed for you then google PDR-your city, and it should give you a list of PDR businesses. It shouldn't cost more than $50 a panel(not per dent).
BTW, what did you pay for at this detail shop, and how much did you pay? And what did they overspray on the car? Protectant?
I paid 95 bucks for a lousy detailing! look at them its a worldwide company, its called Ziebarts.
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #14
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegmeister View Post
Might be possible that the ding was less noticeable and already there before the detail. Maybe it happened right before you brought it in? On my car its hard to see some of the tiny dings when its dirty, and then after I do the occasional wash and wax, every little imperfection screams out at me.
Nope there was no dent as to i would have noticed it as to i always drive it and its the drivers door that i can't miss
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
Kean
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 25187
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: So. CA
Vehicle:
'08 Foz Prem TGM
'10 Challenger R/T Blk

Default

....when it comes to detailing, you usually get what you pay for (and what you paid is not much). In fact, a colleague of mine recently paid $150 for what was supposed to be a full correction and detail of his white Tacoma. While the truck wasn't perfect he did keep it quite clean.

Anyhow, he had asked my opinion before he got the work done and I told him that was very cheap for the level of service that was being promised. ....I also told him the same thing: you usually get what you pay for and going this route could end up costing more since he will have to pay someone else to do it right if the first guy doesn't deliver. Sure enough, he didn't.

The initial results were to his satisfaction but the following week (when he washed his truck) he began to notice problems (ie. he didn't polish the roof or a/b/c pillars, he wetsanded a section of the hood and didn't correct the sanding marks, etc.). In fact, even though "I told him so", I offered to help him with the damage on the hood although I mentioned that we will need to be conservative with our approach considering we don't know how much paint that hack removed (and I don't have a PTG to measure it).

Personally, I would search your regional forums or a dedicated detailing forum like Autopia.org for a good, reputable PDR tech. Its JMO but I would not go back to those hacks to have the ding fixed nor to have them re-do the work. ....I would just suck it up at this point to make sure the dent gets fixed properly. Depending on the location, it may be ~$70 - $90. Just chalk it up as a lesson learned.
Kean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #16
scooby24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56414
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Olathe, KS
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT 5MT
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAloha View Post
I paid 95 bucks for a lousy detailing! look at them its a worldwide company, its called Ziebarts.
Well what did you expect for 95 bucks?

A good detail, by a good detailer isn't going to cut himself short because he knows he's worth it.

Expect $300+ for a detail that would involve paint correction. For 95 bucks I wouldn't expect more than a wash, claybar and hand wax.
scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby24 View Post
Well what did you expect for 95 bucks?

A good detail, by a good detailer isn't going to cut himself short because he knows he's worth it.

Expect $300+ for a detail that would involve paint correction. For 95 bucks I wouldn't expect more than a wash, claybar and hand wax.
well it was just the exterior nothing else, if i did the whole thing it would have been around 200
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

pictures are up
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
scooby24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56414
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Olathe, KS
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT 5MT
PSM

Default

PDR is only about 50 bucks a dent for most I've had removed, I'd just cut your losses.
scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #20
Spike13779
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 244076
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby24 View Post
PDR is only about 50 bucks a dent for most I've had removed, I'd just cut your losses.
It's not his fault it's there, he should not have to pay for a something he did not do. Call them out out and it make them fix it. The reason they have insurance is for stuff like this
Spike13779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
VanityDetailing
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 271077
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville, Floriduh
Vehicle:
1993 Legacy L, 1977
Mercury Monarch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAloha View Post
well it was just the exterior nothing else, if i did the whole thing it would have been around 200

That's still cheap. I'm on the "high-end" of pricing for Jacksonville, at $30/hour, but compared to the majority of "premium" detailers on Autopia.org, and even here on Nasioc, that's chump change. I know several who charge $75-100/hour.
VanityDetailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #22
j4k3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262126
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Vehicle:
O fo WRX
Really blue

Default

Why are you guys taking this off course?

It doesn't matter if he paid $10 or $10,000 for the detail, they shouldn't have dented his car no matter what. OP, don't get it fixed out of your own pocket. If they're a reputable company then they'll cover the repair.
j4k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4k3 View Post
Why are you guys taking this off course?

It doesn't matter if he paid $10 or $10,000 for the detail, they shouldn't have dented his car no matter what. OP, don't get it fixed out of your own pocket. If they're a reputable company then they'll cover the repair.
thanks man i will try i called them today and they said it was already there and tried to bull**** saying it was hidden? when i recently had a inspection done on this car when i bought it and the reported no dings at all. now i'm screwed because they won't man up.
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #24
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanityDetailing View Post
That's still cheap. I'm on the "high-end" of pricing for Jacksonville, at $30/hour, but compared to the majority of "premium" detailers on Autopia.org, and even here on Nasioc, that's chump change. I know several who charge $75-100/hour.
Oooook? and your point being? i really don't care how high detailing can be because i know there is high end detailing but im talking about just regular detailing from a auto shop. Not no fancy dinner take out crap.
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #25
LiveAloha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289286
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Fort Drum
Vehicle:
2007 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

I suggest everyone go on google and type watertown, NY ziebarts. And post bad reviews so they won't see anymore services from people lol DO IT
LiveAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is there a trick to this. how to remove your cam gears to get to you head bolds STEALTH-WRX Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 16 12-08-2010 04:50 PM
How to remove the blue inserts on the door and remove the speaker cover Dont Try To Run General Community 3 10-12-2010 09:03 PM
Rear ended - how to remove small scuff on bumper? lowkey Interior & Exterior Modification 5 07-28-2004 11:31 PM
Dry ice to remove small dents Rally Monkey Service & Maintenance 2 05-08-2003 02:55 PM
How to fix small impact dimples? Keshav General Forum Archive 12 07-24-2000 06:52 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.