Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday May 24, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
sdramsey24
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 306076
Default 2011 WRX LED done, map and license plate swap

Received my DiodeDynamics shipment today. They were out of the turn signal dual color (Amber/white) turn signals but I was still itching for some LED's.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/2...ru-wrx-led-kit

MAP lights: 2x31mm_SMF6R-map2 (red)

The swap is straight forward but the replacements were slightly larger (width) than stock. Fit was ok but I had to bend the socket clips a bit to make the new LED's fit.

They look awesome. Love the red vs stock.

DOme light: 1x31mm_SMF6R-dom1 (red)

This swap was also straight forward. The LED was also wider than the stock bulb. The figment here was less than optimal. I had to bend the socket clips here as well and honestly, I bet the LED will pop out at some point during hard driving. Not super happy with the fit

The light from the LED is awesome. It works as advertised.

Cargo Bay light: 1x194_HP5R-tnk2 (red)

Perfect fit. Easy swap.

Looks awesome!

License Plate lights: 2x194_SMD2W-lic1

Install is easy. The new LED's look great, cool white.

Summary: overall I'm pleased with the look. The LED's did what they advertised. My one complaint is figment on map and some LED's. Not a precise fit. Could be better.

I have cool white fogs to swap in this weekend: 2x9006_XP80W I can't wait. Should be great. I'm still planning on replacing front turn signals, backup lights and brake lights with Diode Dynamics products.

Shout out to reide181 for his great reviews and pics f DD products. His thread was my muse for starting the LED swap.
sdramsey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #2
slurredwords
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 402344
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
Stage 1+ SWP

One of my first mods. Love the color over the satin white pearl that now shines off the rear end at night time.
slurredwords is offline   Reply With Quote