Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #1276
turbodanny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303877
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West Allis
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer7fiddy

Well you brought it on yourself. When you want to check out an autox come on down. I'll be at every Milwaukee scca event this summer. I'm running an 05 STi in ASP.
I would really like to meet up this summer, i have minor plans for my car, nothing too crazy but would not mind getting a feel for what the car is capable of. Ive always done drag racing at GLD but look forward to exploring other options.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
turbodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #1277
Ssrsxss
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 254807
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wgn
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodanny View Post
I would really like to meet up this summer, i have minor plans for my car, nothing too crazy but would not mind getting a feel for what the car is capable of. Ive always done drag racing at GLD but look forward to exploring other options.
i read your earlier post and i'd been thinking. when you say bigger sway what size do you have?
Ssrsxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #1278
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Shoot me a pm when you're gonna come down. Bring a helmet and I may be able to get you a ride along.
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #1279
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssrsxss

i read your earlier post and i'd been thinking. when you say bigger sway what size do you have?
Probably way to big for street use.
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #1280
slinkyWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280483
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee,Wi
Vehicle:
03 Bugeye WRX
WRB

Default

^ now that is by opinion only.

what is too big for one person may not be for another. it depends on driving style on and off the track.

i for 1 will be autoX'ing my wrx this summer. my wrx has cobb sway bars front and rear. along with kartboy endlinks.
i but think it is not too much bar. more like just the right amount. keeps the understeer down and the tail controllable.

cant wait for spring.
slinkyWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #1281
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Let me rephrase that. To big for the spring rates that he has on the car. Yes to one person a 24mm bar may seem big and to another small. But if you don't have the proper spring rates to match the sway bars that doesn't matter.
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #1282
tsikows
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301353
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: green bay wisconsin
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WR Blue Pearl

Default

hey guys i got my catless bellmouth downpipe in today and plan to install it asap on my 03 rex. would you guys reccomend getting a tune as soon as i can or does it really not matter? can i drive it normaly without a tune?

how about a cel? will it do any harm to be catless and not get a cel fix?
tsikows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #1283
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsikows
hey guys i got my catless bellmouth downpipe in today and plan to install it asap on my 03 rex. would you guys reccomend getting a tune as soon as i can or does it really not matter? can i drive it normaly without a tune?

how about a cel? will it do any harm to be catless and not get a cel fix?
Have any other mods?
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #1284
tsikows
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301353
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: green bay wisconsin
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer7fiddy View Post
Have any other mods?

k&n typhoon
and
perrin intake pipe

thats it
tsikows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #1285
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Yep you'll need a tune.
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #1286
tsikows
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301353
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: green bay wisconsin
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer7fiddy View Post
Yep you'll need a tune.
even if im already tuned for the intake?
tsikows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #1287
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsikows
even if im already tuned for the intake?
Hmmm then idk. Most times you can run a downpipe safely but throw in the intake and it's screwed. So maybe you'll be ok.
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #1288
tsikows
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301353
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: green bay wisconsin
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer7fiddy View Post
Hmmm then idk. Most times you can run a downpipe safely but throw in the intake and it's screwed. So maybe you'll be ok.

ok thanks man
tsikows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #1289
turbodanny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303877
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West Allis
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer7fiddy View Post
Let me rephrase that. To big for the spring rates that he has on the car. Yes to one person a 24mm bar may seem big and to another small. But if you don't have the proper spring rates to match the sway bars that doesn't matter.
Rear bar is adjustable 22mm on the "softest" setting and the front is a 22mm as well on the "softest". I went with the adjustables with the intentions on running different springs that way i can compensate for spring rate and adjust bars accordingly to achieve the same feel i have now with my stock springs. I wouldnt exactly consider 22mm too large excluding the fact the 02-05 came with 17mm rear only, took some time to get used to a larger rear bar but aside from wet snow tires and excesive speeds on off ramps it was not a huge difference and controllable.
turbodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #1290
turbodanny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303877
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West Allis
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsikows View Post
even if im already tuned for the intake?
by intake do you mean short ram or "turbo inlet" if you stayed with the stock size inlet you wont have any issues, but if its the larger 3inch i believe it will cause issues and if you got a shortram as long as the maf is in the factory location and its a reputable company then you shouldnt have an issue but you will obviously want to get a tune with your new downpipe regardless. Do a quick search on here im sure people have asked the same question, i thought i heard its bad to drive around with a catless downpipe with no tune, well atleast under boost.
turbodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #1291
2gnt2wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123625
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waukesha, WI
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
wrb stg2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsikows View Post
even if im already tuned for the intake?
I think you will be ok on that end of the tune "Maf Scale". However now that you just made your exhaust more efficient you may run into some boost control issues. It is always a good idea to get your tune brushed up after doing anything to the engine.

I have heard that the 02-03's were ok to run a full exhaust without a tune. But I've never owned a bugeye and have never researched beyond just hearing about it.
2gnt2wrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #1292
TAJR02WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 260936
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin
Vehicle:
2002 4EAT VF48 Wagon
01G PSM

Default

If it were me, I would want a tune. Since honestly I couldnt afford anything to go majorly wrong with, not saying something would! But it would always bother me
TAJR02WRX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #1293
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodanny

Rear bar is adjustable 22mm on the "softest" setting and the front is a 22mm as well on the "softest". I went with the adjustables with the intentions on running different springs that way i can compensate for spring rate and adjust bars accordingly to achieve the same feel i have now with my stock springs. I wouldnt exactly consider 22mm too large excluding the fact the 02-05 came with 17mm rear only, took some time to get used to a larger rear bar but aside from wet snow tires and excesive speeds on off ramps it was not a huge difference and controllable.
What are your spring rates?
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #1294
Ssrsxss
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 254807
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wgn
WRB

Default

catless will throw a CEL. you'd need a tune or Cobb AP to eliminate that unless you had a physical fix. i believe that CEL would throw your car into limp mode? maybe not. if it did run I wouldn't want to run it to long and like people said. stay out of boost.
my 2 cents.

Talk to arson9 (Geoff) I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.
Ssrsxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #1295
turbodanny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303877
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West Allis
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer7fiddy View Post
What are your spring rates?
They are stock 2005 wrx springs, so from ive seen..
Fronts:163 Rears:119
turbodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #1296
tsikows
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301353
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: green bay wisconsin
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodanny View Post
by intake do you mean short ram or "turbo inlet" if you stayed with the stock size inlet you wont have any issues, but if its the larger 3inch i believe it will cause issues and if you got a shortram as long as the maf is in the factory location and its a reputable company then you shouldnt have an issue but you will obviously want to get a tune with your new downpipe regardless. Do a quick search on here im sure people have asked the same question, i thought i heard its bad to drive around with a catless downpipe with no tune, well atleast under boost.

i have the k&n typhoon short ram and a perrin tube. its the silicone one
tsikows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #1297
Bio248
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 223032
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee (West Allis), WI
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
CGM

Default

so now that i dont even have to worry about putting racelands back on my car, but im sick of the DF210s not being low/level enough for my taste...im looking back into coils again...

anyone want to cruise me around in their car for 10-15 minutes so i can get a feel for their coils? i really wish one of you guys went for the feal 441s, but i doubt you have. where are the BC guys at? don't want tein anything or anything that isn't double adjustable because ill blow the struts from running the car too low.

if i could find a way to drop the front another 1/2" on the springs i have now i dont think i would want to change anything. the reverse rake of lowering springs kills me.
Bio248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #1298
turbodanny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303877
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West Allis
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsikows View Post
i have the k&n typhoon short ram and a perrin tube. its the silicone one
regardless you have already been tuned for your intake and its not causing any drivability issues im assuming, But your concern is your downpipe and if you plan to put it on i would get it tuned as soon as possible, perhaps the same day or before you even drive it. Someone will chime in with first hand knowledge on why its truely needed that or search on the forum. do your research before you put it on.
turbodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #1299
gixxer7fiddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 203474
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Germantown, WI
Vehicle:
2005 STU STi #46
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodanny

They are stock 2005 wrx springs, so from ive seen..
Fronts:163 Rears:119
yea that's alot of bar for those springs. I'm running 672 lb fronts with 504 lb rears on my STi with a stock front bar and a 22mm rear bar.
gixxer7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #1300
turbodanny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303877
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West Allis
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer7fiddy View Post
yea that's alot of bar for those springs. I'm running 672 lb fronts with 504 lb rears on my STi with a stock front bar and a 22mm rear bar.
Yeah, i agree. Should work out decent when i go to different springs i would hope. Time will tell. Are you running coilovers?
turbodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official Hunting thread and Official Dog thread are right next to each other. camshaftprelube Off-Topic 17 10-22-2008 12:26 PM
The official every thread doesn't need to be official thread... CandyO Off-Topic 21 12-27-2007 12:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.