Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #151
zapco
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 17531
Vehicle:
04 STi

It seems that I have a 16 lb. package coming. 12 weeks to the day that Jonathan received it. Most likely a week in transit before it hits my doorstep but will be unable to inspect it until the end of the month due to presently being out of the country. Still never received any communication regarding completion or shipping. Keeping fingers crossed that workmanship, correct oil lines and gaskets are all correct.
I'll keep the community informed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
zapco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #152
moss
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (66)

Member#: 10197
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruuwrx View Post
I'm running their 18g that I bought to replace my Blouch 18g. I'm too disappointed to post results or discuss this any more. I waited for over a month with my car not running waiting on the turbo and I'm making less power now. F these guys, they treat their customers like crap.
Please don't get mad at me for being honest here. I really wanted everything to work out and i tried to stay positive. If you don't care about your customers enough to reply to emails and answer the phone then you don't deserve their money.
Quite a blanket statement considering that there's many factors that go into how much power you put out...

Does no one seem to think that these guys have grown faster than they've been able to handle ? Let's say this is a 2-3 man shop and those 2-3 men are rebuilding turbos, keeping track of inventory, orders, etc, etc...something has to sacrifice and unfortunately it seems like phone, email, and deadlines are.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #153
evildriver
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193825
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy spec.B

Totally agree moss, I'm guessing they are growing faster than expected. If they were a cable company the business model they are running would be "accepted". However, they don't have a monopoly on the market like cable companies do, despite their specialty being somewhat unique. The quality/craftsmanship/word of mouth will only get them so far before a lack of customer service sweeps their legs out from underneath them.

Going into this debacle my gut told me it would be an interesting experience. I'm disappointed that my original timeline didn't work out but I was never in a position where I needed a replacement turbo asap, which is why I was okay with the feedback I had read prior to ordering. Hopefully 6SS can learn from this most recent batch of orders and improve on their services.
evildriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #154
rallyweapon11
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 318306
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

As far as craftsmanship and quality go my turbo looked superb when I got it back. Unfortunately my motor has been garbage for some time so no results to back it up for a few months. I'm patiently awaiting to see how my rebuilt VF-39 performs.

On the other hand Jonathan replied to 90% of my emails within a day or 2. I have no complaints other than longer than advertised wait time.
rallyweapon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #155
evildriver
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 Legacy spec.B

Received my turbo last night, will upload pics shortly. Looks nice!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #156
Brown Ops
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 291770
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Java & satin black

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildriver View Post
Received my turbo last night, will upload pics shortly. Looks nice!
Congrats!
Brown Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #157
evildriver
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 Legacy spec.B

This is a rebuilt PnP'ed VF52 w/ extended tip 11-blade billet compressor wheel. Sent it to 6SS with a broken propellor shaft. They were able to reuse the turbine housing (luckily) and made this thing look almost like new again. Turbo received by 6SS on May 8 and I got it back on July 14 (original delivery was estimated to be the week of June 2nd). They forgot to send the nuts with the turbo and promised to send them out asap. Despite a lack of communication during the rebuild I'm still satisfied, as I wasn't really in a rush.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #158
zapco
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17531
Vehicle:
04 STi

Well I finally received my turbo on the 17th, 12 weeks and 3 days after Jonathan received it. I have to say that other than a small blemish on the ceramic coating of the hot side (most likely caused by the oil line rubbing during transit), it is utterly stunning. Everything on it looks to have been replaced, all fasteners, tubes and lines. Porting looks to be excellent (thanks Grimmspeed) It literally looks brand new. If it performs half as good as it looks I will be thoroughly satisfied. As has been said on numerous occasions, communication is severely lacking and one should never trust their estimated completion dates unless something changes but from what I see so far their work is stellar.
I will try to update once installed.
zapco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #159
nepbug
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 328631
Vehicle:
2008 FXT
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
As an update to my turbo...I finally got it on and tuned. Butt Dyno says amazing, but I need to get it on the dyno to see the results. About 500 miles on my 6SS rebuilt VF48.
Did you get on a dyno yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
nepbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:53 PM   #160
moss
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (66)

Member#: 10197
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepbug View Post
Did you get on a dyno yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Unfortunately not. My car has been at the body shop...since shortly after getting everything together, a whole bunch of tree branches decided to beat up my car.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote