Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 2, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
STI_FFY
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37519
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 STi JBP/Gold
Helix DP, SMC, Cobb AP

Default Does anyone need 50/50 Meth/Water mix in MD/DE/VA area?

I have 2 50 gallon drums of 50% methanol / 50% distilled water - no lubricants or anything added - that I have no need of anymore. FREE for the taking. PM me if your're interested in picking it up.
STI_FFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #2
C.murdick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 424879

My number is 2405281834
C.murdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #3
STI_FFY
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 STi JBP/Gold
Helix DP, SMC, Cobb AP

Bump - short fuse here, folks. If I don't see any interest soon - this stuff is off to the hazmat disposal company.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
STI_FFY
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 STi JBP/Gold
Helix DP, SMC, Cobb AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.murdick View Post
My number is 2405281834
I don't know if yours was a serious post or a troll. Your number does not work.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #5
Sonic Motor
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 220100

Wow seems like a pretty damn good deal. People are gonna miss out!
Sonic Motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:42 PM   #6
STI_FFY
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 STi JBP/Gold
Helix DP, SMC, Cobb AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Motor View Post
Wow seems like a pretty damn good deal. People are gonna miss out!
I think it's a shame, and all because I waited too long and now don't have time to "get the word out".

Somebody NEEDS this stuff.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
Subwebber8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 420553
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
07 Wrx
grey

It almost seems to good to be true.
Subwebber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
STI_FFY
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 STi JBP/Gold
Helix DP, SMC, Cobb AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subwebber8 View Post
It almost seems to good to be true.
Still available. Approximately 100 gallons of 50/50 methanol and distilled water in 2 55-gallon barrels and 2 5-gallon containers, with siphon pump that fits the barrels and A WHOLE CASE of Uplon lubricant additive to prevent pump corrosion. All FREE. Just come and pick it up - damnit! Don't make me haul this stuff all the way to PA in my rickety trailer. :-P

I have to have it out of here THIS WEEKEND. I go to settlement on the sale of this house on Monday.

Everything must go! Hurry!
Old 07-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #9
Subwebber8
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
07 Wrx
grey

How long has the gas been sitting? It's really hard to trust that you fuel is good. & would you meet me in south jersey?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #10
Subwebber8
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
07 Wrx
grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI_FFY View Post
Still available. Approximately 100 gallons of 50/50 methanol and distilled water in 2 55-gallon barrels and 2 5-gallon containers, with siphon pump that fits the barrels and A WHOLE CASE of Uplon lubricant additive to prevent pump corrosion. All FREE. Just come and pick it up - damnit! Don't make me haul this stuff all the way to PA in my rickety trailer. :-P

I have to have it out of here THIS WEEKEND. I go to settlement on the sale of this house on Monday.

Everything must go! Hurry!

^^^^^^^
Old 07-23-2015, 10:48 PM   #11
STI_FFY
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 STi JBP/Gold
Helix DP, SMC, Cobb AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subwebber8 View Post
How long has the gas been sitting? It's really hard to trust that you fuel is good. & would you meet me in south jersey?
It ain't gas. It's Methanol (alcohol) and water mixed. In sealed drums. Been here for 6 years. It is meant for injection into turbocharged airstreams to cool the charge and boost the octane - so that you can crank the timing way advanced and get crazy HP.

You're worried about degradation?

From this link:

How long is the storage stability of methanol?

Methanol is a stable material when stored in an appropriate container and suitable environmental conditions. It is mildly corrosive to lead alloys. As it is 100% miscible in water, the presence of moisture or trace amounts of inorganic salts can result corrosion of the metal container. Hazardous polymerization will not occur under normal storage conditions. Properly protected from contamination, methanol shelf life is indefinite. For more information on methanol chemical and physical properties consult Appendix B of the Methanol Institute’s Methanol Safe Handling Manual.

---

Water will store forever. Methanol will store forever. Meth and water (mixed) will store forever so long as you don't put it in METAL containers. It won't degrade unless you admit contaminants. I used distilled (i.e. pure) water. There are no contaminants. The containers are PolyEthylene (PE) - which is the same containers you can buy it in online. Speaking of which, you have to pay $459 plus shipping to get one. Then buy the water, split the meth into 2 barrels, add the water - or you can just come and get this stuff from me.

If this were Ethanol, rather than Methanol. I would have me some high grade hooch here. Unfortunately Methanol will kill you dead, dead, dead if you ingest enough of it. So don't be drinking it, kids...

If I were to meet you I would have to load these barrels onto a trailer. I am trying really hard not to do that. If I do that much work, I will probably just keep the stuff or take it to someone here locally who really wants it but can't figure out how to pick it up.

SOMEBODY COME AND GET THIS STUFF.

PM me for directions and to arrange the time.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #12
socallmechris
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 213905
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 RSTI
Dark blue

hey you still got this? My sister lives a stones throw from you in Westminster. i could coax one of my buddies to give me his truck to come pick up and "visit" my sister lol.

let me know 908-642-8570 my name is Chris.
socallmechris is offline   Reply With Quote