Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
CAPTAIN1N5ANO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 252297
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX STI
MIDNIGHT BLACK PEARL

Default Tgv codes deleted still cel

So I had my Tgv's deleted and I am trying to get rid of the cel. I have the access tuner race and I unchecked all the tgv codes and uploaded the map into car. I still have cel but when I check for codes it says there are none????? Please help. Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CAPTAIN1N5ANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Make sure you follow these steps when disabling TGV DTCs:

1. Open your map in the AccessTUNER software and in the menu bar, go to Edit -> Advanced Parameters.

2. Under the "DTCs (Base)" tab, UNCHECK any of the following codes that are listed for your car regardless of what codes you are reading with the AP (Note: you will not have every code listed here - they can be specific by model/year):
P1086, P1087, P1088, P1089, P1090, P1091, P1092, P1093, P1094, P1095, P1096, P1097, P2004, P2005, P2006, P2007, P2008, P2009, P2011, P2012, P2016, P2017, P2021, P2022

3. If the AP is showing any additional codes active for TGVs other than those above, disable those as well.

4. For 2.0L cars, under the "Toggles (Base)" tab in Advanced Parameters, UNCHECK the three selections related to TGVs (ex. "TGV P1086/P1087/P1088/P1089 Fault Detection"). If you instead see "TGV Sensor High" and "TGV Sensor Low", you have an old version of the software. Update to the latest by submitting a request for it here:
http://accessecu.com/register/cobb.php

5. Save your map and upload the new map to your AP with AP Manager software.

6. REFLASH your new map with the AP (Disabling DTCs is NOT a real-time tuneable function and must be re-flashed).

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
CAPTAIN1N5ANO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 252297
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX STI
MIDNIGHT BLACK PEARL

Thanks alot Bill, It worked great, No cel
CAPTAIN1N5ANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
djr408
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308311
Default codes p1091, p1089, p1088

will this help delete all of the cels if you use an accessport ??
djr408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djr408 View Post
will this help delete all of the cels if you use an accessport ??
If you have an AccessPORT version 2 (i.e. the current device with color screen) and the AccessTUNER Race software (free download with purchase of v2 AP), then you will be able to defeat any DTC (generally only legal for off-road applications).
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
m1nus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296328
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 Wrx wagon
PSM

do you also need a tune with the TGV delete? or can you just turn of the cel. mine is rusted open and i have a line on some deleted ones but i don't have the cash for a tune with it.
m1nus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
IVGottaBDreamin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 203833
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 JBP WRX

I did all of that to the T and I still get a CEL with no codes found and limp mode. Can you take your sensors out? I left my sensors out and gave them to a friend. Is that why? I don't understand why it keeps coming back
IVGottaBDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVGottaBDreamin View Post
I did all of that to the T and I still get a CEL with no codes found and limp mode. Can you take your sensors out? I left my sensors out and gave them to a friend. Is that why? I don't understand why it keeps coming back
If this is an 04 WRX (as it shows in your sig), you can uncheck the three TGV fault detection toggles that are found under Edit -> Advanced Parameters -> Toggles (Base) menu. These are different than the listing of individual DTCs in the other tab. You'll want to uncheck those three, save the map (with a unique name) and then reflash that map. It has to be a reflash (not a realtime flash). A reflash requires that you connect the green test mode connectors (and initialization block) like you did when you first installed the AccessPORT (for older cars).

Bill
Old 12-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
IVGottaBDreamin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 JBP WRX

Ok I'm trying it now. But why would that work when I had those three unchecked and also the individual dcts unchecked as well?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
IVGottaBDreamin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 JBP WRX

Yes it still has check engine light and limp mode. I have only the three unchecked under toggles and I did a permanent flash and it still comes on as soon as the car warms up. And yea it's 04 wrx. So it IS ok to run the sensors UNPLUGGED? Or is that my problem?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVGottaBDreamin View Post
Yes it still has check engine light and limp mode. I have only the three unchecked under toggles and I did a permanent flash and it still comes on as soon as the car warms up. And yea it's 04 wrx. So it IS ok to run the sensors UNPLUGGED? Or is that my problem?
You should be fine if the fault detection toggles are unchecked. Let's do the following:
1. Connect AP to car and run the memory snapshot feature found under the troubleshooting menu.

2. Run the AP Manager software and connect AP to computer. Transfer the memory snapshot file from the AP to your computer (same as you would do a log).

3. At cobbforums.com, start a thread (register if you need to) and click on "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" and attach the memory snapshot and the current map that you have reflashed to the car. Write something in the thread to remind me that it is you.

The memory snapshot will allow me to determine what is causing your check engine light so hopefully we can get this solved.

Bill
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
IVGottaBDreamin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 JBP WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
You should be fine if the fault detection toggles are unchecked. Let's do the following:
1. Connect AP to car and run the memory snapshot feature found under the troubleshooting menu.

2. Run the AP Manager software and connect AP to computer. Transfer the memory snapshot file from the AP to your computer (same as you would do a log).

3. At cobbforums.com, start a thread (register if you need to) and click on "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" and attach the memory snapshot and the current map that you have reflashed to the car. Write something in the thread to remind me that it is you.

The memory snapshot will allow me to determine what is causing your check engine light so hopefully we can get this solved.

Bill