Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Chriscubano
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 287142
Vehicle:
2005 Wrx Sedan
Black

Default Black car cleaning kit

So I recently picked up my black 05 wrx and it is a pain to keep clean. I borrowed some black car cleaning supplies from my friend and it left some white residue in certain areas. If anyone has a list of products/tips on black car cleaning please leave info. I'm looking to find a basic cleaning 'survival kit' please share your recommendations on how I can keep my car as clean as possible from the body, to wheels and tires, interior etc. Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chriscubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
USMC3782
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 292585
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
96 OBS and 00 OB
Green/Blue

Turtle Wax Black car cleaner kit. it's a black car maint kit with special tinted waxes cleaners and compounds. I use it on my truck.

Last edited by USMC3782; 09-27-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: remembered name of product
USMC3782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
Redefined
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 263718
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Black

I`ve used that kit and i think its a complete waste of money.

Get a meguiars microfiber wash mitt, meguiars gold class soap, mothers or meguiars claybar kit, meguiars dual action polisher(for removing defects and applying polishes/waxes.) Meguiars m105, m205 and meguairs professional yellow wax.
I use this method on my 02 black mica wrx. This truly works.
If you need assistance on the exact steps to take i will be happy to help.
Redefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
kateviliams
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 285333

Use meguiars car care kit its very good .
kateviliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
ForTheMeantime
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 276234
Vehicle:
2010 WRX STi
OBP

I actually just polished and waxed my OBP 2010 STI last weekend. I went to www.detailedimage.com for most of my products. They have a lot of great tutorials on there as well. You should definitely look at them whether you buy their products or not to make sure you're doing everything correctly.

Here's a list of what I used:

Detailed Image Products:

P21S Total Auto Wash (All purpose cleaner for the tires, wheel wells, exhaust tips, etc. Great for cleaning your interior as well if you have some serious cleaning to do.)
Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Polish (I used a Makita buffer with a foam finishing pad, but it can be applied by hand as well with a foam applicator pad.)
Chemical Guys Hard Core Paste Wax
Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Spray Sealant
Great White Microfiber Towel (For removing the excess product)
Waffle Weave Microfiber Towel (For drying)
Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Chemical Guys Microfiber Detergent
All Purpose Microfiber Towel

Products used that I bought locally:

Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash
Mothers California Gold Clay Kit
Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant

The warehouse for the website is actually in NY and I see that you're in NJ. I'm in NJ as well. I ordered on in the morning and the package came the next day. That was with their standard shipping. They have weekly specials with a coupon code that you use to get a free product if you spend over a certain amount. I waited until something I needed was one of the featured products so I could save some money. I believe it changes every Wednesday.

I don't know if you're trying to get as involved as I did, but I was really happy with the results. Good luck!

Here are some articles that were helpful:

How To Properly Wash and Dry a Car

Detail Tutorial for Black 2006 Acura TL
ForTheMeantime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
squirrely_sti_chick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 295998
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX Sti
blue

The only thing I use from turtle wax is the black box and the original hard shell paste. Just be careful when using the black box. The special waxes will stain your hands but as long as you follow each direction to the tee then it will look great!!! Everything else I would only use meguiars.
squirrely_sti_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #7
mrandmrslaw
*** Banned ***

Member#: 295305
Vehicle:
2008 STI
BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redefined View Post
I`ve used that kit and i think its a complete waste of money.

Get a meguiars microfiber wash mitt, meguiars gold class soap, mothers or meguiars claybar kit, meguiars dual action polisher(for removing defects and applying polishes/waxes.) Meguiars m105, m205 and meguairs professional yellow wax.
I use this method on my 02 black mica wrx. This truly works.
If you need assistance on the exact steps to take i will be happy to help.
i believed this is one of most effective mequair products steps ... i love yellow wax...
mrandmrslaw is offline   Reply With Quote