|09-29-2011, 02:37 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Rowley, MAVehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
Rally Blue Pearl
BIG EVENT 3 with David Higgins - October 1, 2011 - presented by Gillman Subaru SW
It's baaack!!! (again) ...biggerer and betterer than everer.
Everyone is invited, ...HOU, DAL, SA, ATX, ...all of TXIC, (and more).
Round 3 of the Big Event featuring three times the madness and three times the fun!
(1) Special Appearance by Subaru Rally Team driver David Higgins:
Hailing from South Wales, David Higgins is a three time British Rally Champion and USA SCCA ProRally Champion. As a 3rd generation rally driver David Higgins is currently the strong arm of the Subaru USA Rally team. Having driven in Asia, Russia, Europe, South America and now the USA, David Higgins is a world known driver. And you know what the best part is? He will be at Gillman Subaru for The Big Event 3 with his award winning Subaru USA rally car.
David Higgins will be at the event from:
10:00-11:30 & 12:00-1:30
Don't forget your Sharpie and any memorabilia you'd like autographed. (we will have lots of goodies as well)
(2) Shop Day:
Rules and Registration:
- There will be a required $20 payment to Gillman for using their bays. With this fee you will get two bands and one t-shirt. One band is for you and one for a passenger.
- If you are going to be in the shop you are required to have a band.
- If you are not working on a car, but want to be in the shop you will need to pay $5 for a band.
- No one under 13 will be allowed in the shop area.
- We are doing this to keep the shop area a little less congested for everyone’s safety.
- No open toed shoes, flip flops, or sandals.
- There is a 2 hour maximum per car per shop bay. If you run over the 2 hour maximum, you will be charged an additional $20, plan your time accordingly.
- The money collected for working on your car, and entry into the shop will help to offset the additional required safety equipment, and other needs for the day.
Shop Day Registration & info thread:
(3) Car Show
We have many of Houston's local teams bringing a selection of their cars, as well as a "Subaru" only area and awards, including special award presented. This year’s event will have a Subaru car show and reservation meet. Although the car show will only cater to Subarus, there are 40 spots set aside for reservation. For first 40 that reserve and enter the big event by 9:00am will receive an event shirt and Subaru goodie bag.
Best Impreza 97-01
Best Impreza 02-03
Best Impreza 04-05
Best Impreza 06-07
Best Impreza 08+
Best Other (Forester, Outback, Tribeca, Brat/Baja, etc...)
Best Subaru (overall)
David Higgin's Pick
7:00am - 9:00am Registration and load in
9:00am - 2:30pm A whole bunch of stuff (will be updated as needed)
3:00pm Awards Ceremony
Car Show Pre-Registration Thread:
With last years count of cars, we'd like to shoot for 40-50 Subarus in addition to the mix of other reserved tuner cars. All entries will recieve a free goodie bag including an Event T-shirt.
To reserve your spot, please post in the above thread AND PM JohnP or glilly.
(4) 2012 Subaru Impreza debut:
The all new 2012 Subaru Impreza will be on hand. Take a seat, take a pic, place your order.
(5) Sponsors, Vendors and Services:
- COBB Tuning
- Photographic Tendencies
- Underground Graphics
- Mayday Garage
- DWS Parts
- SSP Texas
- Vermont Sports Car
- Greenway / Blacksmith coffee
- Royal Purple
Please contact Wally direct at 713-446-1415 for sponsor/vendor opportunities.
- Local BBQ will be on hand to provide food.
- Raffle drawings and giveaways will be done throughout the day.
(7) Special pricing on Subaru parts:
- 20% of one day only at the Subaru Parts counter, Call now to order for shop day pick up and still receive the promotional discount.
Saturday, October 1, 2011 (in case you missed it above)
8:00am - 3:00pm
Gillman Subaru SW
10575 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. South
Houston, TX 77099
Please post any comment/questions here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2235834
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|BIG EVENT 3 with David Higgins - October 1, 2011 - presented by Gillman Subaru SW||glilly||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||133||10-28-2011 04:54 PM|
|IMPORT FACE-OFF presented by Gillman Subaru - Houston - 1/30/11||GSRcaucAZN78||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||26||01-28-2011 08:10 PM|
|The Big Event 2 with Dave Mirra - Gillman Subaru Southwest in Houston, TX!||Geoff||NASIOC Official News, Articles and Polls||19||09-09-2010 01:42 AM|
|Gillman Subaru presents: The BIG EVENT 2 with Dave Mirra - August 21, 2010||Gillman Subaru||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||235||08-29-2010 12:26 AM|