Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Freemoneey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270308
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default Can you look at my Stage 2 AP logs.

Hey,

I am trying to figure out why my car is not running the target boost designed for the Cobb OTS stage 2 Beta v310 maps.

My performance mods for my 04 WRX Wagon are:
Invidia Catless downpipe
Invidia uppipe
JNA Performance "ebay" catback. (love it btw, not too loud)
And of course Cobb AP

My first pull on 3rd gear is from cells 2 to 57.

The second pull on 3rd gear is from cells 65 to 12.

The pulls were done on highway on ramps about 3-5 minutes apart.

I have narrowed down the spreadsheet to just include the 3 gear pulls, let me know if the entire log can be of any help.
The google docs is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VBUnc&hl=en_US

I am running the AP Manager version 2.0.1.5 and the latest firmware 1.6.4.0-1960

Any information/knowledge is welcomed and will be appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Freemoneey; 10-08-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Corrected url, after setting view access to Public.
Freemoneey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
2Fast4U1DAY
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 250152
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemoneey
Hey,

I am trying to figure out why my car is not running the target boost designed for the Cobb OTS stage 2 Beta v310 maps.

My performance mods for my 04 WRX Wagon are:
Invidia Catless downpipe
Invidia uppipe
JNA Performance "ebay" catback. (love it btw, not too loud)
And of course Cobb AP

My first pull on 3rd gear is from cells 2 to 57.

The second pull on 3rd gear is from cells 65 to 12.

The pulls were done on highway on ramps about 3-5 minutes apart.

I have narrowed down the spreadsheet to just include the 3 gear pulls, let me know if the entire log can be of any help.
The google docs is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

I am running the AP Manager version 2.0.1.5 and the latest firmware 1.6.4.0-1960

Any information/knowledge is welcomed and will be appreciated.
You have to set the permissions to public in order for us to see the log....
2Fast4U1DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Freemoneey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270308
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Edited my post after changing the document settings to Public View.
Freemoneey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
mxturboracer86
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82398
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2013 SXL
555 Motorsports

Default

there's quite a bit going on in there that needs to be addressed, along with that to hit the target boost you will need to tighten the wastegate arm its too loose. I would first recommend a proper tune over an OTS map, then you will have not only a safer car, but really see the benefits from the car.

PM me, I can help you out if needed
mxturboracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemoneey View Post
Hey,

I am trying to figure out why my car is not running the target boost designed for the Cobb OTS stage 2 Beta v310 maps.

My performance mods for my 04 WRX Wagon are:
Invidia Catless downpipe
Invidia uppipe
JNA Performance "ebay" catback. (love it btw, not too loud)
And of course Cobb AP

My first pull on 3rd gear is from cells 2 to 57.

The second pull on 3rd gear is from cells 65 to 12.

The pulls were done on highway on ramps about 3-5 minutes apart.

I have narrowed down the spreadsheet to just include the 3 gear pulls, let me know if the entire log can be of any help.
The google docs is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VBUnc&hl=en_US

I am running the AP Manager version 2.0.1.5 and the latest firmware 1.6.4.0-1960

Any information/knowledge is welcomed and will be appreciated.
Your DAM has dropped, which is not good. However, it does not appear that you are actually running one of the beta maps. Where did you get the map and did you reflash the map (as opposed to running it as real-time)?

Here is the link to the 02-05 WRX beta maps:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2233868

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Freemoneey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270308
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Your DAM has dropped, which is not good. However, it does not appear that you are actually running one of the beta maps. Where did you get the map and did you reflash the map (as opposed to running it as real-time)?

Here is the link to the 02-05 WRX beta maps:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2233868

Bill

Bill,

I used the stage 2 beta maps from that link you provided. I did reflashed the car instead of just running the realtime map. ( i used the connectors under the dash of my 04 WRX)
The current map Iam running is titled Stage2 93 v310 BetavB.
The map Iam using is listed in red here, https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8S...5MmFl&hl=en_US

About the DAM, what can affect the DAM to not be at 16.

Will tighteting the wastegate arm help my situation? Or should I try to run map Stage2 v310 93 HWG first instead?
Ever since I installed the Stage 2 parts and installed the Stage 2v300 93 map on Sept-4-2011, i have noticed that I have not met the recommended boost target since.
Prior to Sept 4, the week before I was at Stage 1 v300 93, and I noticed the same thing.
Freemoneey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
2Fast4U1DAY
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 250152
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemoneey

Bill,

I used the stage 2 beta maps from that link you provided. I did reflashed the car instead of just running the realtime map. ( i used the connectors under the dash of my 04 WRX)
The current map Iam running is titled Stage2 93 v310 BetavB.
The map Iam using is listed in red here, https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8S...5MmFl&hl=en_US

About the DAM, what can affect the DAM to not be at 16.

Will tighteting the wastegate arm help my situation? Or should I try to run map Stage2 v310 93 HWG first instead?
Ever since I installed the Stage 2 parts and installed the Stage 2v300 93 map on Sept-4-2011, i have noticed that I have not met the recommended boost target since.
Prior to Sept 4, the week before I was at Stage 1 v300 93, and I noticed the same thing.
Knock during WOT runs will make the DAM drop. DAM is the ecu's rough knock correction. If it sees repeated knock, or a severe knock event, it will lower DAM to take a given precentage of timing out of the timing advance tables, to try and prevent knock, and to save the engine. Simply put, DAM is a measure of how "happy" the engine and ECU are.
2Fast4U1DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemoneey View Post
Bill,

I used the stage 2 beta maps from that link you provided. I did reflashed the car instead of just running the realtime map. ( i used the connectors under the dash of my 04 WRX)
The current map Iam running is titled Stage2 93 v310 BetavB.
The map Iam using is listed in red here, https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8S...5MmFl&hl=en_US

About the DAM, what can affect the DAM to not be at 16.

Will tighteting the wastegate arm help my situation? Or should I try to run map Stage2 v310 93 HWG first instead?
Ever since I installed the Stage 2 parts and installed the Stage 2v300 93 map on Sept-4-2011, i have noticed that I have not met the recommended boost target since.
Prior to Sept 4, the week before I was at Stage 1 v300 93, and I noticed the same thing.
It looks like we may have made a mistake and uploaded the old map for that particular map rather than the beta map. I'm going to get with the calibrator on Monday and see what is going on and I'll let you know. Until we can confirm, I would not run the current beta map (just in case).

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
Freemoneey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270308
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Your DAM has dropped, which is not good. However, it does not appear that you are actually running one of the beta maps. Where did you get the map and did you reflash the map (as opposed to running it as real-time)?

Here is the link to the 02-05 WRX beta maps:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2233868

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
It looks like we may have made a mistake and uploaded the old map for that particular map rather than the beta map. I'm going to get with the calibrator on Monday and see what is going on and I'll let you know. Until we can confirm, I would not run the current beta map (just in case).

Bill
Bill,
I will reflash to the non-Beta map today. Thanks for the info.
Freemoneey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemoneey View Post
Bill,
I will reflash to the non-Beta map today. Thanks for the info.
We got the bug fixed in the beta maps. It impacted all the 04 beta maps. We've updated the beta threads as well. I would go ahead and delete all the old beta map(s) on your computer (just be sure) and then download the stage 2 map for your car again:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2233868

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Freemoneey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270308
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
We got the bug fixed in the beta maps. It impacted all the 04 beta maps. We've updated the beta threads as well. I would go ahead and delete all the old beta map(s) on your computer (just be sure) and then download the stage 2 map for your car again:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2233868

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bill
Bill,

Got the new maps downloaded to my AP tonight, will flash the car tomorrow.
Will report back the lags later on.
Freemoneey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you look at my log? this is my first AP Bugeye115 AccessPort 0 09-13-2011 05:41 PM
Can someone look at my log???? wrx904 AccessPort 2 07-28-2011 08:03 PM
Quick look at a Stage 2 GTR w Accessport.. Cobb Tuning Proven Power Bragging 67 02-13-2009 11:41 AM
Could you look at my CLB, CLfuel Stg 2 log? 03WRXMA Engine Management & Tuning 0 03-12-2004 08:23 PM
ESP ticket update, any police/lawyers out there, can you look at this evidence photo? Sean General Forum Archive 8 08-22-2000 03:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.