Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #476
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: I sell platinum cat jewelry.co
Default

Parts that have a desired effect and consistently react this way are the parts that the tuners like, it's a part that if they don't agree, it's aruably because the data they are concentrating on to stick to their tuning stategy doesn't rely on the data from part x or y, they substitute out of wack values by effecting other parameters). When u give a tuner the right parts combination this is where you make at or more than #/min *10 with your turbo.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CatfaceType-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #477
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Biker View Post
I'm a bit curious as to why you'd get the HUGE ID's when I see Junior saying that with a proper fuel system, the 1k's are good for nearly 140 traps worth of power.

I'm with this guy. Talk to Jr and see what he says but with your twin 044s you should have no problems making ID1000s work if you run elevated base fuel pressures.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #478
Junior2JZ
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 64908
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Tuning 8/9sec Subies @ P&L
Vehicle:
10.8 XT+10.0@143 GR+
2x9.0@170mph GTRs

Default

1ks with dual 044s will not be enough for 140mph traps. I said they are good for mid 130s with the proper setup.

Layvon is running a nice built head, block, twinscroll setup with a turbo capable of 700whp. I suggested he just go ahead and get the 2ks to round out his fuel system. This way he doesn't have to upgrade it every again.

As for the AVCS/IDLE in the other thread. I had his IDLE at 1000rpm. Also his car is running an aftermarket ecu, the data in the thread is based off the stock ecu/cobb

Jr
Junior2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #479
Zee Biker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166005
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northern 'Burbs
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x
Beaten Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior2JZ View Post
1ks with dual 044s will not be enough for 140mph traps. I said they are good for mid 130s with the proper setup.

Layvon is running a nice built head, block, twinscroll setup with a turbo capable of 700whp. I suggested he just go ahead and get the 2ks to round out his fuel system. This way he doesn't have to upgrade it every again.

As for the AVCS/IDLE in the other thread. I had his IDLE at 1000rpm. Also his car is running an aftermarket ecu, the data in the thread is based off the stock ecu/cobb

Jr
I stand corrected on many points.

Listen to your tuner has always been my mantra; sorry to have misquoted you.
Zee Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #480
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

You get the IDs yet?
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #481
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Not yet, in the mail though. Ordered them Tuesday

Itd be nice if they came tomorrow or.Saturday so i can test em out
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #482
C J
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132587
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Vehicle:
2006 JrTuned STi
Stock block 10.34@134mph

Default

what base pressure do you plan to run?
C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #483
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
what base pressure do you plan to run?
That's a question for Junior!
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #484
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

It would be cool if my phenolic risers showed up by Saturday. Its gonna be a car working weekend.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #485
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
CJ Comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
Manitou Comment
As much base pressure as I can with it getting to idle fine, adjusted by junior
If I could get 50psi that would be great, but i dont think I'll be able to run that much on Pump


Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd
Kelly's Comment
Yeah it would be nice, those will make a nice addition, you said you bought the 8mm or the 3mm? I had the 8mm on mine to make sure I could clear. Almost bought kstech 19mm to clear the AC, but then Id have a hole in my hood haha.

Last edited by Layvon; 03-01-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #486
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Just got off phone with fuel injector clinic. 3 Injectors were at 2050cc and the other one was 2175ish. The nominal flow was supposed to be 2150.

I'm waiting for a full diagnostic sheet on monday.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #487
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

I got the 8mm spacers. They showed up today so this weekend its on.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #488
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
Just got off phone with fuel injector clinic. 3 Injectors were at 2050cc and the other one was 2175ish. The nominal flow was supposed to be 2150.

I'm waiting for a full diagnostic sheet on monday.
I would like to see the full range of flow top to bottom. With my unbalanced injectors they were all pretty close up top but down low they sucked. One was 12% off at 20% IDC and most likely worse down lower where they idled. I would in fact bet on that because they improved incrementally as the flow increased. That's why Jr was able to make pretty good power on my build but he would not push it.

I took the XTI on another road trip to Louisville yesterday and today, about 900 miles. I have to say the fricking thing is a rocket on pump with the latest map revision Jr gave me and it just wants to make boost, I saw 25.4 psi in 6th gear today with the cold air! Some ******* in a BMW 650ix (I think) cut me off on I71 doing a right lane sneak before a semi, it was close and there was no traffic, really. He just snuck up on me and made the bonehead move. Needless to say I proceeded to **** with him and show him how slow his car really was with my lesbo wagon!! Haha! The ****in dumbass!!

Edit: Levon sent me a text tonight about this post so I thought I would share our text thread for the yucks! I hope you don't mind buddy!!

Levon: Funny post! ! ****ing BMW!

Me: Thanks man! i always like to inject some humor in our threads when possible! What an ******* this guy was! It's like the joke, what's the difference between an ******* and a BMW driver?.......nothing!! It's funny he pulled that move and thought he would just walk me.....guess what, I'm sure he was like wtf, I toyed with him, dropped him, let him catch up, dropped him again, let him go , then reeled him in one more time because the XTI was feeling frisky. Then I had to get on a conference call at 1 so I let him go.

Levon: Haha that had to feel great. 500+ awhp isnt something to **** with. My buddy Karl has a 335i twin turbo inline 6. My car was faster stage two than his was.... his response.was, i need intakes!

Me: Hahaha.... Yeah it's funny. It's was a good looking car 6 series, very nice black on black 5 liter 12 cylinder AWD. I caught him and dropped him so fast and hard that it had to just surprise him! That and it was hilly and twisty through that section At one point I thought I was starting to slide a bit but the XTI was ****ing solid. I looked and I had my dccd set to rear bias so I bumped it to the middle which give more understeer and it firmed right up. A couple times today I saw 130 so ****ing fast that it surprised me!! With the boost I saw I thought I might have mistakenly flashed in the e85 map.....naw!!

Last edited by manitou; 03-01-2013 at 10:58 PM.
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #489
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post

I would like to see the full range of flow top to bottom. With my unbalanced injectors they were all pretty close up top but down low they sucked. One was 12% off at 20% IDC and most likely worse down lower where they idled. I would in fact bet on that because they improved incrementally as the flow increased. That's why Jr was able to make pretty good power on my build but he would not push it.

I took the XTI on another road trip to Louisville yesterday and today, about 900 miles. I have to say the fricking thing is a rocket on pump with the latest map revision Jr gave me and it just wants to make boost, I saw 25.4 psi in 6th gear today with the cold air! Some ******* in a BMW 650ix (I think) cut me off on I71 doing a right lane sneak before a semi, it was close and there was no traffic, really. He just snuck up on me and made the bonehead move. Needless to say I proceeded to **** with him and show him how slow his car really was with my lesbo wagon!! Haha! The ****in dumbass!!

Edit: Levon sent me a text tonight about this post so I thought I would share our text thread for the yucks! I hope you don't mind buddy!!

Levon: Funny post! ! ****ing BMW!

Me: Thanks man! i always like to inject some humor in our threads when possible! What an ******* this guy was! It's like the joke, what's the difference between an ******* and a BMW driver?.......nothing!! It's funny he pulled that move and thought he would just walk me.....guess what, I'm sure he was like wtf, I toyed with him, dropped him, let him catch up, dropped him again, let him go , then reeled him in one more time because the XTI was feeling frisky. Then I had to get on a conference call at 1 so I let him go.

Levon: Haha that had to feel great. 500+ awhp isnt something to **** with. My buddy Karl has a 335i twin turbo inline 6. My car was faster stage two than his was.... his response.was, i need intakes!

Me: Hahaha.... Yeah it's funny. It's was a good looking car 6 series, very nice black on black 5 liter 12 cylinder AWD. I caught him and dropped him so fast and hard that it had to just surprise him! That and it was hilly and twisty through that section At one point I thought I was starting to slide a bit but the XTI was ****ing solid. I looked and I had my dccd set to rear bias so I bumped it to the middle which give more understeer and it firmed right up. A couple times today I saw 130 so ****ing fast that it surprised me!! With the boost I saw I thought I might have mistakenly flashed in the e85 map.....naw!!
Edit: I just looked up this car 650ix grand coupe, it's a 4.4liter TT V8. It really was a beautiful car , just kind of slow
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #490
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

So Manitou gets retuned today and you get it tomorrow Levon. Good luck guys.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #491
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
So Manitou gets retuned today and you get it tomorrow Levon. Good luck guys.
Thanks Kelly! We made 460/400 at 22 psi on pump and 562/490 at 27 psi on e85! Jr felt we could have got close to 600 WHP we just maxed out the ID1ks!

Last edited by manitou; 03-11-2013 at 07:06 PM.
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #492
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Thanks Kelly - just got everything all buttoned up tonight. Allan and I chatted on the phone, he had a pretty good day. We shall see how it goes tomorrow.

My prediction:
496 - 93
592 - E85

Junior will be deciding factor in how he feels its going. I want a solid "safety" margin. At these power levels nothing is a guarantee so i have my fingers crossed.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #493
Junior2JZ
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 64908
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Tuning 8/9sec Subies @ P&L
Vehicle:
10.8 XT+10.0@143 GR+
2x9.0@170mph GTRs

Default

Isn't it weird how you just pop in Ids and the car magically idles better?

Last edited by Junior2JZ; 03-11-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: WOW.. this is my 5,000th post!
Junior2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #494
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Yes - It took about 10 minutes with my very limited tuning knowledge. 5-7 minutes of which it was going through cold start sequence. I have to say I was impressed.

Ha - Guru status achieved.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #495
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Jr, I had fun today! Good hanging out and thank you for the awesome tunes! You da man!!

I gotta get a ride in the GTR
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #496
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Hey Layvon, I'm sure your asleep now for that 5 am start tomorrow, but things will go well for you guys tomorrow and big power will come to you! Safe drive over and have fun with Junior and that PnL crew. Frickin Paul and Junior cracked me up today! LOL

I text'd Junior tonight after I got back to Clinton Township and filled er up. I got 17.2 mpg on E85 on the way back and of course it saw some boost. It spools so fast on the road, it's like squeeze the pedal just a little and there's 20 psi like nothing!

Keep me posted tomorrow!!
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #497
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

I was in bed at 930, fell asleep at 12 or so. Made 750whp at 230, and haven't slept since haha.

17.2 is impressive on the corn! I know you had to get into er a little bit.
Its good to have some shop fun. I'll stir the pot a little bit, ya know, to keep it interesting.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #498
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layvon View Post
Yes - It took about 10 minutes with my very limited tuning knowledge. 5-7 minutes of which it was going through cold start sequence. I have to say I was impressed.

Ha - Guru status achieved.
The car was a lot easier to get up and running with working injectors huh? I'm running the FIC 1100cc and haven't had any problem with them and at the time ID only had the 1000cc(900cc) and 2200cc injectors.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #499
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Good tuning today Junior and Levon!
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #500
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 195711
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cadillac MI
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post

The car was a lot easier to get up and running with working injectors huh? I'm running the FIC 1100cc and haven't had any problem with them and at the time ID only had the 1000cc(900cc) and 2200cc injectors.
Yeah much easier. I only had my car running for 25 min last night . Just got it onto the trailer and bagged it.

Seems to be going smoother today. Will wait to post numbers before jinxing myself
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maxwell Power EFR 7670 Bariga Proven Power Bragging 2037 09-23-2014 02:14 PM
WTB : 2002-2007 WRX/2004 STi Strut Assemblys, Rally Armor Flaps wrx. NWIC Private Classifieds 0 11-13-2011 06:49 PM
FS : NJ: 2004 STI Race Build dsds711 Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds 22 03-19-2011 11:39 AM
2004 sti build questions GA_STI Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo) 2 09-09-2009 03:31 PM
2004 STI Parts from Racecar Build TxSpeed1 Complete Car Part-Out 36 03-21-2009 03:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.