Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
Larrygto
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300467
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Lightning red

Default Cobb accessport 2012 WRX

Will the AP for the 2011 work on a 2012? I know there's supposed to be no difference, but I want to be sure before I order.
Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Larrygto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

We are currently working very hard to add full 2012 WRX/STI support! We've got a lot of the back end work done and are currently searching for vehicles in the Austin, TX or Portland, OR areas to complete some on-vehicle testing!

When we do release official support, it will be as a firmware update to the current "AP-SUB-003" AccessPORT part number that supports the 08+ WRX/STi.

Thanks for your interest!

Cheers

Lance
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Larrygto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Lightning red

So should I wait or can I load a stage1 in for an 11 without hurting anything?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrygto View Post
So should I wait or can I load a stage1 in for an 11 without hurting anything?
Hi there. The 2012 models use a different engine control unit (ECU) than the 2011 models (which is typical most of the time for new models). As such, it will require new maps and AccessPORT firmware designed specifically for the 2012 model in question. When this becomes available, you would simply update the firmware on your SUB-003 AccessPORT v2 and then you will be able to install the AccessPORT to your 2012 WRX or STi.

Bill
Old 11-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
Larrygto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Lightning red

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
VeloVeritas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 294774
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi
SWP

Subscribed! I hope someone in the area can get you cars - I'm dying for the tune!
VeloVeritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Larrygto
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Lightning red

You and me both brother!
Bill PLEASE inform us when the maps are ready.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
pmccut
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300048
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Oh crap . I bought the AP (SUB-003) from a vendor for my '12 (they didn't know 11 was any different from 12) - installed a DP + cat-back and found the AP failing to install. Sure do hope this is released REALLY SOON.
pmccut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
alex2012Sti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301766
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX STI
Blue

Looking forward for this! Subscribed! I have 2012 STi wagon, i would like to have this. If you guys need testers in Arizona my car is available!
alex2012Sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
camasite
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301536
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sedan

I sent a PM to "Cobb Tuning" on Friday offering my 2012 WRX in the Portland area, but have not heard back yet.

Edit: Bill got back to me... They have a car lined up already, but I could be a backup if that falls through. The task requires redline pulls on the dyno, and I am just pushing 600 miles on my car, so am going to try to get some more break-in miles on the car in case they need me.

Last edited by camasite; 11-28-2011 at 07:45 PM.
camasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by camasite View Post
I sent a PM to "Cobb Tuning" on Friday offering my 2012 WRX in the Portland area, but have not heard back yet.
Hi, PM sent.

Bill
Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
RIRENTER
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 109174
Chapter/Region: TXIC

I sent my ROM file to the Austin location yesterday. Hopefully I can get down there soon and get initial dyno testing completed... Cant wait to get the AP.
RIRENTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
pmccut
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

COBB/Lance,

Do you have a rough ETA on release for this? Days, weeks, months?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #14
NaStIc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289898
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sdn SWP
TP Stage 1

Honestly, I would love an A/P ASAP for my 2012. But there's no sense in rushing the software developers. One minuet/overlooked mistake could mean catastrophic failure. Patience, and it'll be ready when its ready. I'm guessing the new year, it'll be ready.

Last edited by NaStIc; 12-01-2011 at 12:50 AM.
NaStIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #15
pmccut
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaStIc View Post
Honestly, I would love an A/P ASAP for my 2012. But there's no sense in rushing the software developers. One minuet/overlooked mistake could mean catastrophic failer. Patience, and it'll be ready when its ready. I'm guessing the new year, it'll be ready.
You're right - but I've got all of these parts sitting around collecting dust and an opensource tune is out. If it's going to take a month or so, I'll just return the AP and go the open source route.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:52 AM   #16
NaStIc
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sdn SWP
TP Stage 1

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The only problem is the lack of an updated definition for romraider, in order to go opensource. Contacted both tuning platforms
Old 12-01-2011, 03:06 AM   #17
pmccut
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The only problem is the lack of an updated definition for romraider, in order to go opensource. Contacted both tuning platforms
TP offers maps for romraider on 12s, so I'd imagine they'd provide everything we need. http://www.torquedperformance.com/20...12WRXCOMBO.htm

Did you contact them or someone else?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
NaStIc
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sdn SWP
TP Stage 1

Interesting. Wasn't aware until you informed me about TP's 12 offering. Originally about 3 weeks ago I contacted Cobb and PhatBotti for an E-tune. Ron said there wasnt an update def available yet, and to put in a request. I've been browsing the romraider forum for a while and havent seen even any beta 12's available. TP probably developed the roms and updates exclusively for themselves.
Still weighing out my options(1), AP, stage 1 then stage 2 already pre-loaded. Roughly $600? Then custom stage 2+tune eventually +/- $200.
Option 2, Open source, tactrix cable, plus AFR meter, +/- $200 a piece, plus custom tunes per stage, again +/-200. I'm assuming for e-tune, tuners allow touch-ups for minors modifications?
To me an AP sounds better at this point, but knowing that an e-tune is purely custom for my car, I think I would feel a lot more at ease.
BTW pmcut, what exhaust are your running? Was about to buy the Agency Power for my Sedan but as I was about to submit my order, when Agency Power notified me that they're releasing a Ti version in a couple weeks.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:42 AM   #19
pmccut
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Interesting. Wasn't aware until you informed me about TP's 12 offering. Originally about 3 weeks ago I contacted Cobb and PhatBotti for an E-tune. Ron said there wasnt an update def available yet, and to put in a request. I've been browsing the romraider forum for a while and havent seen even any beta 12's available. TP probably developed the roms and updates exclusively for themselves.
Still weighing out my options(1), AP, stage 1 then stage 2 already pre-loaded. Roughly $600? Then custom stage 2+tune eventually +/- $200.
Option 2, Open source, tactrix cable, plus AFR meter, +/- $200 a piece, plus custom tunes per stage, again +/-200. I'm assuming for e-tune, tuners allow touch-ups for minors modifications?
To me an AP sounds better at this point, but knowing that an e-tune is purely custom for my car, I think I would feel a lot more at ease.
BTW pmcut, what exhaust are your running? Was about to buy the Agency Power for my Sedan but as I was about to submit my order, when Agency Power notified me that they're releasing a Ti version in a couple weeks.
I keep refreshing this page hoping COBB will chime in..

I went with CNT cat-back because it was suppper cheap and the company that makes it is really close by so I didn't have to wait for shipping. I've spent hours listening to the exhaust clips and I don't think I'd be able to recognize most of them apart so I just went the cheapo route.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #20
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccut View Post
I keep refreshing this page hoping COBB will chime in..

I went with CNT cat-back because it was suppper cheap and the company that makes it is really close by so I didn't have to wait for shipping. I've spent hours listening to the exhaust clips and I don't think I'd be able to recognize most of them apart so I just went the cheapo route.
We are still working on getting a 2012 WRX and STi into one of our Cobb-branded shops and testing the new 2012 software/firmware as well as verifying the mapping (running the car on the dyno, etc.). We have some prospects set up for this, but it has not happened yet. Once that is complete and we are satisfied that everything is ready to go, then we will release a firmware update so that 2012 WRX/STi owners can update their SUB-003 AccessPORT and install it to their car. We don't have an ETA at this point because it depends on getting the vehicles in, which is not something we can completely control (people can cancel, etc).

Bill
Old 12-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
ande7824
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289032
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning
We are still working on getting a 2012 WRX and STi into one of our Cobb-branded shops and testing the new 2012 software/firmware as well as verifying the mapping (running the car on the dyno, etc.). We have some prospects set up for this, but it has not happened yet. Once that is complete and we are satisfied that everything is ready to go, then we will release a firmware update so that 2012 WRX/STi owners can update their SUB-003 AccessPORT and install it to their car. We don't have an ETA at this point because it depends on getting the vehicles in, which is not something we can completely control (people can cancel, etc).

Bill
Do you think you will be releasing the maps with the cobb sf and aem intakes at the same time or later on?
ande7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #22
NaStIc
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sdn SWP
TP Stage 1

Same time
Old 12-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #23
ande7824
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289032
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaStIc
Same time
Well...looks like I know where going on my christmas list...
ande7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #24
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande7824 View Post
Do you think you will be releasing the maps with the cobb sf and aem intakes at the same time or later on?
That would be our goal, barring any unexpected issue that would prevent us from doing so.

Bill
Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #25
pmccut
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post

Bill
Thanks Bill, this definitely helps me decide how to proceed. At least one person mentioned you guys turned them down in Portland since there were other cars lined up to do the testing, so I thought this was closer to completion. I'm too impatient with all the parts sitting in my closet. I ordered one of the Tactrix cables to go the open source route, will return the AP.