Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

How it started


Then it grew...
I will be going over the build and updating on new build info as it happens. This is my STI and all the fun that comes along with it. My advice to anyone wanting to get out and start tracking their car is to take it slow, mainly focus on learning how to drive. I like to take the car out to Willow Springs on the Streets, Big Willow, Chuckwalla, AAA, Buttonwillow and get out there and improve my times. I am always looking for other people who want to hit the track and if you have any pointers I am more than willing to listen. In the beginning the car made 297 whp and 337 ftp, it has gone around streets CW in 1:27.xx and CCW 1:26.xx, Big Willow at 1:35, Button Willow in 2:02.xx Now she has taken on a whole new attitude with 430hp and 480tq! Track Times These are on Coilovers Streets CCW: 1:23.9x Streets CW: 1:24.3x Big Willow: 1:27.384 TA Overall Street Class Record Button Willow: 1:53.207 AAA: 1:45.394 TA Overall Street Class Record Chuckwalla CW: 1:59.781 TA Overall Street Class Record These times are on Lowering Springs Streets CCW: 1:26.9x Streets CW: 1:26.84x Horse Thief: 1:13.xx in a Miata Big Willow: 1:35.129 Button Willow: 2:02.1
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by mjfubar101; 12-11-2013 at 10:29 PM.
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Just got these from GTSPEC and all I can say is WOW! They are amazing looking and should help alleviate some binding issues the bushing were inducing. Can't wait to install them!
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
xirallicgdb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247850
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi
CGM '07 Forester

Default

very nice! Is the car running an autopower roll bar?
xirallicgdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Thanks, yes it is.
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
gmhracer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267343
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2006 STI
White

Default

Car looks great! I admire it every day I see it at work. I work across from Yimi at the shop with all the vette's out front.
gmhracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhracer View Post
Car looks great! I admire it every day I see it at work. I work across from Yimi at the shop with all the vette's out front.
Thanks, ya I know a few Vette guys that have been tuned there rpm right?
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

wow good to see you have a thread here on nasioc too!
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
gmhracer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267343
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern California
Vehicle:
2006 STI
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfubar101 View Post
Thanks, ya I know a few Vette guys that have been tuned there rpm right?
Yes sir RPM is the place.
gmhracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default



Going way back here is one if my first track days with my STI, thought I was smart to take it up. At the time I was stage II with no suspension mods.
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
AnthonyWang
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 292823
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Gardena/Riverside
Vehicle:
2003 WRX EJ207
TEC 20G 8cm

Default

Any engine bay pictures? Styling/Aerodynamics looks on point.
AnthonyWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Here is a way back stage II pic

And how it looks now
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Latest parts from GTSPEC light and great looking
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #13
xirallicgdb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247850
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi
CGM '07 Forester

Default

I really like your IC pipe routing. I was thinking about trying to notch the bottom of the bucket out and go under the headlight as well.. Nice to see it done!

Are you running an apr wing? If so, how is it's functionality? I really wanted to get a kognition but I think it would be overkill for my dd and eventually weekend warrior. I'm leaning more towards an apr 300.
xirallicgdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirallicgdb View Post
I really like your IC pipe routing. I was thinking about trying to notch the bottom of the bucket out and go under the headlight as well.. Nice to see it done! Are you running an apr wing? If so, how is it's functionality? I really wanted to get a kognition but I think it would be overkill for my dd and eventually weekend warrior. I'm leaning more towards an apr 300.
Yes the ic piping route that we took allows for minimal amount of piping which is a plus.
I have run the 61 inch gtc300 apr wing and now am running the 67 inch gtc300 apr wing and it is definitely functional. One of the only thing that I dislike about the kog wing is having to cut large slits in your rear quarter panel. The APR is a very nice piece easy to mount and provides a great amount of downforce.
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

This is from when a good friend from Eastside Muffler helped me put in my exedy clutch for the 2013 season.
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #16
dgykduyqing
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 376917
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default

Just got these from GTSPEC and all I can say is WOW!

Last edited by dgykduyqing; 12-24-2013 at 10:42 PM.
dgykduyqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
thisisthenewsic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 156829
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: murrieta/south of riverside
Vehicle:
05 legacygt,00 OBS
red 95 supercharged nsx

Default

You are still running a maf setup? No speed density??

430whp and 480wtq on 91?
What's your fuel system looking like??
thisisthenewsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisthenewsic View Post
You are still running a maf setup? No speed density?? 430whp and 480wtq on 91? What's your fuel system looking like??
With the EFR6258 it would be impossible on 91, those numbers are on E85. The fuel system at the moment is simple 255 walbro in take pump with surge tank with external pump. Fuel injector clinic 1100cc injectors and top feed rails (converter being a 2006 STI).
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #19
xirallicgdb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247850
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi
CGM '07 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfubar101 View Post
Yes the ic piping route that we took allows for minimal amount of piping which is a plus.
I have run the 61 inch gtc300 apr wing and now am running the 67 inch gtc300 apr wing and it is definitely functional. One of the only thing that I dislike about the kog wing is having to cut large slits in your rear quarter panel. The APR is a very nice piece easy to mount and provides a great amount of downforce.
Thanks for the feedback on the wing! Did you have the front splitter fitted before, after, or at the same time as the wing? I'm wondering what the effects of running the wing without a front splitter would be?
I got rid of my oe spoiler in preparation for a wing and have noticed a bit of a light rear end at speed. I know the oe spoiler just helps to reduce lift rather than create downforce, but it is noticeable NOT having anything back there.

I'm also curious what the differences were between the 61" vs. 67" chord? I was thinking of going with the 67" since the stock body is around 68" iirc, and from the brief research i've done, clubs and sanctions won't allow you to run a wider wing than the body.
xirallicgdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirallicgdb View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the wing! Did you have the front splitter fitted before, after, or at the same time as the wing? I'm wondering what the effects of running the wing without a front splitter would be? I got rid of my oe spoiler in preparation for a wing and have noticed a bit of a light rear end at speed. I know the oe spoiler just helps to reduce lift rather than create downforce, but it is noticeable NOT having anything back there. I'm also curious what the differences were between the 61" vs. 67" chord? I was thinking of going with the 67" since the stock body is around 68" iirc, and from the brief research i've done, clubs and sanctions won't allow you to run a wider wing than the body.
I installed both wing and splitter at the same time, however I have run the car without the splitter and the results are obviously a huge amount of understeer even with the wing completely dialed out. I ran the 61 most of the year and then switched to the 67 in an attempt to reduce the amount of angle I would have to put into the wing to create the ideal amount of downforce and it does work. Like you stated going 67 makes sense as most only allow the wing to be as wide as the body which the 67 fits in nicely.
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #21
thisisthenewsic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 156829
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: murrieta/south of riverside
Vehicle:
05 legacygt,00 OBS
red 95 supercharged nsx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfubar101 View Post
With the EFR6258 it would be impossible on 91, those numbers are on E85. The fuel system at the moment is simple 255 walbro in take pump with surge tank with external pump. Fuel injector clinic 1100cc injectors and top feed rails (converter being a 2006 STI).
Nice! Been following your Facebook page for a while now.
But didn't know how you have your efr kit setup as far as fuel goes.
Just got done having my motor built and I'm doing a full race 8375 non efr kit.
Same fuel setup but I plan to run but with 2150cc injectors.

Gonna turn down the boost on e85 for when I track it as running 550+ on the track would be one hell of a job to keep control of.
I Wanna make it out to a few redline/extreme speed Events this year.
thisisthenewsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #22
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisthenewsic View Post
Nice! Been following your Facebook page for a while now. But didn't know how you have your efr kit setup as far as fuel goes. Just got done having my motor built and I'm doing a full race 8375 non efr kit. Same fuel setup but I plan to run but with 2150cc injectors. Gonna turn down the boost on e85 for when I track it as running 550+ on the track would be one hell of a job to keep control of. I Wanna make it out to a few redline/extreme speed Events this year.
Nice, thank you for the support. Actually it looks like I will be going to the 2150cc injectors as well. Are you going with fuel injector clinic? Actually it looks like I will be doing quite a bit of upgrades in the near future so stay tuned.
Little teaser... Motor build, better power supporting mods and the big one...
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
thisisthenewsic
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 156829
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: murrieta/south of riverside
Vehicle:
05 legacygt,00 OBS
red 95 supercharged nsx

Default

Yes, I got fic 2150s. Got a killer deal on brand new ones from a member on here. Yeah I just did my built motor cuz my motor had 141k on it and headgaskets went at subiefest track day. Looking forward to your future build.
thisisthenewsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
mjfubar101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Default

I started a blog and website check it out if you have some time.

www.jagerracing.net
mjfubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #25
mkvaron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326317
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
SSM

Default

Website is really cool! I ran a few Extreme Speed events in 2013/2012 & remember seeing your car, it was FAST at WSIR. Really fast... Excited to see what comes next!!!
mkvaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.