Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday November 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
SubeySTi2011
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303722
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STi
White

Default Back to stock after Stage ?

I wanted to make sure I have this info correct.

I have a new 2011 STi.

I want to go Stage 1 or 2 but of course don't want to lose the precious warranty.

If I need to take it to the dealer, I just need to uninstall the AP an it will put the ECU back to factory specs and I can take to Dealer without issues.

Is this correct?

Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubeySTi2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
bobssecrtsn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303920
Vehicle:
2015 Sedan
CWP

i beleive so, the accessport makes a copy of the default map before it reflash's it.. welll thats what it said when i reflashed mine
bobssecrtsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubeySTi2011 View Post
I wanted to make sure I have this info correct.

I have a new 2011 STi.

I want to go Stage 1 or 2 but of course don't want to lose the precious warranty.

If I need to take it to the dealer, I just need to uninstall the AP an it will put the ECU back to factory specs and I can take to Dealer without issues.

Is this correct?

Thanks
Uninstalling the AccessPORT (v2) will put the original ECU image back on that was present when you installed the AccessPORT. Even though the AccessPORT restores the original ECU image, we cannot make a guarantee that Subaru does not have a means of indirectly determining that the ECU was previously flashed. We have never seen evidence that they have this capability, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that they may give access to it in the future. Subaru can be very sneaky about implementing this kind of functionality, so it is difficult to say with any certainty.

That said, a dealer can also deny a warranty claim based on physical modifications such as a downpipe or an intake. Even if these are removed, if there is evidence that they may have been installed (such as the downpipe bolts being tampered with), they may also use that as a reason to deny a claim even though the parts are not on the car when you bring it in.

We recommend finding a mod friendly Subaru dealer to work with. Some may be more willing to work with you on mild mods such as the stage 1 mapping and such. This is no guarantee when it comes time to file a warranty claim, but it is your best bet.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
SubeySTi2011
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303722
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STi
White

Thanks
SubeySTi2011 is offline   Reply With Quote