Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday February 6, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-08-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
ynwa1130
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 359144
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin white pearl

Default swapping a 2010 wrx to a 2010 sti motor what is needed

have a guy local to me in missouri and he has a stock sti motor for sale what is needed to swap the sti motor into a wrx i know the turbo's are different and some wiring would need to be done to complete it but i am not even sure where to start and would like some advice. sold the street series motor that was in the car and am working on a build but wanna get the car running before the build is complete
ynwa1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
smokeroors
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 330232
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 no more subarus
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynwa1130 View Post
have a guy local to me in missouri and he has a stock sti motor for sale what is needed to swap the sti motor into a wrx i know the turbo's are different and some wiring would need to be done to complete it but i am not even sure where to start and would like some advice. sold the street series motor that was in the car and am working on a build but wanna get the car running before the build is complete
The engine you currently have in your car (ej255) is so close to the sti (ej257) that this wouldnt be worth your time or money. Or do you have a blown engine and youre trying to figure out if you can drop his spare into your car?

edit: read that again and it sounds like you dont have any engine in this car at the moment. I used to live in STL. Call up ecotech and talk to them about what you want to do. they will give you good advice. Im also assuming that was a vigilant motorsports block since you said street series. Why did you sell that? He builds great engines.

Last edited by smokeroors; 11-16-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: cant read
smokeroors is offline   Reply With Quote