Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
maxx686
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 287807
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Blue

Default 2011 wrx Ap stage 1 aem 91 oct CA

I just put in the aem cai and the car seems to have lost power and low end torque. Im running the ap stage 1 aem normal boost level but only reaching 15.2 psi on a hard pull. I put in the hwg map and then i was boosting at 17 psi. With the hwg it felt faster obviously but the low end was still not there and i don't want to over boost. I know there is a +/- 0.8 psi but when i was running the stage 1 map with the stock car it would hit perfect 15 psi every time and the car felt way better. What i was wondering is the car sucking to much air in and having a hard time pushing it out, with the limited stock turbo back exhaust system therefore get a higher flowing system and run stage 2 or should i just get the car tuned? any suggestions would be help full thanks!

Sorry for my english

maxx
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
maxx686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx686 View Post
I just put in the aem cai and the car seems to have lost power and low end torque. Im running the ap stage 1 aem normal boost level but only reaching 15.2 psi on a hard pull. I put in the hwg map and then i was boosting at 17 psi. With the hwg it felt faster obviously but the low end was still not there and i don't want to over boost. I know there is a +/- 0.8 psi but when i was running the stage 1 map with the stock car it would hit perfect 15 psi every time and the car felt way better. What i was wondering is the car sucking to much air in and having a hard time pushing it out, with the limited stock turbo back exhaust system therefore get a higher flowing system and run stage 2 or should i just get the car tuned? any suggestions would be help full thanks!

Sorry for my english

maxx
Hi Maxx,

Whenever you reflash a new map, you reset all the learned parameters of the engine control unit (ECU). This can sometimes make the car feel a little soft for a period of time until the functions are "re-learned". Give it about a week and see if it still feels off. Also, make sure that you flashed the AEM map via the reflash and not the realtime function.

Stage 2 would be the next step as far as mods and you will see some noticeable gains from it. You will also generally see gains with a custom dyno tune, regardless of stage 1 or stage 2. This is because the map would be customized to your exact car (car-to-car variation and different local gas quality can make each car unique in how it responds to the tune). But, a custom tune is not a requirement to run the stage 1/2 map with AEM intake.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
maxx686
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 287807
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Blue

Thanks bill for the info!
maxx686 is offline   Reply With Quote