Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
12sechatch
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 132458
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kent, Wa
Vehicle:
Okie Dokie Fine

Default PDX Tuning.....??????????????

I'm getting mixed responses on the forum when I search around. Some say, PDX sold everything (they are in fact still in business), some say Jarrad is still tuning there....? Was there an ownership change? If they sold off the name/rights, how is the new shop??

I need to have a pre-purchase inspection done down in Portland, the guy originally had it tuned at PDX (years ago) and says he works close to them. Assuming its still the same guys from before, I'd like to take it there.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 12sechatch; 01-06-2012 at 12:01 PM.
12sechatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
JasonLHall
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 111318
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

bing search newb (doesn't say if ithey are still in business but, their contact info is still posted on the interwebs)

http://www.pdxtuning.com/contact.htm


Phone: 503-840-0850
Fax: NA
Email: sales@pdxtuning.com
Address:
PDXTuning
2525 NW 25th Pl, Portland OR 97210


Shop Hours:
Monday - Friday 9a.m. - 5p.m PST.
Saturday - Appointment Only

Last edited by JasonLHall; 01-06-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Jim Kelly told me to or he would karate chop me
JasonLHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
tazswing
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63767
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
2009 OXT 5-spd
2011 STi hatch

Default

You can get in touch with Jarred, i believe he is still tuning.

The facility you are referring to is now one of the flag-ship COBB tuning facilities and the name is Surgeline Tuning. The shop recently expanded, too.

Try calling both, go with whatever feels right.
tazswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
12sechatch
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 132458
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kent, Wa
Vehicle:
Okie Dokie Fine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLHall View Post
blah blah blah
yes, i found all of that too. Even called them, just no answer as of yet; might be too early still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazswing View Post
You can get in touch with Jarred, i believe he is still tuning.

The facility you are referring to is now one of the flag-ship COBB tuning facilities and the name is Surgeline Tuning. The shop recently expanded, too.

Try calling both, go with whatever feels right.
The address that is listed on the PDX tuning site (see above) is north portland, but surgeline is down in Tigard. I was under the impression Surgeline took it over too, but with the mixed messages, i wasn't sure.
12sechatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
02redwagone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87067
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Oregon Coast/AK
Vehicle:
02 Old but tasty
SRP

Default

Jerred is /was in north Portland off 25th whatever when I got tuned there by him as mr pdx tuning post tim era.

Was two years ago now. Good tune though. Great really.

Last edited by 02redwagone; 01-06-2012 at 12:59 PM.
02redwagone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
tobigforhisshoes
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251434
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland
Vehicle:
04 WRX
WRB 319/285 bobby tuned!

Default

......

Edit: never mind

Last edited by tobigforhisshoes; 01-06-2012 at 12:54 PM.
tobigforhisshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
12sechatch
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 132458
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kent, Wa
Vehicle:
Okie Dokie Fine

Default

just had a long conversation with Jarrad, they are most definitely NOT closed. They are in the process of expanding currently and he was mentioning hiring someone shortly to handle their online presence.

Moral of the story, they are open, I am taking the car there, I trust him and his reputation.
12sechatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Subie Gal
GC84Ever
Super Moderator
 
Member#: 301
Join Date: Sep 1999
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: WA
Vehicle:
1970 FF-1 & '70 Van
02 WRX/01 RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12sechatch View Post
just had a long conversation with Jarrad, they are most definitely NOT closed. They are in the process of expanding currently and he was mentioning hiring someone shortly to handle their online presence.

Moral of the story, they are open, I am taking the car there, I trust him and his reputation.

This ^^^^

Jarrad will do an excellent job. Let us know how it goes!
Subie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
mattGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 97495
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bend, OR
Vehicle:
2013 Outback 3.6R
GGM

Default

The 25th Pl. address is Vollgas Motorwerks which houses the Mustang dyno that Jarrad tunes on.

He's been tuning my car since 2005 and has helped me a lot.
mattGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
Taylor Davis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 279322
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA.
Vehicle:
2007 STI limited
SWP

Default

Was just wondering since this is about pdx does anyone know what a dyno protune for an Accessport from them runs? Don't know if it matters but stage 2 is what I'm looking at or stage 3 possibly.
Taylor Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
TrickNipple
moon moon
Moderator
 
Member#: 86213
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Wild wild Northwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Davis View Post
Was just wondering since this is about pdx does anyone know what a dyno protune for an Accessport from them runs? Don't know if it matters but stage 2 is what I'm looking at or stage 3 possibly.
$1,000,000


Or you could, you know, search. There is a vendor classifieds section here.
TrickNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
mattGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 97495
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bend, OR
Vehicle:
2013 Outback 3.6R
GGM

Default

mattGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #13
tazswing
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63767
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
2009 OXT 5-spd
2011 STi hatch

Default

I personally would and do take my car to Surgeline since it is everything under one roof. I have personal reasons for this as well, both good and bad.

But at the end of the day it is about the relationship you feel you can have with a tuner and not all personalities match.
tazswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
12sechatch
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 132458
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kent, Wa
Vehicle:
Okie Dokie Fine

Default

dyno tunes are pretty much the same cost no matter where you go, they're all around $400+/-
12sechatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
hillsboro
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84823
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
11 STI
05 Outback XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattGT
The 25th Pl. address is Vollgas Motorwerks which houses the Mustang dyno that Jarrad tunes on.

He's been tuning my car since 2005 and has helped me a lot.
For a more convoluted story; Volgas is owned by Sean Logan who started GP Moto. A GP Moto stage 3 kit is what was on my bugeye when I went from a Unichip to an Ecutek. The tuning was done by Jarred. The circle of life continues. Blah, blah, blah.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazswing
I personally would and do take my car to Surgeline since it is everything under one roof. I have personal reasons for this as well, both good and bad.

But at the end of the day it is about the relationship you feel you can have with a tuner and not all personalities match.
There is piece of mind in a shop that has enough backing to pay for your car should something happen. But, I wouldn't go anywhere I wasn't comfortable. It just reminds me of having to go to the shop and then down to use the matrix dyno with all the Audi jagoffs.
hillsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
tazswing
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63767
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
2009 OXT 5-spd
2011 STi hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsboro View Post
then down to use the matrix dyno with all the Audi jagoffs.


However, I have been in a race-prepped, 00' S4 bi-turbo on the track and let me tell ya, wow!!
tazswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #17
hillsboro
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84823
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
11 STI
05 Outback XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazswing



However, I have been in a race-prepped, 00' S4 bi-turbo on the track and let me tell ya, wow!!
They are sweet, don't get me wrong. The crowd at matrix wasn't real hospitable the few times I was there.
hillsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
da3bous
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 95340
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
05 STI
White

Default

.....

Last edited by da3bous; 01-08-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: delete???
da3bous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
sterile stork
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 91704
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: pdx
Vehicle:
2008 BMW E92 M3
Alpine White III

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsboro View Post
For a more convoluted story; Volgas is owned by Sean Logan who started GP Moto. A GP Moto stage 3 kit is what was on my bugeye when I went from a Unichip to an Ecutek. The tuning was done by Jarred. The circle of life continues. Blah, blah, blah.......
I have to correct you on your point. Vollgas is neither owned, nor affiliated with Sean or GPMoto. Aside from GPMoto having access to the Mustang Dyno and sharing physical facilities, they are independent businesses, operated by different individuals.

As Vollgas is one of a few companies that invested into an AWD Mustang Dyno, its services have been utilized by choice tuners/developers from within the region. Hopefully that helps clarify some/any confusion
sterile stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #20
GDB FAN
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 105814
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
two V8's..
'murica

Default

^
GPMoto is still in business? I haven't heard anything about them in years.

I thought PDX tunings' old shop is now COBB/surgelines place out in portland. (72nd Ave)
GDB FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
hillsboro
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84823
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
11 STI
05 Outback XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork

I have to correct you on your point. Vollgas is neither owned, nor affiliated with Sean or GPMoto. Aside from GPMoto having access to the Mustang Dyno and sharing physical facilities, they are independent businesses, operated by different individuals.

As Vollgas is one of a few companies that invested into an AWD Mustang Dyno, its services have been utilized by choice tuners/developers from within the region. Hopefully that helps clarify some/any confusion
Last time I was at Vollgas Sean was manning the BBQ and his old forester is in there, with a big GP Moto banner on the wall. I didn't meet or see anyone associated with Vollgas. I just figured he was part of Vollgas, but I know you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB FAN
^
GPMoto is still in business? I haven't heard anything about them in years.

I thought PDX tunings' old shop is now COBB/surgelines place out in portland. (72nd Ave)
The Stork knows if GP Moto is actually in business or if you can buy anything I'm betting.

Old PDX tuning shop is Cobb/Surgeline on 72nd.

Last edited by hillsboro; 01-24-2013 at 07:37 PM.
hillsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #22
Benenya
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 263303
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Puget Sound
Vehicle:
2004 Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NippLickert View Post
$1,000,000


Or you could, you know, search. There is a vendor classifieds section here.
Why can't you ever help anyone?
Benenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #23
Dena
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134874
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

He did help him; an accessport will cost around 550-600 and a dyno tune will be roughly 400ish.
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
MrMorninwood
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112148
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Stroking the Furry Walls
Vehicle:
I feel like I'm
in "2 Fast 2 furious."

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benenya View Post
Why can't you ever help anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NippLickert View Post
Or you could, you know, search. There is a vendor classifieds section here.
He did help, by telling him that if he searched, there is in fact, a vendor classifieds section.
MrMorninwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
Andrew025
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 303408
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
04 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NippLickert View Post
$1,000,000


Or you could, you know, search. There is a vendor classifieds section here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
He did help him; an accessport will cost around 550-600 and a dyno tune will be roughly 400ish.
600+400 = 1,000,000

Andrew025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PDX Tuning - Houston Tuning Day Results Geoff Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 7 12-09-2009 10:13 PM
PDX Tuning Coming to Houston - Open Source, Ecutek, AccessPort, UTEC Tuning Geoff Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 53 10-14-2009 11:27 PM
GI: Jarrad Bowen of pdx tuning comes to so cal for pre Subie Fest tuning Powerman20 Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 1 08-04-2008 07:46 PM
FS: PDX Tuning STG4 GT30R KIT, EVERYTHING! W/PDX Tuning Map rbrjr82 Engine/Power/Exhaust 19 05-04-2008 12:44 PM
Possible Tuning/Dyno Day by PDX tuning at EL meld Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 30 01-04-2007 11:35 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.