Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 299863
Default Datalog - 2011 WRX Stage 1 + SF Intake

Hey,

Just installed my Stage 1 with the intake and i'm loving it so far.
I did a data log as I was concerned about knock and im hoping you guys can take a look and assure me everything is good! It looks like I may not be reaching max boost either.

Thanks in advance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WlOdU96bjY3Rnc
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
matt2WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2WRX View Post
Hey,

Just installed my Stage 1 with the intake and i'm loving it so far.
I did a data log as I was concerned about knock and im hoping you guys can take a look and assure me everything is good! It looks like I may not be reaching max boost either.

Thanks in advance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WlOdU96bjY3Rnc
Hi there. What octane gas are you running and what octane map did you flash to the car? Can you go to "Tune" -> "Show Current Map" on the AccessPORT and post what the reflash and realtime slots show? Do you have any other mods besides the SF intake?

Your log has one count of knock during the run and you are underboosting. The one count of knock correction isn't a huge deal based just on one log, but we'll want to make sure all the basics are covered first and go from there.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Hi Bill,

First of thanks for looking. Both the realtime and reflash are the Stage1+SF 91 MTv300.
I am running 91 octane, also I live in Alberta, Canada. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
The SF Intake is the only other modification I currently have. The car is otherwise stock.

Thanks

Matthew
Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Hi Bill,

First of thanks for looking. Both the realtime and reflash are the Stage1+SF 91 MTv300.
I am running 91 octane, also I live in Alberta, Canada. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
The SF Intake is the only other modification I currently have. The car is otherwise stock.

Thanks

Matthew
Matthew,

I would go ahead and reflash the ACN91 map. It is more conservative than the "regular" 91 map. Based on the feedback knock during the WOT run, it appears that your gas quality may be a little worse than the typical 91 gas (could be a fluke, but best to error on the side of caution).

Bill
Old 01-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the help. Not sure if this makes a difference but that log was done a few hours after install.

Altitude is 3450'.

I'm getting a Perrin Catback, will that change anything?

Also I have 94 octane available here however it has 10% ethanol. Is that something to consider?

Thanks

Last edited by matt2WRX; 01-11-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the help. Not sure if this makes a difference but that log was done a few hours after install.

Altitude is 3450'.

I'm getting a Perrin Catback, will that change anything?

Also I have 94 octane available here however it has 10% ethanol. Is that something to consider?

Thanks
Catback shouldn't make any difference. I don't see a lot of logs from cars in Canada, but from the small group that I've seen, it appears that the knock resistance for the given octane is less than the typical gas here in the U.S. Even the 94 doesn't seem to perform the same as our 93. That may or may not be correct, but that is what is seems like so far.

Bill
Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Bill,

I'm going to do another data log and see if the map being Installed for a couple of days makes a difference to the knock. If not I'll change to the ACN91 map. If I do install that map and am still Underboosting should I use the HWG map and post another log?

How much power can i expect to lose running the ACN91 map?
Thanks

Last edited by matt2WRX; 01-12-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Thanks Bill,

I'm going to do another data log and see if the map being Installed for a couple of days makes a difference to the knock. If not I'll change to the ACN91 map. If I do install that map and am still Underboosting should I use the HWG map and post another log?

How much power can i expect to lose running the ACN91 map?
Thanks
Very little (less that 0.5% peak HP) - unlikely that you would even notice the difference between the 91 and ACN91 map.

Bill
Old 01-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Hi Bill,

I took another log. This is running the same Stage 1+SF 91 octane.
No other mods accept the intake of course.

Altitude 3450'

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Th4R1Rzc3IyLXc

Thanks for looking.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Hi Bill,

I took another log. This is running the same Stage 1+SF 91 octane.
No other mods accept the intake of course.

Altitude 3450'

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Th4R1Rzc3IyLXc

Thanks for looking.
No knock in that log and everything looks good - the previous feedback knock may have been a fluke, but I would do some additional logs to be sure. You may want to consider just flashing the ACN91 map to be on the safe side, especially if you see the feedback knock again in any future WOT logs.

Bill
Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Will do Bill. Seeing as isn't so little power loss between the 2 it may be worth it. Is the boost good or should I consider a HWG? Also is af learning looking good?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Will do Bill. Seeing as isn't so little power loss between the 2 it may be worth it. Is the boost good or should I consider a HWG? Also is af learning looking good?
Boost is good. AF Learning is a little extreme in parts of the log - I would probably go back over your intake install to make sure you didn't introduce any leaks (and anything else you may have messed with in the past like the intercooler).

Bill
Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Hi Bill

I installed a Perrin Cat-Back and Im hoping you can take a look at these data logs and make sure the boost, AF learning, and knock all look correct.

Thanks in advance

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uNE42RXc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qWWdfMFE#gid=0
Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Hi Bill

I installed a Perrin Cat-Back and Im hoping you can take a look at these data logs and make sure the boost, AF learning, and knock all look correct.

Thanks in advance

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uNE42RXc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qWWdfMFE#gid=0
Permissions need to be set to public for first log. In second log you have one borderline range of A/F Learning (-6.25) - it might be nothing, but I would keep driving and monitor A, B, C, D values to see if it gets worse. Otherwise, the log looks good, just watch boost in higher gears (you have a very slight boost spike). There is some fine knock learning, but that can be normal for these cars due to lift-throttle after WOT events. Overall, I would still take a few more WOT logs to verify that everything is good.

Bill
Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #15
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Will do a few more logs and look them over.

Would it be worth switching to the ACN map to be on the safe side?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Will do a few more logs and look them over.

Would it be worth switching to the ACN map to be on the safe side?
Yes, in your case, I would switch to the ACN map.

Bill
Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Looking at the boost would a hwg map be required?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Looking at the boost would a hwg map be required?
The HWG map would be if you were underboosting. You are actually fine as far as boost is concerned - just check to make sure you are not overboosting when you go WOT in higher gears as you have a very slight boost spike in the log (which could be worse in higher gears). If anything, that would require the LWG map if it turns out to be a problem.

Bill
Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #19
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Here is my ACN data log. How does this look? Still concerned about boost spike and knock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lNvcnNjN3FjRGc
Old 01-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Here is my ACN data log. How does this look? Still concerned about boost spike and knock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lNvcnNjN3FjRGc
The log looks fine. I wouldn't worry about the fine knock learning - it is based on past perceived knock (likely lift throttle false knock in this case) and it has already started to learn towards zero. Take a few more logs in the future and you'll be able to see if there's any pattern or not.

Bill
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #21
matt2WRX
Scooby Newbie

Hi Bill

Slightly unrelated question, my car is going in tomorrow to have a remote starter put in. Im assuming they're going to disconnect my battery. My Reflash map is the Stage 1 + SF 91 and the Realtime is the Stage 1 + SF ACN91. When they disconnect the battery will it revert back to the reflash map and will I have to install the ACN map again?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Hi Bill

Slightly unrelated question, my car is going in tomorrow to have a remote starter put in. Im assuming they're going to disconnect my battery. My Reflash map is the Stage 1 + SF 91 and the Realtime is the Stage 1 + SF ACN91. When they disconnect the battery will it revert back to the reflash map and will I have to install the ACN map again?

Thanks
Yes, it will revert to the reflash map. Realtime should be thought as a temporary location to quickly switch to a particular map (anti-theft, valet, fuel economy, etc.). If you want to run the ACN91 map more long-term, then you should always reflash it.

Bill