Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #2576
imcausinmadrukis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318978
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
saw this exhaust on eBay so I contacted the seller asking about it. They said they were able to mount it to their 2012 with no modification except for cutting the rear bumper...we shall see.




http://www.cntracing.com/CNT-08-10-S...p/cb-08sub.htm
Is it just me or is the exhaust in the picture not the same exhaust picture they are selling?

The tips look different unless you can order a different finish tip.

PROVE ME WRONG THOUGH!

I would love to invest if it were true.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
imcausinmadrukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #2577
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Do a quick eBay search. They have both chrome, and bare/blue.

I was thinking the same thing. Not a fan of the burnt tip look..
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #2578
kinger37
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324423
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
ISM

Default

You are correct, this exhaust is offered in the polished or burnt. The individual on eBay was selling the burnt ones. I ended up going for the polished look. The website I got it from had a 5% off coupon as well as free shipping. Ordered it today for just under 500 bucks and they shipped it today as well. I'll keep you guys updated
kinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #2579
tenaciousZ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific NW
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
You are correct, this exhaust is offered in the polished or burnt. The individual on eBay was selling the burnt ones. I ended up going for the polished look. The website I got it from had a 5% off coupon as well as free shipping. Ordered it today for just under 500 bucks and they shipped it today as well. I'll keep you guys updated
Nice! love the quad tips. I'm curious how that 3" pipe (70mm) is gonna feel tho.. I was only planning on 2.25 for what I'm going to have put together, mostly because a SPT exhaust for a WRX with 3" pipe another member modded to fit lost low end power but I definitely have my fingers crossed that u have better luck. That WRX exhaust, however, did sound like we all wish our 2.0i would.. Keep us posted!
tenaciousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #2580
Dirt Bringer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340297
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5sp Prm
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
saw this exhaust on eBay so I contacted the seller asking about it. They said they were able to mount it to their 2012 with no modification except for cutting the rear bumper...we shall see.




http://www.cntracing.com/CNT-08-10-S...p/cb-08sub.htm
Is it just me, or does that thing have a lift kit?
Dirt Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #2581
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
You are correct, this exhaust is offered in the polished or burnt. The individual on eBay was selling the burnt ones. I ended up going for the polished look. The website I got it from had a 5% off coupon as well as free shipping. Ordered it today for just under 500 bucks and they shipped it today as well. I'll keep you guys updated
Why not the brz version, it has smaller piping and probably therefore better for our engine?
flyboy1100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #2582
kinger37
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324423
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
ISM

Default

I actually have the SPT set up on my car now. I noticed a loss of low end torque but nothing too significant. From what I know the BRZ exhaust required a good amount of modification to get it to fit our cars. If this guy is right it should bolt up with no modification required. I think Reverend mentioned he noticed a loss of power and the drone of the SPT exhaust was unbearable for him. The loss of power wasn't as noticable to me nor the sound overwhelming. I think it has to do with the difference in transmissions, he has the CVT and I have the 5 speed.
kinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #2583
tenaciousZ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific NW
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
I actually have the SPT set up on my car now. I noticed a loss of low end torque but nothing too significant. From what I know the BRZ exhaust required a good amount of modification to get it to fit our cars. If this guy is right it should bolt up with no modification required. I think Reverend mentioned he noticed a loss of power and the drone of the SPT exhaust was unbearable for him. The loss of power wasn't as noticable to me nor the sound overwhelming. I think it has to do with the difference in transmissions, he has the CVT and I have the 5 speed.
That'd good to know the loss is negligible and I can see how the CVT whine could definitely have contributed to an excess of noise tho, I takes some getting used to..

As I recall the BRZ exhaust just needed 3 extra inches of length added to the mid pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post

Why not the brz version, it has smaller piping and probably therefore better for our engine?
I looked at that too, seems like a good match at 60mm (about 2.3") but no quad tips :-\ I guess you could add them..
tenaciousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #2584
subaru222
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 92967
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: socal
Vehicle:
2003 wrx sedan
psm

Default

Frs/brz cat back is worth it for sure.

Just 3extra inches of piping and that's it
subaru222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #2585
Mikevtellem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297071
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Newport News, Virginia
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
saw this exhaust on eBay so I contacted the seller asking about it. They said they were able to mount it to their 2012 with no modification except for cutting the rear bumper...we shall see.




http://www.cntracing.com/CNT-08-10-S...p/cb-08sub.htm

This guy is near me in VA beach. I saw it on Craigslist and was wondering the same thing. I was almost 100% certain it was not a direct bolt up.
Mikevtellem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #2586
tenaciousZ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific NW
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

My AEM dryflow filter just showed up at my doorstep.. Quality is great on initial inspection and I'm looking forward to installing it later today.

It's a drop in panel filter, as it's my understanding that no gains were found by their R&D team with a cold air intake. I'll post notes on the fit, any change in intake sound etc. later on.. Cheers.
tenaciousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #2587
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

It's basically a K&N, but instead of oiled it's a dry-flow. Had one of their cone filters on a car. Perfect if you're not about dat oiled filter lyfe.
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #2588
tenaciousZ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342279
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific NW
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Yea I had a K&N cone filter on another vehicle too, there was even a familiar K&N sticker in the box so a repair shop doesn't toss it in the trash lol.. It unleashed a nice intake sound and even made the bypass valve recirculation loud enough that I didn't envy the BOV sound other cars had.

The ridges on this dryflow filter are much deeper than my old K&N tho, and it's sorta heavy too which makes me feel good about its potential to clean dusty air..
tenaciousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #2589
webster354
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343343
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza 5dr Ltd
SWP

Default Rear bumper protector

I finally installed my rear bumper protector from C&C Car Worx. I'm glad I didn't get the clear OEM one from the dealer, as I like the look of this one much more.





webster354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #2590
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

^^ Looks nice from the pics. Is it a perfect fit, or are there any gaps?
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #2591
gregorz4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316869
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster354 View Post
I finally installed my rear bumper protector from C&C Car Worx. I'm glad I didn't get the clear OEM one from the dealer, as I like the look of this one much more.




I was going to order this too, but instead I ordered a flat black vinyl sticker of ebay for 10 bucks, cut it to shape and it works great. Hard rubber is probably better but the sticker works too
gregorz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #2592
MrLebreen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344816
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Black

Default

Sorry for the lack of knowledge but the link says its for the STI, does it still fit or have I got a different link? Im keen to get that burnt tip set up but in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
saw this exhaust on eBay so I contacted the seller asking about it. They said they were able to mount it to their 2012 with no modification except for cutting the rear bumper...we shall see.




http://www.cntracing.com/CNT-08-10-S...p/cb-08sub.htm
MrLebreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #2593
kinger37
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324423
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
ISM

Default

It is for an STI but I was told that it fits our car with no modificcation. My exhaust will be in on Tuesday, I'll let you know if it works
kinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #2594
MrLebreen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344816
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Black

Default

Sweet as cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger37 View Post
It is for an STI but I was told that it fits our car with no modificcation. My exhaust will be in on Tuesday, I'll let you know if it works
MrLebreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #2595
hi5.0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340456
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaciousZ View Post
My AEM dryflow filter just showed up at my doorstep.. Quality is great on initial inspection and I'm looking forward to installing it later today.

It's a drop in panel filter, as it's my understanding that no gains were found by their R&D team with a cold air intake. I'll post notes on the fit, any change in intake sound etc. later on.. Cheers.
Do you know the part number? Been looking to pick one up for myself. It would be nice if they made a cabin air filter too.
hi5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #2596
webster354
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343343
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza 5dr Ltd
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
^^ Looks nice from the pics. Is it a perfect fit, or are there any gaps?
The fit is very good and I didn't notice any gaps. I did have to prep. it a bit though (as suggested by another member) and sand the edges.
webster354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #2597
MrLebreen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344816
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Black

Default

Without trying to be JDM as F^ck has anyone put on a Tow Hook on there Hatch? or know anyone that has i cant find any threads and theres only one for installing a hitch but dont particularly want to buy a full set up if its not necessary.
MrLebreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #2598
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLebreen View Post
Without trying to be JDM as F^ck has anyone put on a Tow Hook on there Hatch? or know anyone that has i cant find any threads and theres only one for installing a hitch but dont particularly want to buy a full set up if its not necessary.
I'm planning on just taking two OEM tow hooks (the screw-in lollipop looking ones), spraying them black, and tossing them in both the front and rear holes on my wagon.. I'd get the other ones made for the screw in style (like the cusco), but I'm not paying $240 for two tow hooks.. lol And mine isn't really to be all mad JDM and for looks, but rather because I live in a climate that gets hit with winter pretty good and I am the recon vehicle at work. hahaha
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #2599
ronjr8102
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216040
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Worcester, MA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i5dr
dark metallic grey

Default

I used my oem tow hook to make a generic front license plate relocation kit. I cut off the round part and drilled and tapped a hole in the end and mounted the license plate.
I wanted one of the fold down tow hoks for the back. The oem one sticks out and don't want to hit my shins on it.
ronjr8102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #2600
MrLebreen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344816
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post

I'm planning on just taking two OEM tow hooks (the screw-in lollipop looking ones), spraying them black, and tossing them in both the front and rear holes on my wagon.. I'd get the other ones made for the screw in style (like the cusco), but I'm not paying $240 for two tow hooks.. lol And mine isn't really to be all mad JDM and for looks, but rather because I live in a climate that gets hit with winter pretty good and I am the recon vehicle at work. hahaha
True alright so did you/will you just pull out that little black cover where the hitch comes out and stick it in tere for the rear or is there another spot? I considered the front one aswell the screws in r35 Godzilla style but can't find any holes it would be able to fit In
MrLebreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
factory SS or aftermarket for 2012??? Myth21 Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 8 01-07-2012 11:18 AM
Anybody in SCIC-land taken possession of 2012 Impreza 2.0i yet? somebody else Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 1 12-29-2011 11:31 PM
Has anyone test drive a 2012 Impreza yet? pRiMe DiReCtIvE General Community 25 11-28-2011 10:03 PM
Hybrid Impreza in the works for 2012? rsholland News & Rumors 43 03-12-2010 10:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.