Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday January 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #401
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_888 View Post
Yes sir! I have. It is 9005. High beam functions are maintained.



So what would actually be better? HIDs (in a projector of course) or LEDs?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #402
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ImprezaSL

I liked the way that the RSB eliminated most of the understeer and less body roll while cornering.
My buddy changed both his SB before and it understeered but not as much as stock. So he put the original FSB back in and he likes it better because it almost 50/50.
base model or higher trim level? I think the sti bar is only 1mm larger than stock so I'm not so sure i want to try it, doesn't seem like much improvement to be had
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #403
FastJK
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317325
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Hatch
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL

So what would actually be better? HIDs (in a projector of course) or LEDs?
Projector. Leds look cool but they don't throw their light very far.
FastJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #404
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

I'm wishing my Sport Premium came with the leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob found in the Sport Limited. I know the knob is easy to find and install. But what about the steering wheel? I don't want to lose my steering wheel controller buttons and functionality.

How hard would it be to get a steering wheel from a Limited? Would that be plug and play, or would software programming be required to get the new wheel's buttons to work?

Or does someone know of a quality way to add leather to the stock wheel?
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #405
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

I might have just answered my own question:

http://www.wheelskins.com/

Has anyone used this product? Is it good?
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #406
12ImprezaSL
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322198
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SL
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
base model or higher trim level? I think the sti bar is only 1mm larger than stock so I'm not so sure i want to try it, doesn't seem like much improvement to be had
I have a sport limited. Stock is 15mm RSB and and 19mm FSB
WRX stock is 16mm RSB and 21mm FSB
STI stock is 19mm RSB and 21mm FSB

2mm difference.
12ImprezaSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #407
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ImprezaSL

I have a sport limited. Stock is 15mm RSB and and 19mm FSB
WRX stock is 16mm RSB and 21mm FSB
STI stock is 19mm RSB and 21mm FSB

2mm difference.
4mm difference for rsb, that would be worthwhile. In the service manual it states it is a 18mm bar
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #408
imcausinmadrukis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318978
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_888 View Post
Yes sir! I have. It is 9005. High beam functions are maintained.




Can you direct me to where you got your DRL bulbs from?

Website
Name brand bulb
Color temp
Bulb, HID or LED

Swap out swap in? No extra wiring done?
imcausinmadrukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #409
FastJK
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317325
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Hatch
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01
I might have just answered my own question:

http://www.wheelskins.com/

Has anyone used this product? Is it good?
Haven't personally used them but I hear great things. A lot of guys on the Tacoma forum I used to follow swore by them. As long as you take your time with the stitching they look factory. Good luck.
FastJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #410
Wes_888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320291
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
how does the high beam work if it is replaced by LED
It still flashes when you want it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL View Post
So what would actually be better? HIDs (in a projector of course) or LEDs?
Projectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcausinmadrukis View Post
Can you direct me to where you got your DRL bulbs from?

Website
Name brand bulb
Color temp
Bulb, HID or LED

Swap out swap in? No extra wiring done?
Here you go.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-9006-L..._fog_sku41.htm

LED Bulb.

Plug & Play. No extra wiring.
Wes_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #411
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastJK View Post
Projector. Leds look cool but they don't throw their light very far.
Good, that makes me feel better I just picked up a retrofit projector kit from the retrofit source.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #412
FastJK
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317325
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Hatch
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL

Good, that makes me feel better I just picked up a retrofit projector kit from the retrofit source.
Lucky, gosh. Wanna buy one for me too? Haha. That's gonna look sweet. Which one did you get?
FastJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #413
WStrembitsky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323877
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_888

It still flashes when you want it too.

Projectors.

Here you go.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-9006-L..._fog_sku41.htm

LED Bulb.

Plug & Play. No extra wiring.
Do you know if these will fit the actual fog lights? I have the Canadian HID Xenon headlights and would love to replace the fog light bulbs with something that matches the colour of the headlights.
WStrembitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #414
1slowscoobie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316880
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast MI
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WStrembitsky View Post
Do you know if these will fit the actual fog lights? I have the Canadian HID Xenon headlights and would love to replace the fog light bulbs with something that matches the colour of the headlights.
Fog lights are listed as PSX24W. Can search ebay/amazon for direct replacement... note that they may be even dimmer than the weak stock bulbs so check light output. Maybe someone else can confirm if you can use a different bulb or the same HB3 instead. Careful going HID with the fogs as you may melt the housing, check the HID retrofit threads for projector fits.
1slowscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #415
WStrembitsky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323877
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowscoobie

Fog lights are listed as PSX24W. Can search ebay/amazon for direct replacement... note that they may be even dimmer than the weak stock bulbs so check light output. Maybe someone else can confirm if you can use a different bulb or the same HB3 instead. Careful going HID with the fogs as you may melt the housing, check the HID retrofit threads for projector fits.
Thanks!

We don't really get a lot of fog in Edmonton where I live so the fogs are really more for appearance then anything. A weak LED in the right colour will look better than the stock bulbs.

Again, I appreciate the response.
WStrembitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #416
12ImprezaSL
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322198
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SL
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
4mm difference for rsb, that would be worthwhile. In the service manual it states it is a 18mm bar
Took it off before to put a WRX RSB and found out its only 1mm difference so I didn't bother. Got an STI RSB and put it in because it was a 19mm. Makes a big difference considering how much lighter our cars are. Less body roll and car feels more planted.
12ImprezaSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #417
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastJK View Post
Lucky, gosh. Wanna buy one for me too? Haha. That's gonna look sweet. Which one did you get?
I got the Bi-xenon FX-R Stage III Kit with subbed in Matsu****a Gen 5 ballasts. Haha maybe if I win the lottery.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #418
auskip07
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315643
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta Ga
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sedan
DGM 5mt

Default

I just installed a Kenwood single din Reciever and Sirius Sat radio in the car. The crutchfield kit did work but only because i salvaged the mounting brackets off of the stock stereo and cut the plastic ones off the Crutchfield one. Everything works. I no longer have voice reconition function on the existing radio but i wired the Axxess control module to communicate with the necessary functions volume, seek, mute, answer call, and mode Every steering wheel button works to perform a function.








Also Ran 2 RCA cables and a Remote cable incase i ever felt the need to install a 10" sub in the back.

Last edited by auskip07; 06-29-2012 at 05:08 PM.
auskip07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #419
Wes_888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320291
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WStrembitsky View Post
Do you know if these will fit the actual fog lights? I have the Canadian HID Xenon headlights and would love to replace the fog light bulbs with something that matches the colour of the headlights.
Here you go! They make it for that bulb type too! Just less smd's...

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SearchResul...?Search=psx24w
Wes_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #420
Wes_888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320291
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ImprezaSL View Post
I liked the way that the RSB eliminated most of the understeer and less body roll while cornering.
My buddy changed both his SB before and it understeered but not as much as stock. So he put the original FSB back in and he likes it better because it almost 50/50.
Where did you get your STI rear sway bar? and how much?

big difference eh? hmmm... I want this.
Wes_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #421
12ImprezaSL
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322198
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SL
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_888 View Post
Where did you get your STI rear sway bar? and how much?

big difference eh? hmmm... I want this.
Got it from someone that upgraded his STI sways. Got it for a 12 pack. You can find them for about $20-40 used sometimes.
Check the classifieds or maybe put up a WTB ad.
About 10 min to install and stock endlinks are fine with the 19mm.
If you have a base model, you will need the brackets, bolts and endlinks.
12ImprezaSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #422
freshrider
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312955
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Hi guys.
How would I go stiffening up the suspensions for the impreza- ie sport tuned? Is it possible to just change the springs and shocks for this? I don't care how harsh the ride will be. I want it to ride like a BMW M. Thanks.
freshrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #423
12ImprezaSL
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322198
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SL
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshrider View Post
Hi guys.
How would I go stiffening up the suspensions for the impreza- ie sport tuned? Is it possible to just change the springs and shocks for this? I don't care how harsh the ride will be. I want it to ride like a BMW M. Thanks.
Go back 1 page

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ImprezaSL View Post
Seems like Tiens are out, H&Rs are pre production(2-3mo out) and I think Eibachs are out also.
Tien - 1.5 all around (SKS92-AUB00 or SKS84-AUB00)
H&R - 1.4 F, 1.3 R (HR-54463)
Eibach - 1.5 all around (EB-7725.140)
Struts(Koni, Tokico) are all still in R&D.
Not really possible on having it ride exactly like that.
If you want something close, I suggest coilovers. Those are not available yet. Haven't heard of any in R&D yet.

You can try springs on stock struts, it'll look nice but the ride quality/handling won't be too great. Stocks aren't meant to dampen the "sport" springs.

Upgrading the RSB would help a lot, and you will notice it.
12ImprezaSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #424
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ImprezaSL View Post
Got it from someone that upgraded his STI sways. Got it for a 12 pack. You can find them for about $20-40 used sometimes.
Check the classifieds or maybe put up a WTB ad.
About 10 min to install and stock endlinks are fine with the 19mm.
If you have a base model, you will need the brackets, bolts and endlinks.

i measured the stock bar tonight, 16.25mm FWIW
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #425
Wes_888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320291
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ImprezaSL View Post
Got it from someone that upgraded his STI sways. Got it for a 12 pack. You can find them for about $20-40 used sometimes.
Check the classifieds or maybe put up a WTB ad.
About 10 min to install and stock endlinks are fine with the 19mm.
If you have a base model, you will need the brackets, bolts and endlinks.
Oh wow, you got a sweet deal!

I have the sport trim. So with the sports trim.. I wont need to buy all that other stuff?
Wes_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
factory SS or aftermarket for 2012??? Myth21 Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 8 01-07-2012 12:18 PM
Anybody in SCIC-land taken possession of 2012 Impreza 2.0i yet? somebody else Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 1 12-30-2011 12:31 AM
Has anyone test drive a 2012 Impreza yet? pRiMe DiReCtIvE General Community 25 11-28-2011 11:03 PM
Hybrid Impreza in the works for 2012? rsholland News & Rumors 43 03-12-2010 11:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.