Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #1201
italia490
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308742
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
can range from 900ish to ebay 300ish im assuming a reasonable range like most cars.
If I recall he was selling the UEL for the 2.5i somewhere around $600. Here is what they looked like:

Rallisport Sport racing UEL headers for the 2.5i
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #1202
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia490 View Post
They are more EL then UEL but just enough UEL to give a hint of rumble with a muffler delete. True UEL headers would amplify the rumble by further off-setting the exhaust pulses.
I agree with that statement, but my point was that they are not EL headers therefore they are UEL. I personally would not change the headers just to make it rumble more. Just be happy you get a small rumble.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #1203
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
I agree with that statement, but my point was that they are not EL headers therefore they are UEL. I personally would not change the headers just to make it rumble more. Just be happy you get a small rumble.
600 for some some, nah.
ans2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #1204
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
can range from 900ish to ebay 300ish im assuming a reasonable range like most cars.
Hmm...seems a bit steep for just some noise, I'll go the exhaust route first. Second of all once I start modifying my headers and exhaust, my dealer isn't going to like it when I bring it in for warranty work, as this has already been stated and reiterated by my service manager.
pkL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #1205
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

that is my biggest fear. i have a aem filter sitting on my coffee table that stares at me every morning. but i am too scared to install it until my next oil change at 15K in a week. 6 month anniversary at 15K woot woot!!
ans2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #1206
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
that is my biggest fear. i have a aem filter sitting on my coffee table that stares at me every morning. but i am too scared to install it until my next oil change at 15K in a week. 6 month anniversary at 15K woot woot!!
You can always take it out when you bring it back for maintenance or warranty work but it's kind of annoying though.
pkL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #1207
blk6s
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200057
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near St Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i
RalliSported RomRaided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia490 View Post
They are more EL then UEL but just enough UEL to give a hint of rumble with a muffler delete. True UEL headers would amplify the rumble by further off-setting the exhaust pulses.
Correct. They are a little bit of both...

blk6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #1208
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Savior!!!
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #1209
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6s View Post
Correct. They are a little bit of both...

Would that be a production model?
pkL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #1210
blk6s
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200057
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near St Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i
RalliSported RomRaided

Default

That is the (naked) factory unit. I bought the car, then drove it to my shop and took it apart, to see what I was dealing with. From a design standpoint, there is SO much more room to work with than on the 2.5i (in regards to potential header primary/secondary routing).

This is gonna be fun

Last edited by blk6s; 10-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.
blk6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #1211
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

My point in the matter is that either it's equal or not! I understand that the pipe length may not be as different than the turbo models of the EJ, but the headers on the '12 Impreza are not EL. Now to purposely put headers on that have a bigger delta in length just to get the sound at the sake of performance is counter intuitive. It's like WRX and STI drivers putting blow off valves in their car for the noise, but hurting performance. But hey, to each his own.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #1212
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Ok, I can't stop salivating now. Please make sure you put PZEV models into consideration during the R & D process Sir.
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #1213
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Now to purposely put headers on that have a bigger delta in length just to get the sound at the sake of performance is counter intuitive.
Tell me about it. On the one hand, we have folks complaining that our NA Imprezas can't hardly get out of their own way. On the other hand, we have folks willing to make the car perform even worse just to make some noise.

That's not a trade-off I'd be willing to make.

Oh, and on the third hand, we have folks who think the Impreza is too noisy already, and add sound dampening or change tires to make the car quieter.

So I guess it really is "To each his own."
sgoldste01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #1214
blk6s
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200057
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near St Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i
RalliSported RomRaided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
My point in the matter is that either it's equal or not! I understand that the pipe length may not be as different than the turbo models of the EJ, but the headers on the '12 Impreza are not EL. Now to purposely put headers on that have a bigger delta in length just to get the sound at the sake of performance is counter intuitive. It's like WRX and STI drivers putting blow off valves in their car for the noise, but hurting performance. But hey, to each his own.
My headers will not sacrifice performance. And as for it being counter intuitive, I agree, but there are MANY who think otherwise. I received over a hundred emails from guys begging (and I mean quite literally begging) me to develop a bolt on solution to give their 2.5i that famous boxer rumble. I delivered and sold over fifty units in the first six months. A year later and I'm still so busy filling orders that there is a two month waiting list to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspopo View Post
Ok, I can't stop salivating now. Please make sure you put PZEV models into consideration during the R & D process Sir.
I specifically bought a PZEV for that very reason!
blk6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #1215
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Great news, at least we know that someone is actively working on engine performance parts for us now..
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #1216
blk6s
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200057
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near St Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i
RalliSported RomRaided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
Tell me about it. On the one hand, we have folks complaining that our NA Imprezas can't hardly get out of their own way. On the other hand, we have folks willing to make the car perform even worse just to make some noise.

That's not a trade-off I'd be willing to make.
Again, my headers will NOT hurt performance. My UEL headers will give the car that famous boxer rumble and a small performance increase. My performance version will be just that, all about performance.
blk6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #1217
italia490
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308742
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6s

Again, my headers will NOT hurt performance. My UEL headers will give the car that famous boxer rumble and a small performance increase. My performance version will be just that, all about performance.
I'm looking forward to this.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #1218
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6s View Post
Again, my headers will NOT hurt performance. My UEL headers will give the car that famous boxer rumble and a small performance increase. My performance version will be just that, all about performance.
Do you have a before and after dyno of the same car? What diameter tubing will you be using? Do you plan on deleting the cat that comes off the manifold?
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #1219
blk6s
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200057
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near St Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i
RalliSported RomRaided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Do you have a before and after dyno of the same car? What diameter tubing will you be using? Do you plan on deleting the cat that comes off the manifold?
Do I have a before and after dyno of a product that doesn't exist on a car that I bought less than a day ago? No, I don't. Your obvious point being then I can't say they will make more power. Yes, I can. I will not be deleting the integrated cat. Tubing diameter and length, and type and size if collecter, and 4-2-1 or 4-1 is all yet to be determined.
blk6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #1220
ans2k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315631
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bryant, AR
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6s View Post
Do I have a before and after dyno of a product that doesn't exist on a car that I bought less than a day ago? No, I don't. Your obvious point being then I can't say they will make more power. Yes, I can. I will not be deleting the integrated cat. Tubing diameter and length, and type and size if collecter, and 4-2-1 or 4-1 is all yet to be determined.
could you add a option to delete the cat? i know companies such a berk for the s2000 has a option to delete or hfc using t-clamps.
ans2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #1221
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6s View Post
Do I have a before and after dyno of a product that doesn't exist on a car that I bought less than a day ago? No, I don't. Your obvious point being then I can't say they will make more power. Yes, I can. I will not be deleting the integrated cat. Tubing diameter and length, and type and size if collecter, and 4-2-1 or 4-1 is all yet to be determined.
Not trying to give you a hard time. I just don't know how one can say it does not hurt performance (or gain for that matter) when dyno runs have not been performed yet for a product that doesn't exist.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #1222
saabarupp
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 189032
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2015 STI CWP
'12 Impreza Sport Ltd DGM

Default

All you guys after an axleback exhaust. Check it: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=3414
saabarupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #1223
italia490
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308742
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabarupp View Post
All you guys after an axleback exhaust. Check it: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=3414
PM'd Moore Performance for pricing.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #1224
mckinnon99879
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314199
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabarupp
All you guys after an axleback exhaust. Check it: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=3414
Looks sweet, im anxious to see cost of it
mckinnon99879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #1225
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

PM'd him for a price on that...I really like that setup.
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
factory SS or aftermarket for 2012??? Myth21 Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 8 01-07-2012 12:18 PM
Anybody in SCIC-land taken possession of 2012 Impreza 2.0i yet? somebody else Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 1 12-30-2011 12:31 AM
Has anyone test drive a 2012 Impreza yet? pRiMe DiReCtIvE General Community 25 11-28-2011 11:03 PM
Hybrid Impreza in the works for 2012? rsholland News & Rumors 43 03-12-2010 11:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.