|01-12-2012, 10:29 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Colorado SpringsVehicle:
95 Legacy Wago
EJ20T into 95 Legacy
So I am sure this has been covered before somewhere. I searched and couldn't find quite what I was looking for. I want to do this as cheap as possible but at the same time go the best route.
I am looking to swap an EJ20 from a older JDM WRX into mine with the thinking that that motor would be cheaper because it is older and with the thought that it is around the same year as mine, maybe making there less difference in certain parts?
Questions I have:
1. Is there much difference between this engine and say, an EJ20 out of a bugeye WRX?
2. Depending on the answer to ^^ that question, would it be easier/better to just swap in an EJ20 out of a bugeye USDM WRX?
3. Any major hangups or things that I will have to change that would be unexpected?
4. Is there anything I can use from my stock 2.2 that I wouldnt have to change with the new motor if it doesnt come with it? ie p.s. pump, alternator, etc.
5. If I get just a longblock, what would be the best/cheapest trans to use?
I do plan on doing this swap myself. I am not new to Subarus, just unsure of the best route to take with this particular body style/swap so any helpful info or links where this has been done or discussed before would be appreciated!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by integra_drk; 01-12-2012 at 10:44 PM.
|01-13-2012, 12:32 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Check out my post in this thread. I swapped an EJ205 (US WRX Engine) into a 1998 Legacy GT.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|02 or 03 wrx front and rear seats into 95 legacy||IWannaRally||Interior & Exterior Modification||1||09-29-2010 02:07 PM|
|97 legacy outback auto into 95 Legacy - will it work?||Boosted5speed||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||1||08-22-2008 11:30 AM|
|95 JDM WRX ej20t into an 02 2.5RS.||mannslayer||Subaru Conversions||7||10-16-2005 10:44 AM|
|93 rs ej20t into 89 legacy n/a wagon wiring question??||askep18||Subaru Conversions||0||06-02-2005 03:31 AM|
|95 manual trans into 95 legacy auto conversion ?'s||legacy2003||Subaru Conversions||2||01-04-2004 05:51 AM|