Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 4, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
maxeman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 409078
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default Tail as Turn 2015 wrx PROBLEMS...Help!

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this.

I installed the Diode dynamics tail as turn modules and the module to fix the hyperlink. All was fine for a week or so. Now my Left rear does not flash at all.

Parking light works fine, but when I use the turn signal, brake or hazard lights the left does not get brighter or blink.

When the car is off and I put the hazards on only the right side and rear window light blink. the left light is dead.

When disconnecting the module back to stock, the original turn signal light on that side blinks just fine (which i converted to a reverse light). So it has to be the module from diode dynamics that went bad.

How could that happen? bad wire? fixable?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
maxeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Whec716
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 412010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Red

Contact Subispeed, sounds like a bad wiring harness
Whec716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
maxeman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 409078
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whec716 View Post
Contact Subispeed, sounds like a bad wiring harness
I tested switching the harnesses from left side to right side. It confirmed it is the harness... after doing that the right side wouldn't work but the left did. I left it that way because it is safer to have a right signal out than a left.

This is my second bad harness. First the DRL harness wouldn't work from the start and now this.

I ordered a new set of harnesses, then returning this one.

But unfortunately Diode Dynamics website is experiencing issues and just charged my card 3 times for one order. So I now have to take care of that in the morning too. Today is not my day.
maxeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #4
Chew
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 409925
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
WRB

did you check the female ends on the T-tap connectors? I've had nothing but trouble with the wires coming out of the female ends so wherever my mods call for t-taps, I just strip the wires and twist them in (super ghetto fix, but it works)
Chew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
theturtleguy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 387113
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 Launch Edition
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
did you check the female ends on the T-tap connectors? I've had nothing but trouble with the wires coming out of the female ends so wherever my mods call for t-taps, I just strip the wires and twist them in (super ghetto fix, but it works)
I had a lot of problems with taps and crimps. In the end, I just said f*** it. Borrowed a soldering kit and fixed it. Soldering wasn't as hard as I thought, it's like dripping wax on to a letter.
theturtleguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #6
pmanliu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 361107
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtleguy View Post
I had a lot of problems with taps and crimps. In the end, I just said f*** it. Borrowed a soldering kit and fixed it. Soldering wasn't as hard as I thought, it's like dripping wax on to a letter.
+1... taps and crimps suck. If the wire is in a location too difficult to be soldered, i ended up using something called posi taps http://cdn.racerpartswholesale.com/images/Posi-Tap.jpg
pmanliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #7
Aphex28
Scooby Guru

Member#: 11506
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB +TE37-TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtleguy View Post
Borrowed a soldering kit and fixed it. Soldering wasn't as hard as I thought, it's like dripping wax on to a letter.
Seriously. If people learn that something will take more than 30 seconds to do and require thought they get scared. If you can use a toaster oven without lighting the house on fire or burning yourself, you can solder. It's stupid easy.
Don't have the stuff? spend $15 for an iron and some solder.
Aphex28 is offline   Reply With Quote