Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 7, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #1
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Stage 2+ / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ

Here's a very rough draft beginning to my 2015 WRX LMTD. Sort of late to starting this, but theres still much to be done.


**i will be updating with lots of pictures and more details and mods very soon**

Here's a quick, off the top of my head, incomplete list of mods:


Stickers for days (+99hp)
Cobb AP v3
Tuned by: All Aspects Motorsports Chesapeake, VA
Killer B J/I Pipe (one-piece, catted)
Corsa Performance Cat-back
Snow Performance Stage 2+ w/ 2.5 gallon tank
Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS
Grimmspeed Intake
Turn in concepts TGVD
IAG EGRD
IAG AOS street series
Walnut blasted intake valves @ All Aspects
Boost Juice
Danoz fix
Penzoil ultra platinum 5W-30


Perrin Shift Stop
Kartboy short short shift adapter
Kartboy shift bushing
Kartboy shift knob

Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers
-swift springs
-radial bearing upgrade

Grimmspeed license plate re-locater
Kartboy license plate emblem
Matt black / red side badges
Carbon / red (black) front / rear emblems
JDM grill- not installed yet
Hella super tones (red)
Grimmspeed Wire harness
Grimmspeed Bro-tie
Bayson Rfront lip
Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires
20% tint
3M 1080 vinyl wrap roof
Rally Armor Mud Flaps

WISH LIST::
Grimmspeed TMIC
STI Mirrors
Work Emotion 9DR 18x9.5 +38
Lugs / caps
Rear fog
Coachworks Boots / Arm Rest / Console Hood
Shift knob
Ebrake knob





*I want to thank my good friend Scott (digglesauce) for all his help and knowledge! He has helped me tremendously. He has helped me through a lot getting this car put together. All the late nights and random phone calls, thank you!

**I also want to thank Kienan and Eric, and the entire crew at All Aspects Motorsports. For their meticulous work while troubleshooting, installing parts and tuning; And for staying late to finish the job right.

***Turn In Concepts for donating parts (TGVD kits) to our local Subaru Club meets (Hampton Roads, VA)

****Ron (Unabomber) for putting said meets together and being the Subaru Guru. Ive personally seen this man help out over a dozen people in the group with free or cheap parts and his endless knowledgein the group and on NASIOC.

*****Brian (i dont know your nasioc username) for passing on the TGVDs you got from Ron's meets to me. Thanks man!

******Fortune Auto for donating FA500 coilovers to the Subaru meet last summer! I was fortunate to win them in a raffle.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-20-2015 at 10:57 AM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Fire Breathing / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ


Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-19-2015 at 06:45 PM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Fire Breathing / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ

If anyone has questions about why i chose any of the parts i chose, quality of parts, install questions or would like to see pictures or video of any particular mods please feel free to ask!

Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-19-2015 at 05:40 AM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:50 AM   #4
cmiller219
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 187179
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Location: Honolulu, HI
Vehicle:
14 STi
Cocain

Default

decent numbers. i think low for meth but it may be a safe tune idk. Why no ewg with all the other mods you did? I wonder if it starving for fuel with no fuel mods besides using meth.
cmiller219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:22 AM   #5
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Fire Breathing / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller219 View Post
decent numbers. i think low for meth but it may be a safe tune idk. Why no ewg with all the other mods you did? I wonder if it starving for fuel with no fuel mods besides using meth.

A stock 2015 WRX makes ~215 hp on the dyno i was tuned on. I think a gain of 120 hp is pretty decent for what i have done so far. Ill post the dyno plot when i have a better picture or a digital copy but the a/f is very smooth. Not starved for fuel at all.

Off topic: heres my intake valves @14000 miles before and after walnut blasting


Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-19-2015 at 06:48 PM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
tank the ek
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295911
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Stratford CT
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
LR

Default

Dyno sheet? The numbers do sound somewhat low, as those are similar to stage 2 numbers without meth, but every dyno is different, and every tune/engine is different.
tank the ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #7
sc00ter
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 117767
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Denver, CO
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank the ek View Post
Dyno sheet? The numbers do sound somewhat low, as those are similar to stage 2 numbers without meth, but every dyno is different, and every tune/engine is different.
What flying magical unicorn dyno's are you using that read out 335WHP on a stage 2 WRX? Try closer to 270-290WHP on a respectable dyno.

When you scrape away all the text in the OP you see that it is basically a "stage 2" WRX with meth. With that in mind, 335WHP is about as realistic as it gets.
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #8
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
What flying magical unicorn dyno's are you using that read out 335WHP on a stage 2 WRX? Try closer to 270-290WHP on a respectable dyno.

When you scrape away all the text in the OP you see that it is basically a "stage 2" WRX with meth. With that in mind, 335WHP is about as realistic as it gets.

Thank you for the back-up here. When i post my dyno plot you guys will see 335/336 with WM and 270/292 (a gain of 65whp with WM) which is exactly in line with what youre saying.

Off topic: pre WM engine bay shot


Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-19-2015 at 06:48 PM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:15 AM   #9
shadow_772
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287701
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium
World Rally Blue

Default

She's looking good man! Just posting to follow in the future. I have to re-make my thread :\ I suppose I will after my tune.
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:02 AM   #10
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Stage 2+ / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ

I wish i wouldve started it when i git the car lol. Now im on leave in MN and i forgot to take pictures of my car



Hey guys m, what do you guys think is next power wise for my car? Besides intercooler, im waiting for the right company.

Are the pictures working for everyone?

Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-20-2015 at 03:10 AM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:14 AM   #11
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller219 View Post
decent numbers. i think low for meth but it may be a safe tune idk. Why no ewg with all the other mods you did? I wonder if it starving for fuel with no fuel mods besides using meth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank the ek View Post
Dyno sheet? The numbers do sound somewhat low, as those are similar to stage 2 numbers without meth, but every dyno is different, and every tune/engine is different.
*updated first post with dyno sheet*

Here's a bonus pic: IAG Street Series installed.

ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #12
Wireeater
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 76503
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

I was tuned on the same dyno and meth kit. The tuners dyno is low reading dynojet even compared to Mustang dynos I see posted on here. The highest baseline 15/16 on their dynojet is 220whp. The average baseline is 210-215whp.

People get to caught up on numbers here. His gains are extremely good. He gained 50whp/40wtq over stage II 93... Also the tuner is very cautious and will make sure reliability surpasses performance. They aren't number chasers.

I gained a little more on my setup so I guess upgrading the tmic definitely helps.

Let me know how you do with the 2.5 tank. We didn't upgrade but I plan on doing it soon. I burn out the 3qt tank in a 1/4 tank of gas, easily.
Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #13
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireeater View Post
I was tuned on the same dyno and meth kit. The tuners dyno is low reading dynojet even compared to Mustang dynos I see posted on here. The highest baseline 15/16 on their dynojet is 220awhp/242tq. The average baseline is 210-215whp.

People get to caught up on numbers here. His gains are extremely good. He gained 50whp/40wtq over stage II 93... Also the tuner is very cautious and will make sure reliability surpasses performance. They aren't number chasers.

I gained a little more on my setup so I guess upgrading the tmic definitely helps.

Let me know how you do with the 2.5 tank. We didn't upgrade but I plan on doing it soon. I burn out the 3qt tank in a 1/4 tank of gas, easily.

I havent been through a tank of gas yet but damn youre going through 12qts per tank of fuel??
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:05 AM   #14
Wireeater
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 76503
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

I wouldn't calculate it like that. Let's say if I burn a 1/4 tank of gas doing nothing but pulls and constant boost, yes. I mean, I am just driving and staying out of boost I'm not using it. It last for awhile. I know the weekend after I picked up the car I went on a mountain cruise and was ripping the curves non stop boosting and emptied the tank in 30 minutes lol.


I don't drive my car everyday but I'd say I probably go through a gallon of 50/50 every few hundred miles with my normal driving habits(highway commuting/stop and go) .
Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #15
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireeater View Post
I wouldn't calculate it like that. Let's say if I burn a 1/4 tank of gas doing nothing but pulls and constant boost, yes. I mean, I am just driving and staying out of boost I'm not using it. It last for awhile. I know the weekend after I picked up the car I went on a mountain cruise and was ripping the curves non stop boosting and emptied the tank in 30 minutes lol.

Crapy math but thats what i was getting at like damn! Lead foot or what? But yea i just picked ip the car friday night and now im on leave in MN so my car isnt here! Its more painful than the wait to get it in the first place lol. Do you have a build thread? I dont know anything about your car other tuan the WM

Off topic: is this where they put your gauge? I see a new gauge cluster on my horizons asap lol
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #16
Wireeater
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 76503
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Ya. That's where I asked to place it so when I go with the smy cluster wires will be ready. Plus I didn't want to drill into anything. It is very intrusive on the steering column and looking forward to moving it away lol.




No build thread but here is my car and all the mods are listed in the description.

Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #17
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Stage 2+ / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireeater View Post
Ya. That's where I asked to place it so when I go with the smy cluster wires will be ready. Plus I didn't want to drill into anything. It is very intrusive on the steering column and looking forward to moving it away lol.


No build thread but here is my car and all the mods are listed in the description. What other gauge are you going to put in your cluster? Ive been thinking about this too.

Oh yea i just saw this yesterday. Were you e85 before WM?

Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-21-2015 at 02:31 AM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #18
Most hated
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 302213
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, Tx
Vehicle:
2015 wrx premium
crystal pearl white

Default

All these cars look sharp keep up the good work everyone god bless and Happy Holliday's!!
Most hated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:48 PM   #19
tank the ek
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295911
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Stratford CT
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
LR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
What flying magical unicorn dyno's are you using that read out 335WHP on a stage 2 WRX? Try closer to 270-290WHP on a respectable dyno.

When you scrape away all the text in the OP you see that it is basically a "stage 2" WRX with meth. With that in mind, 335WHP is about as realistic as it gets.

Without meth:
Bren
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...13&postcount=6
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...9&postcount=10
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2&postcount=11
MAPerformance -91 octane
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&postcount=9]
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=15]

I guess Bren and MAP have a flying magical unicorn dyno since he has low 300WHP cars without meth?

I wasn't bashing, only curious to see the graph, and trying to gauge how much power % was achieved with the WM itself. Nice car, and nice numbers OP, I'm not knocking on the car because I asked a question and mentioned seeing these examples.

Last edited by tank the ek; 12-20-2015 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Added map reference.
tank the ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:28 AM   #20
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank the ek View Post
Without meth:
Bren
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...13&postcount=6
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...9&postcount=10
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2&postcount=11
MAPerformance -91 octane
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&postcount=9]
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=15]

I guess Bren and MAP have a flying magical unicorn dyno since he has low 300WHP cars without meth?

I wasn't bashing, only curious to see the graph, and trying to gauge how much power % was achieved with the WM itself. Nice car, and nice numbers OP, I'm not knocking on the car because I asked a question and mentioned seeing these examples.

Its no problem man in still trying to figure it out myself. Heres all the numbers in one place. I also posted the dyno graph in OP.

215. Baseline
270. Stage 2
=55 whp gain

215. Baseline
335. Stage 2+ WM
=120 whp gain

270. Stage 2
335. Stage 2+ WM
= 65 whp gain

Off topic: heres the car the night i picked it up
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #21
Wireeater
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 76503
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank the ek View Post
Without meth:
Bren
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...13&postcount=6
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...9&postcount=10
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2&postcount=11
MAPerformance -91 octane
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&postcount=9]
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=15]

I guess Bren and MAP have a flying magical unicorn dyno since he has low 300WHP cars without meth?

I wasn't bashing, only curious to see the graph, and trying to gauge how much power % was achieved with the WM itself. Nice car, and nice numbers OP, I'm not knocking on the car because I asked a question and mentioned seeing these examples.
Considering their Mustang dyno is higher reading on base 2015's than quite a few dynojets I've seen on here makes me feel like their numbers are a little inflated. Mustang dynos are generally supposed to be the lower reading dynos. It's basically worthless posting figures without baselines runs. You could argue about it all day. Every dyno reads differently so 310 on one dyno could be 280 on another or 320 on another... Dynos are good for one thing, bench marking. There are just too many things to factor in to use as comparison to another tuner. With that said, I think BT is also a bit more aggressive on their tuning. I would be much more comfortable with a safe tune that yields me 10-15whp less than a more aggressive tune for the reliability and long term effects. You will barely notice that difference on the road.
Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #22
tank the ek
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295911
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Stratford CT
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
LR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireeater View Post
Considering their Mustang dyno is higher reading on base 2015's than quite a few dynojets I've seen on here makes me feel like their numbers are a little inflated. Mustang dynos are generally supposed to be the lower reading dynos. It's basically worthless posting figures without baselines runs. You could argue about it all day. Every dyno reads differently so 310 on one dyno could be 280 on another or 320 on another... Dynos are good for one thing, bench marking. There are just too many things to factor in to use as comparison to another tuner. With that said, I think BT is also a bit more aggressive on their tuning. I would be much more comfortable with a safe tune that yields me 10-15whp less than a more aggressive tune for the reliability and long term effects. You will barely notice that difference on the road.
I get it, see my original post. Every car, every tune, every dyno, they're all subject to variances. I just shouldn't have posted at all.
tank the ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:01 PM   #23
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank the ek View Post
I get it, see my original post. Every car, every tune, every dyno, they're all subject to variances. I just shouldn't have posted at all.

Its no problem man
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #24
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Stage 2+ / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ

Did a thing. Installed JDM Grille i got for Christmas


Last edited by ArmyOfSkittles; 12-27-2015 at 06:20 PM.
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #25
ArmyOfSkittles
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 410629
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default 2015 WRX: Stage 2+ / Meth injected / 335HP/336TQ





ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.