Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday May 29, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
b20vtec
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83452
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long island
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STI
Black

Default Data Log Review 2011 STI Stage 1

Hello, Please review the attached data logs.

2011 STI
93 octane
Stage 1 93 boost select v301 in S#
Temp 27 degrees
4th gear pulls
Totally stock

The second map seems to have a small amount of feedback knock. According to this video
I am within the normal 1.5-2.0 range. Please provide feedback.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Smokin' Joe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 219679
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
WRB

Default

V20-Vtec, the first log is really good. The second one is tapering off and, like you said, not in a harmful range. Nothing to worry about now, but something to keep an eye on. Since you have a rather new car, then you can expect it needs time to relearn a bit again.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20vtec View Post
Hello, Please review the attached data logs.

2011 STI
93 octane
Stage 1 93 boost select v301 in S#
Temp 27 degrees
4th gear pulls
Totally stock

The second map seems to have a small amount of feedback knock. According to this video AskCOBB - Subaru Data Logging - YouTube I am within the normal 1.5-2.0 range. Please provide feedback.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
Hi there. You are getting a boost spike in both logs which means the boost tune it is too aggressive for your particular car. We have low wastegate (LWG) versions of the map you can download from our map repo:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3061

Simply use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the map to your AccessPORT and then reflash that map to the car. This should get boost back in line to where it needs to be (and reduce/eliminate the boost spike). Take another log after you reflash to make sure.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
b20vtec
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83452
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long island
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STI
Black

Default

Thank you for the reply. I will update the map and post the new results later on today.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
b20vtec
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83452
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long island
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STI
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Hi there. You are getting a boost spike in both logs which means the boost tune it is too aggressive for your particular car. We have low wastegate (LWG) versions of the map you can download from our map repo:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3061

Simply use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the map to your AccessPORT and then reflash that map to the car. This should get boost back in line to where it needs to be (and reduce/eliminate the boost spike). Take another log after you reflash to make sure.

Bill
Hello Bill, can you point out where the spike Is so I know what to look for. I see it climb to 17 then taper off like I read it should. Thank you for your time.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20vtec View Post
Hello Bill, can you point out where the spike Is so I know what to look for. I see it climb to 17 then taper off like I read it should. Thank you for your time.
Take a look at the TD Boost Error parameter. This is (target boost - actual boost). Target boost is what the ECU intends to target according to your map, altitude and potentially intake temp. You "spike" over 1 psi over the intended target and then it drops back. If it is doing this in 3rd/4th gear, you can bet that in higher gears (5th/6th for STi), it will be worse.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
b20vtec
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83452
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long island
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STI
Black

Default

Ok just about the same conditions as before but with the new Stage1 93 Octane Boost Select LWG as you requested. It definitely took boost out of the car. Is this on target for a 2011 sti in 4th gear?
2011 STI
93 octane
Stage 1 93 boost select v301 in S#
Temp 24 degrees
4th gear pulls

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

TD boost error has a -7.47 entry after I got off the gas. Is that ok? The rest of the log seems ok. Please review.

Last edited by b20vtec; 01-15-2012 at 05:42 PM.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20vtec View Post
Ok just about the same conditions as before but with the new Stage1 93 Octane Boost Select LWG as you requested. It definitely took boost out of the car. Is this on target for a 2011 sti in 4th gear?
2011 STI
93 octane
Stage 1 93 boost select v301 in S#
Temp 24 degrees
4th gear pulls

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

TD boost error has a -7.47 entry after I got off the gas. Is that ok? The rest of the log seems ok. Please review.
The logs look better. You are still hitting your target (in fact, mostly a little above your target). I would stick with the LWG map.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
b20vtec
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83452
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long island
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STI
Black

Default

Thanks again for the feedback. I will stick with the LWG map.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 sti stage 1 on AP question 08WRBsti AccessPort 16 05-19-2013 12:53 PM
Data logs from 05 STi, Stage 2 OTS danny_d19 AccessPort 19 08-22-2012 11:31 AM
2010 Cobb Stage 2 Data Log Review WRXineohP Engine Management & Tuning 5 01-04-2012 08:36 AM
2011 STI Stage 1+AEM vs Stage1+Cobb SF glamcem Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo) 47 12-04-2011 12:41 AM
Help analyze log, 2011 STi Stage 1 OTS knock event RoninSTI AccessPort 7 08-07-2011 01:43 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.