Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1476
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL View Post

Haha, so basically you more or less plasti dipped the whole rim?
Yea, is there any other option? lol

I didnt want to see aluminum on the inside because i thought that would just look weird and the wheel was already off the car so it wasnt hard.

I didnt spray the back of the spokes, and the inside half of the inside of the wheel you cant see normally. (again not sure how to describe this area lol)

Also, I have to respray the edge of the rim on the front, some aluminum shines through.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #1477
mitchjjohnson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330003
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tucson, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0
White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL View Post
Thanks, so you've basically just had the surface/exterior portion of the rim plasti dipped, is that correct?

Over spray and layers of plasti dip too thin to be peel off can be easily removed with WD40.


Haha, so basically you more or less plasti dipped the whole rim?
Correct @PKL, only the outer surfaces are plasti dipped on my wheels.
mitchjjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #1478
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Tinted tails. I love the way they came out. Need tint next. Kinda got a black out theme goin on, not what i planned...

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Last edited by myrt1987; 09-07-2012 at 07:03 PM.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #1479
jr0bb5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315353
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp Prem
5MT OBP/DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987
Tinted tails. I love the way they came out. Need tint next. Kinda got a black out theme goin on, not what i planned...
Get window tints and it'll be murder in the first degree ;-)
jr0bb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #1480
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Yea, I cant wait. Not sure about tint lvls. Originally I wanted 35 front / 15 rear. Id rather go darker in front but I dont want to be a cop magnet. Not sure what to do.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #1481
gfxguy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316583
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SP 5MT
MBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987
Tinted tails. I love the way they came out. Need tint next. Kinda got a black out theme goin on, not what i planned..
Nice, looks great! How did you tint them? Did it require removing the taillights?
gfxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #1482
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxguy View Post
Nice, looks great! How did you tint them? Did it require removing the taillights?
VHT nightshades and clearcoat. Yes I removed them. Was alot easier then I thought itd be. Only tools i needed was flathead and 8mm wrench. Light pops right out. That was about 3 coats of nightshades.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #1483
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Drove a 2012 and it makes really weird noises... does this happen to your car?

First, when coasting and off the gas the transmission or something sounds like its grinding and wont stop untilled I give it some gas.

Second, when on or off gas some part of the car squeaks.


Thanks.
theoutbackdream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #1484
uspopo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 317014
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY/CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
ISM

Default

Did you drive a CVT one because mine does the same when I let off the gas to slow down and it feels like it is down shifting...
uspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #1485
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspopo
Did you drive a CVT one because mine does the same when I let off the gas to slow down and it feels like it is down shifting...
Yes the cvt. And yes I felt the downshift feel.
theoutbackdream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #1486
batmanak007
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331665
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hampton, VA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Default what tint did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Operator View Post
Here's my wife's Sport Limited in Marine Blue Pearl, we added the tint last weekend.

Options-
Power Moonroof
Body Side Molding
Front Underspoiler
Roof Spoiler
Splash Guard Aero
Sport Grille

Gave it it's first hand washing in our driveway and applied a coat of Zaino's Z-2 polish. Been using Zaino on my 02 WRX since the beginning and my car still looks great.








Hey man, how's it going? I'm a newbie to this forum and I just recently bought a similar car shown above, a 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited Marine Blue Pearl. Just wondering what kind of window tint did you use and what color? Did you tint the windshield too and what are the percentages? Thanks for your help :-)

To all forum members, what car tint do u guys think would look cool on the Impreza Sport Limited MBP? I'm planning on having my car tinted this saturday and I still don't know what to get. So far, I'm leaning towards a 3M Color Stable 35% all around except the windshiled... I think that's the regulation for my Illinois license plates even though I'll be driving my car in Virginia... Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate any input or recommendations that you may have
batmanak007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #1487
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Keep in mind that if you are allowed 35% in your state, that you need to get a lighter tint in order to compensate for the factory tint (minimal, but it's there). I had put on 40% Suntek CXP and the total is ~35%. Just food for thought if you want to make it legal with a meter.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1488
subieguy87
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153412
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Springfield,il
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza wrxRS
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanak007
To all forum members, what car tint do u guys think would look cool on the Impreza Sport Limited MBP? I'm planning on having my car tinted this saturday and I still don't know what to get. So far, I'm leaning towards a 3M Color Stable 35% all around except the windshiled... I think that's the regulation for my Illinois license plates even though I'll be driving my car in Virginia... Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate any input or recommendations that you may have
Yes, that's correct for illinois law, you can do strips on the windshield, upper & lower
subieguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #1489
jr0bb5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315353
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp Prem
5MT OBP/DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Keep in mind that if you are allowed 35% in your state, that you need to get a lighter tint in order to compensate for the factory tint (minimal, but it's there). I had put on 40% Suntek CXP and the total is ~35%. Just food for thought if you want to make it legal with a meter.
Damn, I never even thought about that. The law in my state is 35% all around so I went with 35%. The tint shop told me it was completely legal so I better not have any problems getting an inspection sticker next year.
jr0bb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #1490
ST Eye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73068
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2008 STI Boost Wagon
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0bb5 View Post
Damn, I never even thought about that. The law in my state is 35% all around so I went with 35%. The tint shop told me it was completely legal so I better not have any problems getting an inspection sticker next year.
It all depends on your inspection station using a light meter. I would guess 35% + factory tint isn't that much darker than 40% + factory tint.
ST Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #1491
kenny doggins
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326540
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland, CA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza MT SP
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
It all depends on your inspection station using a light meter. I would guess 35% + factory tint isn't that much darker than 40% + factory tint.
Just throwing this out there- my last car had a huge sunroof, which made the fronts appear lighter, but really it was 20% all around.
kenny doggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #1492
imcausinmadrukis
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318978
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanak007 View Post
Hey man, how's it going? I'm a newbie to this forum and I just recently bought a similar car shown above, a 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited Marine Blue Pearl. Just wondering what kind of window tint did you use and what color? Did you tint the windshield too and what are the percentages? Thanks for your help :-)

To all forum members, what car tint do u guys think would look cool on the Impreza Sport Limited MBP? I'm planning on having my car tinted this saturday and I still don't know what to get. So far, I'm leaning towards a 3M Color Stable 35% all around except the windshiled... I think that's the regulation for my Illinois license plates even though I'll be driving my car in Virginia... Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate any input or recommendations that you may have
I took a risk and went with 25% all around. I gotta say. I love the dark tint on my DGM..
imcausinmadrukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #1493
SleepNMnky
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 302491
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i Pr
Dark Grey Metallic CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcausinmadrukis

I took a risk and went with 25% all around. I gotta say. I love the dark tint on my DGM..
Pics?
SleepNMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #1494
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987 View Post
Tinted tails. I love the way they came out. Need tint next. Kinda got a black out theme goin on, not what i planned...

BEFORE:


AFTER:

I'm so jealous, it's illegal here to tint or smoke our tail lights. It appears that you had the whole tail light tinted?
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #1495
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL

I'm so jealous, it's illegal here to tint or smoke our tail lights. It appears that you had the whole tail light tinted?
Its legal until a cop pulls you over.
theoutbackdream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #1496
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkL View Post
I'm so jealous, it's illegal here to tint or smoke our tail lights. It appears that you had the whole tail light tinted?
No, I didnt tint the reverse and turn signals. Taped them off and just sprayed the red.


I think its illegal in nj too, but ive never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it anywhere. Im sure im gonna hear them now though...
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #1497
See Sickness
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331994
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2007 Tacoma TRD
Radiant Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987 View Post
I think its illegal in nj too, but ive never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it anywhere. Im sure im gonna hear them now though...
Maybe NJ cops are more lenient than CA cops, but theyre strict about any tint here in San Diego
See Sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #1498
Reverend_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Default


My Impreza leading the charge! Led a cruise a few weeks ago that had a beautiful sunset just before we switched our route from asphalt to mud. Thought I'd nab a shot before we got 'em all dirty.

It's a base 2.0i that I'm starting to work on. Painted the chrome wings black to match the grille. Gives it the "mesh grille" without forking over 250 extra for it. Got a few things like alloys and a rear sway bar I'll be adding later.
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #1499
djorion87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328408
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Williamsport, PA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

^Very cool. I am itching to see how much fun I can have with my Impreza Sport on some dirt, but it's not even two weeks old and I'm trying to keep it clean for as long as I can haha.
djorion87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #1500
Reverend_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5-Door
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djorion87 View Post
I am itching to see how much fun I can have with my Impreza Sport on some dirt, but it's not even two weeks old and I'm trying to keep it clean for as long as I can haha.
I hear ya! I didn't get my Impreza on gravel until about 2 months in and didn't go for mud until that picture above. It was fun, it was actually still fun washing all the mud off too, getting it off the undercarriage with a lawn sprinker sliding underneath... I had too much fun with it.

I think I've washed my new Impreza more times in the past 5 months than I've washed all of my other cars in the past 12 years of driving. I LOVE it.
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition Speakers *BRAND NEW* Jonny07subie Interior/Dressup/Audio & Security 0 08-10-2007 03:13 PM
FS: LAMCO Boost Gauge (you know the stock one) meridock MAIC Private Classifieds 7 04-30-2007 06:50 PM
What happened to Member #100,000 (You know... the guy from Sri Lanka.) snvin Off-Topic 4 12-23-2005 01:02 PM
Hey Kosai, I saw you! (you know the drill, "not subie!") RandyF North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 16 04-26-2000 12:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.