Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 302324
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

Default AP stage 2 acn tune help

Hey i just upgraded to stage2 and i ran this log after i was running it for a week.

I was just wondering if you guys can take a look at the log and tell me if it seems everything is running ok. I havent had any problems and i followed cobbs video but i'm still kind of a noob when it comes to reading the log.

Thanks for the help

2011 wrx sedan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GtlUGx4U2hFRmc
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
neimadnosrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by neimadnosrap View Post
Hey i just upgraded to stage2 and i ran this log after i was running it for a week.

I was just wondering if you guys can take a look at the log and tell me if it seems everything is running ok. I havent had any problems and i followed cobbs video but i'm still kind of a noob when it comes to reading the log.

Thanks for the help

2011 wrx sedan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GtlUGx4U2hFRmc
Log looks good. You are underboosting a little, but not too bad. Your load is a bit high for a stage 2 WRX. Are your outside temps really cold there? Sometimes excessive load can indicate a boost leak, but your long-term fuel trims look OK. I would at least double check the intake tract for leaks especially if you pulled off the intercooler to install the downpipe (a pressure/smoke test would be a good idea)

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

Yeah it was really under boosting before so I had to use the HWG map. Where can I go to run a test like that to see if I'm leaking anywhere?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

It's been cold lately but cold for San Diego CA.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

I live in ca so it's been a little cold here for San Diego. I did do the test in the morning right after the engine heated up for about 5-10 min. Do you think that could have caused that issue??
Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Nairb336
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 144642
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 6spd Wagon
SGM

clark turner, he's a member on here and his maps are worth the tune. He did a great job on my map and I have never had any issues. http://www.clarkturnertuning.com/
Nairb336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Yeah it was really under boosting before so I had to use the HWG map. Where can I go to run a test like that to see if I'm leaking anywhere?
You can make your own pressure tester and use an air compressor to test (search for DIY pressure tester). You can also see if you have a local shop that has a smoke machine for testing intake tract leaks. When you pull the intercooler off, the most common source for a leak is the BPV, especially if you re-used the gasket. If you did, get a new one and torque the BPV bolts to spec. Also check for loose clamps (although don't overtighten).

Bill
Old 01-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

I'm just going to replace the gasket since that should be cheap. I can't seem where to find one online. I am on my phone but if you could throw a link up for a stock bpv gasket I wouldn't object

Also I can keep driving my car with this issue right? It's not going to hurt anything correct?
Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

I forgot to also mention i'm running a catless dp with the tune could that be causing the problem you are seeing?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
I forgot to also mention i'm running a catless dp with the tune could that be causing the problem you are seeing?
No, catless won't impact it. It is just a guess at this point. The load looks a little high for a stage 2 WRX, but it could very well be that high for your particular car. The best indication of a leak would be your long-term fuel trims (A/F Learning 1). They look OK in your logs, but they are reset when you install the AccessPORT, reflash a map, reset the ECU via AccessPORT or disconnect the car's battery. So, it would depend on how long you've been driving since you performed any one of those procedures. I would drive for about a week without performing any of those and then check your A/F Learning 1 A, B, C, D values. They should generally be within +/- 5% with any outside about +/- 8% may indicate a problem.

Bill
Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

here is the log i ran last night, its been about 2 or 3 weeks since i ran the first one i posted.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UNZdDY2ZFdna3c
Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
here is the log i ran last night, its been about 2 or 3 weeks since i ran the first one i posted.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UNZdDY2ZFdna3c
You have a borderline value for one of the long-term fuel trims. Being that it is negative and given the high load that is reported, I would say there's a chance that you have a boost leak. Best way to determine this would be via a pressure or smoke test. There's some DIY instructions on Nasioc for creating your own pressure tester (if you have an air compressor) and some shops can do it (or can smoke test the intake tract).

Bill
Old 01-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
neimadnosrap
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
Blue

Thanks for all the help. I'm replacing the TMIC next week so do you think I will be ok till then?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Thanks for all the help. I'm replacing the TMIC next week so do you think I will be ok till then?
Yeah, you'll be fine. There may not even be a problem.

Bill