Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #25426
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Yeah, it can be left at ride height.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #25427
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

you can set it to one height and never "air out".

people think air is just for laying frame, you are clearly confused.

just watch this and leave it alone:


i'm sure this handles well but i'm just worried about temps. can it handle the temp changes on track? (it'll get really hot, will the bags maintain pressure while still perform? and also the winters in jersey suck, so all the salt and etc. however i am very tempted to go bags myself...maybe they can do something with my KW's as i would like to keep a stainless strut body, not a BC redone body...but still a very quality kit.

and if any of you think robb got this to lay frame, you should just not post.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #25428
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

i got mine to lay frame. i'm a hipster flatbill wearing douche, and i'm perfectly ok with it.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #25429
rosedaleny806
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202070
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NYC/East Meadow, NY
Vehicle:
2012 WRX GR WRB
2002 WRX GD PSM

Default

the winter is what worries me, alot. i would love bags as well, the price is also a thing to take into consideration
rosedaleny806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #25430
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 750whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
i got mine to lay frame. i'm a hipster flatbill wearing douche, and i'm perfectly ok with it.
True.Statement.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #25431
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
i'm a hipster flatbill wearing douche
none of this is new news. carry on, McDouche.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #25432
GJL44
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248748
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchester, CT
Vehicle:
2011 STi SWP
04 WRB WRX wagon (RIP)

Default

Now I'm more convinced about bags. Thanks for answering the questions guys!
GJL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #25433
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedaleny806 View Post
the winter is what worries me, alot. i would love bags as well, the price is also a thing to take into consideration
air brake antifreeze.

if you run lines inside they only get as cold as your car does. if you run them outside and you have the ABA in it you'll be fine.

all the bagriders guys drive their cars all winter. i would not have bought it if i thought it was a concern.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #25434
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

i hope robb gets out on track with these, i want to see how they handle a track day.

yes i know they have "tracked" their cars but a few laps isn't gona cut it, i'm curious about how this system handles heat. rubber likes to expand, as does hot air.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #25435
mkvaron
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326317
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2011 WRX hatch
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
i'm sure this handles well but i'm just worried about temps. can it handle the temp changes on track? (it'll get really hot, will the bags maintain pressure while still perform? and also the winters in jersey suck, so all the salt and etc. however i am very tempted to go bags myself...maybe they can do something with my KW's as i would like to keep a stainless strut body, not a BC redone body...but still a very quality kit.
This^ is what is stopping me from jumping on a set ASAP along with the price. I hate the slammed look in the aftermarket car world and that is just my personal preference, but the flexability of what this kit provides is unparalleled. I did 8 track days this year which puts a ton of wear and several tempature cycles (Cali summer track days are often over 85 deg air temp) on your coilovers and I would want to be VERY SURE that when I drop $3K+ that it won't be comprimised over time. There is only a 1yr warranty on them I believe. If you do a casual autocross/trackday here and there there should be no reason not to get them from a functional or reliability standpoint. I am gona let these warriors test the **** out these and buy a cheaper used set of fully adjustable RCE T2s or KW V3s since everyone is unloading them haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
i got mine to lay frame. i'm a hipster flatbill wearing douche, and i'm perfectly ok with it.
. Classic!

Oh and a picture to keep things real...
mkvaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #25436
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 750whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
i hope robb gets out on track with these, i want to see how they handle a track day.

yes i know they have "tracked" their cars but a few laps isn't gona cut it, i'm curious about how this system handles heat. rubber likes to expand, as does hot air.
The Air Lift car is used for the Time Attack series. Standard kit they sell everyone else. I know because I have shot the car before.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #25437
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 219492
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Soviet Russia
Vehicle:
'13 Hachi-Roku
Discontinued.

Default

so i'm assuming e-level just deals with the heat/expansion etc?

i'm really curious if they can turn my KW into a bag setup, or atleast make a cup to replace the helper, gaining clearance is what i want. dont care much for airing out, even though it's cool.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #25438
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

e-level just has to do with maintaining drive height. e-level is accuair's management, v2 is airlift's management.

e-level is load based.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #25439
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 750whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
so i'm assuming e-level just deals with the heat/expansion etc?

i'm really curious if they can turn my KW into a bag setup, or atleast make a cup to replace the helper, gaining clearance is what i want. dont care much for airing out, even though it's cool.
The helpers for the KW's are already out there. They are just STUPID expensive for no reason...for what they are.

E-Level puts sensors on every strut so that if you put a lot of luggage in the back or passengers it automatically adjusts to keep everything at target ride height. It is also good if you have a leak.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #25440
rosedaleny806
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202070
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NYC/East Meadow, NY
Vehicle:
2012 WRX GR WRB
2002 WRX GD PSM

Default

now whats the difference between digital and manual kits from airlift?
rosedaleny806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #25441
BoostMasterZero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 337634
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH/Germantown, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
308/339 -Tuned by Agile

Default

Found these guys in the parking lot...






Just got this in...Whiteline ALK race version



Got bored and pulled off my Nameless axleback to polish it.

BoostMasterZero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #25442
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedaleny806 View Post
now whats the difference between digital and manual kits from airlift?
manual kit is using solenoids and a basic switch board.

digital kit (v2) uses a manifold, ecu, and has an electronic interface with presets, rise on start, etc.

boostmasterzero, nice parts man! those are sick.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #25443
BoostMasterZero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 337634
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH/Germantown, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
308/339 -Tuned by Agile

Default

Thanks! The ALK is going to be so noisy, but I think it will be worth it.
BoostMasterZero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #25444
rosedaleny806
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202070
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Queens, NYC/East Meadow, NY
Vehicle:
2012 WRX GR WRB
2002 WRX GD PSM

Default

so its worth the extra money to go digital for sure.
rosedaleny806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #25445
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvaron View Post
This^ is what is stopping me from jumping on a set ASAP along with the price. I hate the slammed look in the aftermarket car world and that is just my personal preference, but the flexability of what this kit provides is unparalleled. I did 8 track days this year which puts a ton of wear and several tempature cycles (Cali summer track days are often over 85 deg air temp) on your coilovers and I would want to be VERY SURE that when I drop $3K+ that it won't be comprimised over time. There is only a 1yr warranty on them I believe. If you do a casual autocross/trackday here and there there should be no reason not to get them from a functional or reliability standpoint. I am gona let these warriors test the **** out these and buy a cheaper used set of fully adjustable RCE T2s or KW V3s since everyone is unloading them haha!
Amen mkvaron! For a mix of daily driving and occasional autox/track use airbags might be ok. I think if anybody is trying to set fast time attack records on road race circuits, air lift is the wrong choice.
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #25446
Apedz215
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328682
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

So difference between v2 and elevel is basically v2 you have raise each side individually instead of where e level you get in and it automatically adjusts for weight depending on the height setting pressed it fills all four at the same time?
Apedz215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #25447
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 279660
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougestar View Post
Amen mkvaron! For a mix of daily driving and occasional autox/track use airbags might be ok. I think if anybody is trying to set fast time attack records on road race circuits, air lift is the wrong choice.
Except AirLifts 550whp STI is consistently one of the fastest cars on the track. With an off the shelf AirLift v2 set up. Not saying you're wrong. But the definitiveness with which you say air is the wrong choice is just flat ridiculous. There have been MANY who have tracked, successfully, on hot days air.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #25448
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 750whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
Except AirLifts 550whp STI is consistently one of the fastest cars on the track. With an off the shelf AirLift v2 set up. Not saying you're wrong. But the definitiveness with which you say air is the wrong choice is just flat ridiculous. There have been MANY who have tracked, successfully, on hot days air.
It's wrong for spec Miata where 5whp matters...but for any car that actually weighs anything it isn't as much of an issue. Performance is there...it would be the weight that is the drawback.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #25449
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2009 CTSV 6MT 750whp
Black Raven

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
none of this is new news. carry on, McDouche.
rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #25450
tougestar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287562
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
Except AirLifts 550whp STI is consistently one of the fastest cars on the track. With an off the shelf AirLift v2 set up. Not saying you're wrong. But the definitiveness with which you say air is the wrong choice is just flat ridiculous. There have been MANY who have tracked, successfully, on hot days air.
I tried looking up their track times and couldn't find any on either Global Time Attack or Redline Time Attack. If you have any other sources it would be cool to see them.

I am sure AirLift has come a long way in technology and versatility over the years but like I stated before, air lift looks like a good choice for daily driving and occasional weekend warrior duty. I am not saying you "can't" track on them, I am just saying they won't stack up against a true coilover system when it comes to setting the fastest times possible.
tougestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
('11-'14) 2011-2012 wrx/sti picture thread (for real this time) guamanian_powered Impreza Forum 151 04-29-2014 09:35 AM
01-07 wrx and sti drivetrain? xj bmx Newbies & FAQs 13 01-26-2012 04:30 PM
('11-'14) 2011 wrx/sti picture thread (for real this time) guamanian_powered Impreza Forum 1 11-17-2011 12:51 AM
Anyone have the 06-07 Impreza WRX and STI master part number and picture list STEALTH-WRX Interior & Exterior Modification 0 08-22-2008 03:12 PM
The Official World One STI and SEMA picture thread.. WorldOne Member's Car Gallery 25 11-29-2003 06:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.