Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
Phileas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388362
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
ISM

Default OEM Audio Integrations?

Has anyone done an install of a JBL MS-8 or an Alpine PXA-H800 for an OEM integration install?

I have a '15 WRX limited with the H/K and Navi and I want to retain OEM screen and steering wheel controls, but I also want to upgrade the speakers to my Focal K2's that I had in my previous car along with an amp and possibly add a stealth sub.

Any knowledge or installs (pics are very welcome) would be great.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
bobditts
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 392683
Vehicle:
2014 LS hatch
quartz blue

MS8 install is easy. Just tap in to the speaker outputs from the stock HU for signal. Good to go. Make sure you do the hidden menu mods for a flat signal.
bobditts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
Phileas
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
ISM

Are the hidden menu mods still available on the H/K system? Based on my reading about others using the hidden menu it was with the base Clarion units.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Phileas
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
ISM

Just thought of this as well... The H/K system comes with a "440W DSP amplifier". According to Harman's site where they give the details of the WRX installation, it shows the DSP amp in the trunk. I assume if I'm going to use the MS-8 or the H800 and my own amps, that I'll be bypassing this completely. Will this have any impact on the features that are available on the touch screen display and will this remove the functionality of the USB input in the center armrest console?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
millertime359
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 393302
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Sport

Should not affect your USB at all considering that is tied directly to the head unit.

If you plan to use your own amps, then yes you will need to bypass the current amp. If you don't want to make any changes to the factory wires, then check out ae64.com. He might have a patch harness you can use to tie in your Ms-8 and amp turn on signal.
millertime359 is offline   Reply With Quote