Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
sxcobraz249
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 123770
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
WRB

Default Chemical Guys car wash review

Decided to change up my wash process for winter by trying some new products. I normally use P21s autowash but I decided to go with Chemical Guys maxi suds 2... First off smells amazing(cherry) really suds up and cleans the car and gives it a great shine. Its not aggressive so its done a great job in keeping my detail on the car.

Products used were as follows...

Chemical Guys Maxi suds 2
Eagle one wheel and tire cleaner( ran out of Sonax)
Meguiars tire gel
Aerospace 303 on interior
Chemical Guys Black to black on exterior( great for getting the plastic windshield trim below the blades back to a healthy color AND staying like that!!! )

Some before's

And some afters

So far I am very satisfied with the product performance and price of Chemical guys compared to whats out there.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sxcobraz249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Tripperfx3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242966
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Rally blue

Chemical guys stuff used to be fairly expensive. How is this priced compared to P21S (which is also fairly expensive compared to others). When I detailed in college I just used Megs Gold class (cheap and foams pretty well) and ONR. I mostly did full corrections for my customers, so car wash wasn't as important to me as other products were.
Tripperfx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
sxcobraz249
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 123770
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
WRB

That size was about 10 bucks straight from them, I would get the 16 oz i believe of P21s shampoo and it was like 12 bucks, but the CG's is way more concentrated so you get way more washes out of it.

I wouldnt use either of them before a detail, p21s and maxi suds is a gentle wash (for weekly cleaning). I would use something stronger more potent to wash with before i would start claying
sxcobraz249 is offline   Reply With Quote