Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #5751
stealthx32
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30990
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
'93 FD3S

Default

More camber!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stealthx32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #5752
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO View Post
has anyone rolled their rear fenders on their gr hatch? It's a 2013. Also any recommendations on coil overs?
Paul! Awesome to hear you'll be at the grand prix. What exactly do you want to know about the rolling? As for the answer, yes, I have, or I should say I had ryan do it. No recommendations on coilovers though, I'm no suspension guru.
Blinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #5753
PDLTURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73129
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2004 WRX #50ESP
San Remo Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinden View Post

Paul! Awesome to hear you'll be at the grand prix. What exactly do you want to know about the rolling? As for the answer, yes, I have, or I should say I had ryan do it. No recommendations on coilovers though, I'm no suspension guru.
I would love to have Ryan do it, he's the man! I think my buddy contacted him today. Not sure what happened yet. I was just seeing about doing it with out a roller.
PDLTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #5754
Josh R.
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351365
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO View Post
if you mean about the 13 wrx, it's a good friends and I'm helping them out. They got a set of 18x9 that are rubbing. Other than that, working. I'll be at the pvgp.
Yeah I was wondering what you were doing with the 13 WRX. I'd be pretty wary of using the ball bat or jack handle method for rolling the fenders on a new car. I'm sure somebody local has one of those nifty Eastwood rollers you could borrow. Are the coilovers for it, or your car? I can't claim to know anything about Subaru specific coilovers, but I gotta think that the usual cast of characters would be good (Ground Control, KW). If money was no object I'd probably buy AST coilovers.

See you at the PVGP.
Josh R. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #5755
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO View Post
I would love to have Ryan do it, he's the man! I think my buddy contacted him today. Not sure what happened yet. I was just seeing about doing it with out a roller.
Well, the bad news is that at some point after I got them done the paint around the edge got wonky and flaked. Not sure what my next step is, but I want to get it fixed up in short order since it's a new car and all.
Blinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #5756
WastingTime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181927
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
99 RS - RBP
10 DSP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF Racing View Post
Registration is officially closed for the PVGP
So I can't park with everyone or whats the word? Could I do the drive in?
WastingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #5757
wrxscal412
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 351604
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
13 WRX E85 336/367
Tuned by mike@innovative

Default

I have a Sway bar question for any 08+ WRX hatch owners who are running aftermarket sways.
I am looking to upgrade my stock sway bars. (eibach/whiteline/RCE) I have read multiple comments that state in areas where the roads are rough (Pothole Pittsburgh) many owners run a 22mm setup on both the front and back. My question to any PGH WRX owners w/sways would be what setup are you running and how is the ride given our rougher terrain? I do not auto-x my car, but I may do a Pitt Race event in the future. WRX is my DD and yes I am also upgrading my end-links. Also I am not worried about the ride being too stiff, and I am riding on the stock suspension.
I was leaning towards the Eibach kit with 25mm front and 22mm back...but based on the responses I would have no problem going Whiteline 22's for both??
Sorry for the essay, just trying to get some experienced reviews from owners in the area.
Thanks.
J
wrxscal412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #5758
JustinPGH
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344834
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-Door Lmtd
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingTime View Post

So I can't park with everyone or whats the word? Could I do the drive in?
Related question:
A friend of mine has 2 passes (minis) for sat/sun. He's only taking one car with him on Sunday and has offered me the other pass.

If that works out, does anyone know if there'd be an issue parking with the other scoobs, instead of wherever the parking pass says to park — in this case, with the minis... ?

Thanks for any info from you guys that have been to this before!
JustinPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #5759
Josh R.
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351365
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxscal412 View Post
I have a Sway bar question for any 08+ WRX hatch owners who are running aftermarket sways.
I am looking to upgrade my stock sway bars. (eibach/whiteline/RCE) I have read multiple comments that state in areas where the roads are rough (Pothole Pittsburgh) many owners run a 22mm setup on both the front and back. My question to any PGH WRX owners w/sways would be what setup are you running and how is the ride given our rougher terrain? I do not auto-x my car, but I may do a Pitt Race event in the future. WRX is my DD and yes I am also upgrading my end-links. Also I am not worried about the ride being too stiff, and I am riding on the stock suspension.
I was leaning towards the Eibach kit with 25mm front and 22mm back...but based on the responses I would have no problem going Whiteline 22's for both??
Sorry for the essay, just trying to get some experienced reviews from owners in the area.
Thanks.
J
This is really gonna come down to personal preference, so you will likely get a lot of opinions. I think a great street setup would be a 22 mm front and an STi rear bar (19 mm I think). If you really want to feel a difference on the street, a bigger bar (like 24-25mm) will definitely give you a stiffer feel, but might not necessarily be the "best" as far as handling ability. As for brands, I think any of the ones you mentioned would be fine, as well as Cobb and Perrin. Folks 'round here seem to be big on Whiteline, which I was unfamiliar with before, coming from Hondas. I have the Whiteline 22mm adjustable front bar and on the soft setting I can barely tell a difference from the stock bar. The hard setting feels pretty good, but so far it's been too stiff for autocross so I can't see myself using it much. The Eibach kit seems pretty popular too since its a "kit." I haven't really looked at it but I'm guessing it's hollow and might not be quite as stiff as some of the other similar size bars. It might be a good starting point for messing with sway bars, since you're more concerned with "feel" than actual handling characteristics like reducing understeer. Think you'll try putting them on yourself or will you take it somewhere? Good luck!
Josh R. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #5760
JS Auto Designs STi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362589
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Canonsburg, PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STi
Silver

Default

Basically the same things I was thinking.

Im going with either the Perrin 25 and 25 kit and then I will mess with settings on the actual feel or Im also looking at the whiteline 24mm and 24mm setup with all upgraded end links. It is all going to be experimenting with the different settings to get the feel and driveability Im looking for. The more I read around as well I am liking the COBB 25 and 22 kit. Ill just have to look at pricing and start testing i guess. Like Josh said. Thats your best option. Ill also bring each of those kits in house if you are interested in testing them before you pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh R. View Post
This is really gonna come down to personal preference, so you will likely get a lot of opinions. I think a great street setup would be a 22 mm front and an STi rear bar (19 mm I think). If you really want to feel a difference on the street, a bigger bar (like 24-25mm) will definitely give you a stiffer feel, but might not necessarily be the "best" as far as handling ability. As for brands, I think any of the ones you mentioned would be fine, as well as Cobb and Perrin. Folks 'round here seem to be big on Whiteline, which I was unfamiliar with before, coming from Hondas. I have the Whiteline 22mm adjustable front bar and on the soft setting I can barely tell a difference from the stock bar. The hard setting feels pretty good, but so far it's been too stiff for autocross so I can't see myself using it much. The Eibach kit seems pretty popular too since its a "kit." I haven't really looked at it but I'm guessing it's hollow and might not be quite as stiff as some of the other similar size bars. It might be a good starting point for messing with sway bars, since you're more concerned with "feel" than actual handling characteristics like reducing understeer. Think you'll try putting them on yourself or will you take it somewhere? Good luck!

Last edited by JS Auto Designs STi; 07-18-2013 at 09:41 AM.
JS Auto Designs STi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #5761
wrxscal412
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 351604
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
13 WRX E85 336/367
Tuned by mike@innovative

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh R. View Post
This is really gonna come down to personal preference, so you will likely get a lot of opinions. I think a great street setup would be a 22 mm front and an STi rear bar (19 mm I think). If you really want to feel a difference on the street, a bigger bar (like 24-25mm) will definitely give you a stiffer feel, but might not necessarily be the "best" as far as handling ability. As for brands, I think any of the ones you mentioned would be fine, as well as Cobb and Perrin. Folks 'round here seem to be big on Whiteline, which I was unfamiliar with before, coming from Hondas. I have the Whiteline 22mm adjustable front bar and on the soft setting I can barely tell a difference from the stock bar. The hard setting feels pretty good, but so far it's been too stiff for autocross so I can't see myself using it much. The Eibach kit seems pretty popular too since its a "kit." I haven't really looked at it but I'm guessing it's hollow and might not be quite as stiff as some of the other similar size bars. It might be a good starting point for messing with sway bars, since you're more concerned with "feel" than actual handling characteristics like reducing understeer. Think you'll try putting them on yourself or will you take it somewhere? Good luck!
I am definitely putting them on myself, unless I get so jammed up I can not go on (highly doubt). My goal with the steering of the car would be to obtain the most neutral steering characteristics as possible, which I know 100% balanced is close to (if not) impossible. If I were to shade toward having one characteristic over the other for me I would rather have a bit of Oversteer than Understeer. Actually much more over than under.
Thanks for the info too. Most certainly useful and helpful.
wrxscal412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #5762
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinPGH View Post
Related question:
A friend of mine has 2 passes (minis) for sat/sun. He's only taking one car with him on Sunday and has offered me the other pass.

If that works out, does anyone know if there'd be an issue parking with the other scoobs, instead of wherever the parking pass says to park — in this case, with the minis... ?

Thanks for any info from you guys that have been to this before!
I cannot imagine how this would be a problem, especially sunday, it's super laid back, just roll up whenever, once you get INTO the park, there is nobody telling you which way to go.
Blinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #5763
cmiovino
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134005
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Premium
PSM

Default

Reminder: We're meeting and leaving at 7am from the Sheetz on 51 across from Bowser on Saturday to head down to the the Strip District. Everyone's welcome.

.. let's hope teh rain holds off or comes earlier.
cmiovino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #5764
bettner12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 56179
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Beaver Falls, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
BSM

Default

I would do a good set of coil overs before looking at anti-roll bars. Once you have the suspension that best suits your use of the cars , then look at sway bars if still unhappy with the handling. They can only reduce the tire contact, not improve it. Look at adjustable end links too, it's important to take out any torsional preload when setting up the car.
bettner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #5765
isis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73283
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
05 CTS-V
03 Z1000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinden View Post

I cannot imagine how this would be a problem, especially sunday, it's super laid back, just roll up whenever, once you get INTO the park, there is nobody telling you which way to go.
Fwiw, last year on Sunday I put my Saab 9-2x registration on my Cadillac and parked it in the subarus. Nobody even blinked.
isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #5766
MRF582
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48219
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
. Always drive
the race line .

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettner12 View Post
I would do a good set of coil overs before looking at anti-roll bars. Once you have the suspension that best suits your use of the cars , then look at sway bars if still unhappy with the handling. They can only reduce the tire contact, not improve it. Look at adjustable end links too, it's important to take out any torsional preload when setting up the car.
Incorrect. They actually improve tire contact at the front of a Subaru...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
Fwiw, last year on Sunday I put my Saab 9-2x registration on my Cadillac and parked it in the subarus. Nobody even blinked.
People actually stopped blinking?!
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #5767
JustinPGH
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344834
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-Door Lmtd
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRF582 View Post

People actually stopped blinking?!
Chances are good their eyelids melted off. I remember the weather being about as hot last year.

Cool on the parking details. I'll be there.
JustinPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #5768
MRF582
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48219
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
. Always drive
the race line .

Default

Yeah, too hot and humid for me.
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #5769
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

just fire your car up and sit in the A/C all day. AMERICA!
Blinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #5770
isis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73283
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
05 CTS-V
03 Z1000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRF582 View Post
People actually stopped blinking?!
And breathing. It's a stunning automobile. Especially parked next to a Subaru.
isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #5771
MRF582
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48219
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
. Always drive
the race line .

Default

go to hell you 6 lugger!
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #5772
isis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73283
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
05 CTS-V
03 Z1000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRF582 View Post
go to hell you 6 lugger!
Got me there. No excuse for that ****
isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #5773
sk84fun21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 113300
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh area
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB, LOUD

Default

Anyone in the east, like monroeville area maybe, want to meet Saturday and drive down?

Also does anyone have a hitch setup that I could borrow for the 04 forester? Thinking of taking the bike down to VA next month when I go
sk84fun21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #5774
Blinden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122993
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun21 View Post
Anyone in the east, like monroeville area maybe, want to meet Saturday and drive down?

Also does anyone have a hitch setup that I could borrow for the 04 forester? Thinking of taking the bike down to VA next month when I go
If you so I'll catch up with you most likely, or we can keep in the strip district.
Blinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #5775
sk84fun21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 113300
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh area
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB, LOUD

Default

Uh wha?
sk84fun21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Pittsburgh Thread Build 4 WastingTime Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 8 04-26-2011 06:58 PM
Official Pittsburgh Thread v5 MRF582 Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10302 10-07-2010 10:03 AM
Official Pittsburgh Thread V4 Kjott21 Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10940 10-29-2009 03:16 PM
Official Pittsburgh thread V3.0 MikeCee Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 10519 01-11-2009 09:08 PM
Didn't there used to be an official Pittsburgh Thread? crystalhelix Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 0 01-08-2004 07:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.