Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
SubieCrack
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 225426
Vehicle:
2007 Subaru WRX
Metallic Silver

Default HEP>>Blown Seal

Since I didn't get any replys I am posting again, PLEASE HELP!

My 07' Subaru WRX has 65,000 miles on it. I have been known to do a tad bit more spirited driving then most others. While I was gone the oil got so low that you could hear the ticking noise. Recently I had your every day oil change performed and a diagnosics check done. It was found that my oil pan and oil cooler were leaking due to bad seals. The car was backed into a ditch by my father and it partially (not bad at all) kinked the exhaust in the back end right behind the silencer. My question is what could have been the cause for the bad seals? The exhaust or the low oil? Just wondering if I should replace the exhaust or not. Any POSITIVE feedback would be appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubieCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
tom bauer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310141

does it really matter why? if it leaks, fix it so it does not get low on oil again. heat and age are the main causes of seals failing so yours may not be abnormal.
tom
tom bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
ojala
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 255441
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
05 Saabaru

I guess I can address these in order for what it is worth (not much)
1. bad seals are cause by heat, age, and well...the seals being bad
2. its possible low oil exacerbated the problem, but see #1 for likely causes
3. replace exhaust if you want, but you will need some other excuse to justify the purchase because it has nothing to do with the leaks or seals
4. I am positive
ojala is offline   Reply With Quote