Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
Chobrandon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 410735
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
WRB

Default Brandon's 2004 STi Rebuild

Hey guys, my names Brandon, long time lover of the blob eye STi's and finally purchased my own as of January 2nd. Picked it up from North Carolina and drove it back to Virginia Beach. Couldn't resist to take pictures, of course.

Headlights got a restore and replaced dome/map lights and license plate lights with LED's.

Fresh wash and clay

Current info about the car:
- All stock exterior
- Stock EJ257 with VF39
- Cobb turbo heatshield
- Magnaflow catback
- v2 AccessPort
- Apexi turbo timer
- Subwoofer
- 17x8 Rota Boosts with Michelin 245/40/17's
- Unknown short shifter
- Eibach 25mm front and rear sway bars
- Kartboy endlinks

Had the car for about two weeks, daily driven since I bought it, just admiring the car itself and learning as much as I could about it. It did throw a P0171 code where the previous owner said it was because of the aftermarket exhaust. I should've been more careful and did more research. Disregarding this, on January 14th, I threw a rod bearing and had it towed to the nearest shop. I took it to DIA Automotive where a lot of the locals here recommended.

Here's how she sits as of January 23rd:

Found out that my turbo had a crack in it..

Which then brings us to today (February 3rd):

Upgraded/Replaced parts:
- CP forged pistons
- ARP headbolts
- V25B '07 STi complete heads
- New OEM oil pan, oil pickup tube, rods, crank
- Honed EJ25 block
- Machined flywheel
- Kings bearings
- Used vf39 with no cracks

Getting the block back from the shop sometime this week but it should just be assembling everything back together once that's taken care of! Super excited to finally get back on the road with her!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Chobrandon; 03-21-2015 at 04:22 AM.
Chobrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:43 AM   #2
Chobrandon
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
WRB

A little late for the block but they're back and DIA got started right away assembling it back together, can't wait!!

Old 02-21-2015, 02:45 AM   #3
Chobrandon
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
WRB

February 19th, a few hiccups on assembly but finally got her running again! Was anticipating Winterfest '15 but it got rescheduled due to the cold weather so this gives me enough time to do a couple quick mods and do the engine break-in before I head over there.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
Bobby Jones
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 351474

Nice. Unfortunate that the motor went in less than a month of owning it... Sure the previous owner knew it was on its last leg and decided to screw an unsuspecting buyer. What an *******. I've always been a fan of the 04-05 STIs myself but would never buy one for that reason. Kudos for not getting disheartened and bouncing back so fast with a rebuilt engine.
Bobby Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #5
Chobrandon
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jones View Post
Nice. Unfortunate that the motor went in less than a month of owning it... Sure the previous owner knew it was on its last leg and decided to screw an unsuspecting buyer. What an *******. I've always been a fan of the 04-05 STIs myself but would never buy one for that reason. Kudos for not getting disheartened and bouncing back so fast with a rebuilt engine.

Yeah, either the last owner knew it or not, I personally didn't think he knew how an engine works, I blame myself for not being too careful. Expensive lesson to learn but yeah, I appreciate it! Can't kill the love for these cars! Lol
Old 03-21-2015, 04:31 AM   #6
Chobrandon
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
WRB

It's been awhile but I bought myself some Perrin front and rear shifter bushings! There was a lot of left and right play more than the front and back play. Needless to say, it was a BTCH to install the rear one compared to the front. Once I was done installing, the left and right play was still there but I dug deeper to feel like I didn't just waste $60 when I didn't need to. But a HUGE difference when shifting compared to before! No more missing 3rd or 5th gear grind

Problem lies within the shifter itself, no bushings at all inside and it was LOOSE! Tightened it up and it's like night and day, I'll invest in some bushings sooner or later though.