Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
doa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309039
Vehicle:
2004 subaru wrx

My dipstick reads perfect on one side and in between the L and F on the other. This is after an oil change. I filled up the oil filter, then added the rest of the gallon jug into the engine. At this point it was showing a good reading on one side yet in between L and F on the other. I then ran the car for about a minute and no oil was showing. Opened up the second gallon jug, waited a few minutes for oil to drain back down and added the proper amount. Yet I still get the same reading, I was told that if one side is reading full then I am good because the dipstick goes in on an angle, this was told to me by a retired subie mechanic. I want to take his word but after doing a complete rebuild I do not want to risk anything.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by doa; 03-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.
doa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

So do you drive a Lamborghini LM002 or Miura? Also re-read your thread as I've read it 9 times and don't know what you are asking.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
doa
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 subaru wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
So do you drive a Lamborghini LM002 or Miura? Also re-read your thread as I've read it 9 times and don't know what you are asking.
fixed, sorry.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
bluesubie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 767
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 FXT

Read the side with the L and F. If Subaru wanted you to read the other side, they would've included markings on the other side.

Check this thread.

-Dennis
bluesubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
doa
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 subaru wrx

I have heard that also, if i were to just insert the dipstick facing the other side it would read full on the proper side. That makes no sense at all.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
furiouswrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 283048
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Ltd Hatch
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesubie
Read the side with the L and F. If Subaru wanted you to read the other side, they would've included markings on the other side.

Check this thread.

-Dennis
So KillerB is saying to remove the O ring before checking the dipstick...need to try this
furiouswrx is offline   Reply With Quote