Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 24, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds > Suspension/Brakes/Handling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
A_V_8_O_R
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 244664
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 STI
BLACK

Default *SOLD* RCE (RACE COMP ENGINEERING) "Regular Guy" Black Lowering Springs

Hi all. Up for sale are some RCE Race Comp Engineering Regular Guy Black Springs (Full Description and Pictures Below). As far as I know from previous owner they had never been installed. I bought and have been driving on these springs for about 3 months and I ran in 1 auto-cross with them and all I can say is "DAMN". These springs alone with the stock shocks on an STi are very impressive and responsive. They increased the handling more than I had anticipated and I really like the subtle lowerering height of these springs for a daily driver especially with the rough roads around here but I just need more in terms of adjustablility and responsiveness for SCCA auto-xing. Sorry I do not have the bump stops that come with them originally. Race Comp Engineering tech support has them available for purchase but also told me they aren't really necessary but if you are that concerced you can cut the first step of factory bump off which I did not do and they handled and felt just awesome. Anyways PM or Reply Either will Do.........

Price Is $200 +Shipping Which Is What I Paid On An Ebay Auction. All Offers Entertained But Nothing Ridiculous Please....Local Pickup Is Available Plus A Deal On Installation If Interested...I Am ASE Certified With A Lift Available

Description:
The highly anticipated Super Sport Street/Track Springs, an OEM replacement spring for 2004-2007 Subaru WRX STi from Racecomp Engineering. Designed for use with standard STi inverted struts or Ohlins Fixed Perch Replacement Struts, these springs are intended for both the daily driven street driver as well as the autocross and track day weekend warrior.

Extensive research, design, and testing was performed to develop a completely new spring unlike anything currently available. With springs rates increased approximately 25% stiffer then the popular JDM Pink Springs, the springs are perfect for those with wider tires worried about rubbing, as well those looking for a little more rear spring rate to promote a more neutral handling characteristic.

Much care was taken not to exceed the limits of the stock struts. The mildly progressive design and spring rates properly matched with the dampers ensure that ride quality is not diminished over stock. If you are looking for the the stiffer spring rate of the yellow but want a more mild drop go with the RCE Black.

RCE Regular Guy Black Springs 04-07 STIFits 2004-07 WRX STI. (Fits 2004+ WRX, too, but you'll need stiffer-than-stock shocks.) Lowers 15mm front, 10mm rear. 285 lb/in front, 269 lb/in rear.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by A_V_8_O_R; 03-29-2012 at 01:42 AM.
A_V_8_O_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
DaveE
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 153115
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2008 FSXT
DGM

Ygbkm!
DaveE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
smiththrs
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 299848
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 345/400
Black

Pm'd I am extremely interested will pay right now, I was under the assumption that they would not have a problem with stock 2011 wrx struts per rce
smiththrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
DaveE
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 FSXT
DGM

I don't think these would work on 08+ wrx's.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
smiththrs
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX 345/400
Black

They do.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
DaveE
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 FSXT
DGM

Fronts might, but I'm right now looking at a stock rear 10 wrx spring and a stock rear 04 wrx springs. Different diameter, # of coils, just different. How old you make this fit the strut perches and top hats?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
smiththrs
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX 345/400
Black

Per rce they fit, but they have an 08+ specific spring with better spring rates thanks!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
DaveE
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 FSXT
DGM

I don't see how especially at the bottom perch, but ok