Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 4, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #3251
Torontolegacy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327872
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario , Canada
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT wagon
Black

Default

When you firmly believe that a vehicle without a hoodscope isnt a vehicle. But more of a burden. You take personal offence to fake hood scoops. And feel those with the stick on hood scoops should give up thier rights as human beings. The hood scoop is the awnser to all of lifes hardest questions. "... Well hunnie obviously teh awnser is hood scoop."
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Torontolegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #3252
Will JJ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310377
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Darlington, sc
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR
Plastidip black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarverSnell View Post

I have my Stereo Vinyl in the trunk and a AAA emergency pack back there at all times. I cannot stand hearing them both fly around.

This thing always manages to end up on it's wheels in the trunk too.
My longboard always gets flipped over and bangs around in the trunk
Will JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #3253
Orangejuice
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335717
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

When your friend, who owns a '06 civic lx (4door, bone stock), complains about OLNY getting 35mpg, and you just sit there and glare. ><
Orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #3254
scairkro
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 345832
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonville,nc
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
blue

Default

When you read this thread to your friends that dont have a sti and they dont find it funny and you wonder why
scairkro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #3255
cmiovino
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134005
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Premium
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDiaryJackpot View Post
Oem sedan.

When you WANT to cruise on the road and everybody that passes you, look at you like: "why the hell you have a sport car and drive like my granma?"

Because race car.THAT'S WHY!!!
This.

I have people constantly right on my bumper. Then when they get a chance to get around me, I get 'the look'

.... and this is when I go slow as there was traffic out in front, but no where to go. Boggles my mind why people feel the need to be right on each other like that.
cmiovino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #3256
chet24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315018
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC, Utah
Vehicle:
01 2.5RS & 04 FXT
STM/AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post

This.

I have people constantly right on my bumper. Then when they get a chance to get around me, I get 'the look'

.... and this is when I go slow as there was traffic out in front, but no where to go. Boggles my mind why people feel the need to be right on each other like that.
The laws of slower traffic keep right are always in effect... Because people don't understand this concept, it continues to congest traffic more. That is the main purpose behind those laws, not to help speeders. I always do what I can to educate cars in front of me... Boggles my mind that people with licenses don't understand that.
chet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #3257
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
This.

I have people constantly right on my bumper. Then when they get a chance to get around me, I get 'the look'

.... and this is when I go slow as there was traffic out in front, but no where to go. Boggles my mind why people feel the need to be right on each other like that.
I'd give you the look too. I was on a freeway yesterday that usually flows around 75mph, and I come up behind a Lamborghini doing about 62 in the left lane. It's like, why not just buy a corolla? If there's traffic in front of you that's one thing, but if you're on the open road keep your ass as far right as possible. Even if I'm doing 85+ if I've got 2 lanes and there's nobody in the right lane that's where I am. Bonus is cops going the other way usually focus on the left lane when looking for speeders.

I mean, look, I'm not going to tell you how fast to drive your car. Just keep it out of the left lane if you're doing the speed limit or like 3 over. The left lane is for passing.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #3258
Trea17
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322132
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: North Richland Hills
Vehicle:
2002 WRX 4Door
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post

This.

I have people constantly right on my bumper. Then when they get a chance to get around me, I get 'the look'

.... and this is when I go slow as there was traffic out in front, but no where to go. Boggles my mind why people feel the need to be right on each other like that.
This, I don't understand how people think the space between the person in front of me and my work truck which is a 2009 dodge crew cab long bed and doesn't stop very quick for anything, have it so set in their mind that the cushion area there is for their little car to slide right into. I mean if you want to be that stupid by all means do it, but I promise you this. When you do that and slam in your brakes and my big ass truck slams into the ass end of your civic I'm gonna be shaken but probably in decent shape, you on the other hand will be painted on the back glass of the 2 cars in front of you.
I also follow this nice distance in my wrx for the simple fact that I do not enjoy slamming on my brakes.
Trea17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #3259
cmiovino
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134005
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Premium
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
I'd give you the look too. I was on a freeway yesterday that usually flows around 75mph, and I come up behind a Lamborghini doing about 62 in the left lane. It's like, why not just buy a corolla? If there's traffic in front of you that's one thing, but if you're on the open road keep your ass as far right as possible. Even if I'm doing 85+ if I've got 2 lanes and there's nobody in the right lane that's where I am. Bonus is cops going the other way usually focus on the left lane when looking for speeders.

I mean, look, I'm not going to tell you how fast to drive your car. Just keep it out of the left lane if you're doing the speed limit or like 3 over. The left lane is for passing.
I'm not talking highway though! Highway, I just go the speed of traffic, regardless of the speed limit really.

I'm talking, we're in a 25... I'm rolling along at 30, and said driver behind me can't wait for an open space to speed past me at 40+.
cmiovino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #3260
katsimbris
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132952
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Delaware
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX STi
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
I'm talking, we're in a 25... I'm rolling along at 30, and said driver behind me can't wait for an open space to speed past me at 40+.
I hear ya, but I actually pull over for people now. I found that if you have 5, or more cars cued behind you, that in Delaware you need to pull over to let them pass.

Also, this lets me find out if they were/are just behind me because they like to follow whomever is fastest, thinking the cops won't pull them over.

mike k
katsimbris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #3261
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsimbris View Post

I hear ya, but I actually pull over for people now. I found that if you have 5, or more cars cued behind you, that in Delaware you need to pull over to let them pass.

Also, this lets me find out if they were/are just behind me because they like to follow whomever is fastest, thinking the cops won't pull them over.

mike k
I usually find myself in Delaware, PA, NY a coupe times a year for work. I must say that you guys are the most courteous drivers in the country. People actually obey the rules: stay in the right lane unless you are passing. It's so easy to drive there that I don't actually mind doing the speed limit, whereas out here in CA I'm generally doing 80ish in a 65.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #3262
Orangejuice
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335717
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post

I usually find myself in Delaware, PA, NY a coupe times a year for work. I must say that you guys are the most courteous drivers in the country. People actually obey the rules: stay in the right lane unless you are passing. It's so easy to drive there that I don't actually mind doing the speed limit, whereas out here in CA I'm generally doing 80ish in a 65.
Weird, cause usually ny drivers are complete dicks, at least around where I am.
Orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #3263
Andrew025
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 303408
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
04 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsimbris View Post

I hear ya, but I actually pull over for people now. I found that if you have 5, or more cars cued behind you, that in Delaware you need to pull over to let them pass.

Also, this lets me find out if they were/are just behind me because they like to follow whomever is fastest, thinking the cops won't pull them over.

mike k
Yea, but if there's traffic right ahead of you? No way in hell I'm going to pull over so some dickbag can get his jollies off by riding someone elses ass in traffic for no reason.
Andrew025 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #3264
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejuice View Post
Weird, cause usually ny drivers are complete dicks, at least around where I am.
Ha, I was gonna say yeah upstate NY is cool though, until I saw you are from the ROC. That's usually where I go for work.

Try driving in LA for a weekend.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #3265
brownsie44
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293750
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
02 wrx sedan
Aspen White

Default

When it's below zero, but you have your windows down in a parking garage to hear your car
brownsie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #3266
OhTwo OBS
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 322327
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
02 Impreza Outback
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsie44 View Post
When it's below zero, but you have your windows down in a parking garage to hear your car
Haha do it all the time!
OhTwo OBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #3267
Orangejuice
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335717
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post

Ha, I was gonna say yeah upstate NY is cool though, until I saw you are from the ROC. That's usually where I go for work.

Try driving in LA for a weekend.
Yeaahhhhh, eff that! I honestly have no idea how people drive in the city, its like you HAVE to be a douche just to get ANYWHERE. That's why I live in the 'burbs . Some of the upstate is nice though, usually its the further you get away from the city, the nicer people are.

Anyway, you know you drive an wrx/sti when the small holes in your midpipe make your car sound like it has aftermarket exhaust

Last edited by Orangejuice; 02-04-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #3268
blehhh
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 316517
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Portland, ME
Vehicle:
2012 WRB WRX Hatch
TP Stage III & ELH

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsie44 View Post
When it's below zero, but you have your windows down in a parking garage to hear your car
Yuuuup, (also from Maine)
blehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #3269
scairkro
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 345832
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonville,nc
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
blue

Default

When everyone tries to race you....including trucks....lifted off road trucks
scairkro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #3270
Will JJ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310377
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Darlington, sc
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR
Plastidip black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scairkro View Post
When everyone tries to race you....including trucks....lifted off road trucks
I don't always street race... but when I do I borrow a lifted truck.

When you know which Subaru is going past you dorm by the exhaust note.
Will JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #3271
Chuck2012
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324568
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio, tx
Vehicle:
2005 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scairkro View Post
When everyone tries to race you....including trucks....lifted off road trucks
I usually just laugh at them.

When you honk at a slammed Honda while driving and point forward (at the dip in the road ahead) and they assume it must mean to floor it as if I was trying to race. Then the priceless look on their face when they hit it and crack their lip and its dragging.
Chuck2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #3272
ProfessWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323379
Join Date: Jun 2012
Vehicle:
2014 Diesel Cruze
Yamaha R6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck2012 View Post

I usually just laugh at them.

When you honk at a slammed Honda while driving and point forward (at the dip in the road ahead) and they assume it must mean to floor it as if I was trying to race. Then the priceless look on their face when they hit it and crack their lip and its dragging.
...When you think you're cool for making fun of people accidentally damaging their property.
ProfessWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #3273
Chuck2012
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324568
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio, tx
Vehicle:
2005 Wrx Sti
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessWRX View Post

...When you think you're cool for making fun of people accidentally damaging their property.
I clearly warned the person. I honked not revved. Shame on them for driving recklessly and not paying better attention to the road.
Chuck2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #3274
ProfessWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323379
Join Date: Jun 2012
Vehicle:
2014 Diesel Cruze
Yamaha R6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck2012 View Post

I clearly warned the person. I honked not revved. Shame on them for driving recklessly and not paying better attention to the road.
...when you think a honk and a point means "pothole ahead!" to everybody on the road.
ProfessWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #3275
metoto2sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340990
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2012 subaru Sti
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

:-) opcorn
metoto2sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You know you drive too fast when.. 2DMFST Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC 94 01-14-2016 12:11 AM
You know you're a hardcore WRX owner when... mrmcderm Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 16 06-22-2015 03:28 PM
you know you drive an impreaza when.. mycarsux General Community 5 04-26-2007 05:25 PM
You know you drive a slow car when... StopSweatinMe Off-Topic 40 01-16-2006 05:57 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.